Weekly Update 340: Panda, rainbow and behind the scenes

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 9, 2020 at 10:00 AM

Crystal Z. , Jul 9, 2020 at 10:00 AM :
    Hey friends,

When we say OnePlus is a family, it's because we mean it. From the very beginning, we've been incredibly proud and humbled by our Community's unmatched passion and limitless creativity. Your contributions to OnePlus are what set us apart. It's what makes OnePlus such a great place to work.

If you're looking for an example of what we mean when we say OnePlus is a family, look no further than our friend, @jlasensiofi. Just this week, he posted a beautiful time-lapse video on Twitter, featuring 6 seconds of pure visual poetry. We were all blown away and eager to discover the story behind the clip, so @diegohnz reached out to José for the full story.

José showed us that, with a OnePlus 8 Pro in your pocket, a lot of passion, and 8 hours of footage, you can achieve something truly special. To really help José bring his vision to life, the Community was quick to help out. José was happy to give a shout-out to the forum friends who pitched in: @Shivang Joshi, @otto2, @D1G1T, and @Bouncer71. Their editing hints and programs helped José shorten the video to its final format. Check out the final result here:

Speaking co-creation, we had a little impromptu photography contest in the office this week. After a few days of rain In Shenzhen, after a typhoon arrived last Sunday, a surprise rainbow, wait... rainbows, showed up when the awful weather cleared.
    mmexport1592305821068.jpg

mmexport1592313649851.jpg
    This was the photo that won the competition, by @Jimmy Z. with his OnePlus 8 Pro.

Rainbows are pretty common, but have you ever seen a rainbow burst out of the ground like it does in the photo below? This was shot by a user at a different angle with his OnePlus 7T.

mmexport1592462665829.jpg

Rainbows are often seen as a symbol of luck and good things to come. What good things are you wishing for? We have a few guesses, but we want to hear from you! Share your wishes in the comments.

The co-creation train kept chugging along this week, and we're excited to share news regarding the Stay Strong MV that OnePlus is making with Reggie. Here's a little sneak-peek behind the scenes of our recording session:

BTS-1.png BTS-2.png BTS-3.png

[​IMG]

When our creative wallpaper contest and jacket design campaign ended, we organized an internal selection. All of us were impressed by the beautiful and creative designs you guys shared. Dozens of wallpaper and jacket designs moved onto the second selection round. Now, a bunch of professional designers from product and ID team are going through them. The third selection round will take place shortly after, and involve the whole company. We have already received messages from different teams, asking for a few jacket samples, lol :D

BTS-01.jpg BTS-02.jpg BTS-03.jpg

Let's move on to our favorite topic of just about any week: the weekend. Last week, @Trista W. had a wonderful time in Chengdu (the home of the panda), while enjoying delicious food, gorgeous scenery and most importantly, she got the chance to get close to these lovely creatures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are you guys up to this weekend? Whatever you're planning, don't forget to explore the community. Have a nice weekend!

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 19, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    hey @Crystal Z. :)
    thank you for this great weekly update:)
    hope you are all fine:)

I hope I can play soccer again this weekend:)
    have a great weekend everyone:)
    cheers:)

3. valerio.brando
    Eclair Jun 19, 2020

4. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2020

akashahire07, Crystal Z., YRJ and 7 others like this.
  5. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jun 19, 2020

the_o2 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    This looks awesome 💞

Looks great.

Wanted to enjoy the weekend like Pandas 🐼

Thanks for the behind the scenes what you guys cooking :cool: and
    Thank for the thread, have a great weekend :)

6. Tarun_334
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2020

akashahire07, Crystal Z., YRJ and 5 others like this.
  7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Nice shout-out to @jlasensiofi and fellow Photography experts @otto2 @Shivang Joshi @Bouncer71 and users @D1G1T and @diegohnz
    Nice Click @Jimmy Z.
    Look forward to MV with Reggie and Wallpaper and Jacket design Contest.
    I'm wishing for things to start turning back to normal this year.
    Those pandas are cute especially the last one

Have a nice weekend Everyone

Caomhin, YRJ, Q1590691960890 and 12 others like this.
  8. Helder_DAlmeida
    KitKat Jun 19, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Hello 👋 @Crystal Z.! Thank you for this amazing weekly update! I hope you and the whole oneplus team are well! This weekend for me? I will give another Aikido class outdoor and I'm felling very happy becouse of it! Wish you and all the comunnity an awesome weekend! Enjoy it! Stay safe all!

