Weekly Update 340: Panda, rainbow and behind the scenes

1. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2020

SeaRefractor , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Didn't get it recorded, but once was high up enough on a mountain to see a circular rainbow. A complete circle.

G_plusone likes this.
  2. fragargon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2020

fragargon , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Hi,

This is nicely resume, I busy creative week.
    Congratulations all and a special hourra for @jlasensiofi :)

3. Krishn Agarwal
    Eclair Jun 19, 2020

Krishn Agarwal , Jun 19, 2020 :
    That's my design being reviewed y'all !!! <3<3 <3
    I really hope that I win this one! :) :D
    All thanks too @MaiBeret for notifying about my design being displayed in the Weekly Update 340.

4. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 19, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Once I love watching your videos of squirrels, although I have already verified that other animals come into your house. It is a joy :hearteyes:

puccellino, Bouncer71, script and 3 others like this.
  5. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 19, 2020

Thanks a million, mate! :);)

Bouncer71, otto2 and Batman360 like this.
  6. SeanPlus
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2020

SeanPlus , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Crystal Z.

Is there anyone at OnePlus HQ recording the internal selection process for the 8 Series Wallpaper and the OnePlus Coach Jacket contests? When the winners are announced I'd love to see what everyone's honest impressions were, and the messages sent requesting samples.
    😄

G_plusone, Bouncer71 and Cakepips like this.
  7. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 19, 2020

Goodnight @Venky61 . Now that I've made up a bit of time, I respond to what you say about how you would love to know more behind the scenes.

In truth, almost everything @Crystal Z. has told. I could only add that so that I could record all night I used a tripod and a Beastgrip mobile phone holder that I have had for a long time.

I put the flower as close to the phone as possible, focused it, locked the focus and started recording in Time Lapse mode. As it was at night, the living room of the house was dark and I put the light of a screen to illuminate the flower but the rest remained dark. Hence it comes out like this.

From that moment, I went to bed and the next day I found the video of about 53 minutes corresponding to about 8 hours of recording.

It was a challenge because I could not check if it went well or not. It was not a photo or a time lapse that you can examine at the moment.

Seeing that the result was what it intended, as you imagine, in 53 minutes it is impossible to see that effect.

Then the moment indicated by @Crystal Z. came, help from the colleagues he mentioned and who provided me with ideas and names of video editors to shorten their duration and have that effect of rapid reproduction. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about video editing and it cost me his way.

There is no more that I can count, except that the work that the OnePlus 8 Pro camera did in Time lapse mode has been perfect and along with that, the help of colleagues. Of all of them is the success of this video.

Mine, be sleeping all night while recording... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

8. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jun 19, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Heya @Crystal Z.
    What a weekly...!!!

Thanks so much for bringing back the Member feature as well as matching the header pic...!

And @jlasensiofi very well deserved my friend... !!
    We just threw some words at your questions, but you did the work...!!!
    Amazingly, I might add...
    Never tried to shoot a time lapse of a growing plant, but you totally inspired me to try that out some day...!
    But you're in need of some extra classes how to multi quote.. :D

Rainbows are so beautiful and @Jimmy Z. you really captured the moment...!

Unfortunately Gifs have no sound...
    Wanna hear that song...!!!

Nice insights of the selection process...

That Panda really needed a rub badly it seems...

What's up at the weekend...?
    A thousand kilometers ride to the beach, what else...?

Have a great one friends...!!!

9. dinakaran.sensor
    Froyo Jun 20, 2020

G_plusone and jlasensiofi like this.
  10. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 20, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Thank you so much for putting it down all for me :)
    It really inspires to try out different and makes one realize that you don't need all heavy camera equipment to create such wonderful output.

11. Akshaysrao1+
    Froyo Jun 20, 2020

Akshaysrao1+ , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Hey ....Its raining here in India as well....wish even we get to see a rainbow. Eager for that Stay strong Mv for obvious reasons [e]1f609[/e]. And pandas are probably the cutest heavyweight champions. Cheers to all. Happy weekend [e]1f60a[/e].

G_plusone likes this.
  12. puccellino
    KitKat Jun 20, 2020

puccellino , Jun 20, 2020 :
    @jlasensiofi,

Your orchid video is very cool, and I love the way you captured it flowering. Its very well done ...... And also, for having such a healthy orchid.

:D

G_plusone, otto2, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  13. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 20, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Really missing soccer! you brought back memories :(

G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 20, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 20, 2020 :
    yeah,... Miss soccer too:)!

G_plusone, otto2 and Batman360 like this.
  15. iharshjjain
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2020

iharshjjain , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Nice scenes... 🐼 love is best.. would love to visit china only for that.. and yea HQ too if i get invited.. Thanks..

G_plusone and jlasensiofi like this.
  16. Dhr888
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  17. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 20, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Thank you very much, dear friend! :);)

I'm glad it inspired you and don't stop trying it. It is fascinating. I had a lot of trouble trying something like that. If it hadn't been because we have that orchid at home, I think I never would have.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Yes, it's true, I could have used the multi quote, but I didn't realize it and I launched into the individual response... :tongueclosed:

otto2, Batman360 and Bouncer71 like this.
  18. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 20, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jun 20, 2020 :
    @Bouncer71, I already learned... :tonguewink::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! ;)

Thank you very much again. You're right. Today, many photography professionals use their mobiles and you can see authentic photographic works of art. Always without wanting to make any comparison with professional cameras.

And I take advantage of another question that I forgot to comment. When I left recording all night, I went to bed anxious to find the melted phone the next day. Incredible as it may seem, it heated absolutely nothing. I was amazed.

Infinite thanks, mate! ;):) The truth is that I was lucky that the flower opened at night. That helped me have such a peculiar scene. Undoubtedly, if it had been for the day, the result I think would not have been so striking.

Yes, the orchid, which we thought was dead and could be revived, is spectacular. At this moment it has 3 flowers and one more that is about to sprout...

Thank you for my share ;)

otto2, Venky61, Batman360 and 3 others like this.
  19. MasterJafri07
    Eclair Jun 20, 2020

G_plusone and otto2 like this.
  20. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jun 20, 2020