Crystal Z., YRJ, the_o2 and 8 others like this.
  9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 19, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Lovely update @Crystal Z.
    Thanks for sharing all your fun times at office and outings :)

@jlasensiofi That's an amazing time-lapse... Kudos... Would love to hear behind the scenes :)

Crystal Z., YRJ, Bouncer71 and 7 others like this.
  10. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Hey @Crystal Z.
    What a beautiful photo of Shenzhen... I truly hope to visit Shenzhen one day.

I have been enjoying my week, exploring different styles of photography, in between work, and hanging out with my girlfriend.

Here are some shots I took this week:

My shots will probably never be as good as @otto2's, but hopefully if I take his advice and inspiration I can get to a better place. My photography skills have a long way to go, but I'm trying to better myself!

MVIMG_20200618_153129.jpg
    [depicted: Psyduck on his Throne]

IMG_20200617_235656.jpg
    [depicted: hot dog]

Oh, and one last fun [and probably useless] idea I had.

What if I point a security camera with IR LEDs at a scene, and enable the color filter (IR) camera to capture of a photo of that scene? Could it be? True night vision, only requiring an accessory (external IR light source)?

First, I tried taking a picture of the IR camera.. the result was pretty wacky:
    IMG_20200618_235239.jpg

Next, I did the more reasonable thing, and pointed the security camera towards the scene (low effort cat on the floor).

Keep in mind, it is pitch dark in my kitchen for the purposes of this experiment.

Here was the result.. (definitely not a remarkable photo, but.. maybe could be useful if it's dark and you don't want to bother someone by turning on a real light. Especially if you have an IR headlamp :D ):

IMG_20200619_014456.jpg

Oh, and lastly, I present to you: The Goosening... in 4k.

Everything in this thread is shot on my OnePlus 8 Pro.
    Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020

11. deep0611
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2020

12. otto2
    Photography Expert Jun 19, 2020

otto2 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Hello @Crystal Z.
    This was a well written weekly update, good job.

Great Job also done by @jlasensiofi - you made it! You are showing us, that it s not just pure technology- knowledge making great pictures and videos, but the most important part is creativity and skill. I feel blessed to help you a little bit, your video is just- wonderful!

Congratrulatipons also to @Jimmy Z. - this rainbow shot is great, too. I d like to see more of your pictures here.

@Trista W. Did you take a panda pair to the headquarters? Staff could feed and care for them!

Regarding this wekend- today is my last day at work, i ll leave my homeplace for some days, in the fun with dad thread you ll see soon how we told us good bye, once i m on my tour i ll give some updates in the photography section.
    Of course shot on... Oneplus 8 Pro.

Greting from germany,

Otto

Crystal Z., YRJ, Overzee and 9 others like this.
  13. Swatiranjan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thanks @Crystal Z. for the wonderful update.
    Finally we are able to see a different Header, some wonderful contents & This weekend update is one of the best I have seen so far.

Good to see how people are working together passionately, that beautiful video of blossom , selection of Jacket design by the team ( Hope I get selected this time) , and Finally the amazing creature "Panda".
    This weekend update has created a baseline for future updates.

❣️SRD

14. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 19, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Awesome recap! I can't wait to find out what happens with the jacket contest!

Crystal Z., YRJ, Bouncer71 and 7 others like this.
  15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 19, 2020

Caomhin, Crystal Z., YRJ and 9 others like this.

YRJ, Bouncer71, buntycubal and 3 others like this.
  17. S1577170588597
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

19. Cakepips
    Froyo Jun 19, 2020

Cakepips , Jun 19, 2020 :
    That's what I call a proper butt scratch there haha ( reminds me of Baloo from the Jungle Book).

Thanks for the update @Crystal Z. !
    Loving the rainbow photos. Also, amazing time-lapse @jlasensiofi !

Nothing much for me this weekend... Patiently awaiting the news of the 8 finalist for the jacket contest (best of luck everyone! nervously sweats ) and after getting over that, probably catch up on a few programmes.

Hope everyone is keeping well and have a good weekend everyone! :)

20. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 19, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jun 19, 2020 :
    OMG, @Crystal Z., your words leave me overwhelmed and enormously grateful, while being proud to be part of this unique family :hearteyes:

Your distinction in my video is what makes me feel happier every day with all of you :)

The update for the week looks great, as does the photo of @Jimmy Z. which I find to be spectacular. Congratulations.

It will be interesting to meet that Reggie and see the incredible final wallpapers that many colleagues from the Community have prepared. Good luck to all of them.

I envy @Trista W. for that ride in panda town. I love them and I suppose you will have enjoyed as usual ;)

I hope you are all OK. Take good care of yourselves and have a good weekend everyone! :hearteyecat:

Crystal Z., YRJ, Venky61 and 7 others like this.