Weekly Update 342: New beginnings

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 5, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 5, 2020 :
    WU.png
    Hi everyone,

After last week's 3-day holiday, this week was particularly long for the team here at HQ. It’s also been one month since I joined OnePlus as trainee, making it the perfect time for my first Weekly Update. Last week, so many things happened, so let me take this chance to share my favorite stories with you.

The one thing on everyone's mind is OnePlus Nord. An all-new series for OnePlus, OnePlus Nord is aimed at making it easier for more people to embrace OnePlus and find out what it means to Never Settle. This week, we finally unveiled the official name. There's a lot more to come though, so be sure to keep an eye on our brand-new Instagram account, where we're dropping an exclusive documentary series. By the way, I designed the banner picture for Nord, do you like it?

Nord2.png

On July 2, we introduced our new OnePlus TV series in India, a smarter TV with a smarter price. What’s more, we've invited the TV team to join us in our next AMA. So, get those questions ready if you’re curious about the new TV series.

20 lucky gamers engaged in a Fortnite match with Ali-A, one of the biggest Fortnite players in gaming. A lot of players couldn't pass up the chance to play with a Youtuber and show off their brilliant skills in-game. We can't wait to see their highlight reels. How did you feel about this event? I used to play a lot of PUBG, but Fortnite's been growing on me, which mobile game do you prefer?

Addition Magazine has been growing in popularity ever since we released the very first edition late last year. A lot of you have been asking for a way to get your hands on a copy of Addition Magazine Issue 2. Since your help has been key to making our magazine a success, what better way to give away our latest magazine than through a new survey? Share your feedback directly with us for the chance to win your own copy.

Shot on OnePlus July started this week! I shared some of my own visual summer stories there, don’t miss it. I really like the summer vibe, and it makes for great photography. I hope you'll enjoy the season, too. This theme will provide you plenty of opportunities to be creative, so I hope you can share your photos and stories with us. For me, a slice of watermelon (or two) always adds a ton of charm to the season, and, funnily enough, @Amanda W. brought us a big, sweet watermelon this afternoon!

20200703-1.jpg

20200703-2.jpg

3.jpg

Here's a sneak peek at Ideas 2.0. @Trista W. is working on improving it! Keep your eyes out for more information soon. User-driven is our main focus day in day out, and we can't wait to hear your brilliant ideas.

20200703-MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    Like many of you, I’m a OnePlus fan, so it’s been really cool to join OnePlus and work with the OnePlus Community. The environment at OnePlus headquarters is both filled with tech and very charming. You can not only find OnePlus phones everywhere, but also see Amanda’s flowers and Trista’s duck doll. Quack quack.

IMG_20200622_164344_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20200702_145435.jpg

Our talented colleagues can even draw a picture for you! Guess who the girl and the handsome man in these drawings are? What do you think about having an AMA about OnePlus headquarters and organizing a live-stream for it?

IMG_20200701_095205.jpg

IMG_20200703_153507__01.jpg
    By Chris De Boer
    As some of you may know, I'm still in my senior year of college, so I had to write essays after work, and edit some video clips as my homework. Here’s a short video from La la land, edited by me.

I hope you like it. Some more good news is that we’re working on improving the video capabilities of the Community in the future, so make sure to share your creative ideas on video shooting and editing with us!

That's all we've got to share this week. Have a nice weekend ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020

2. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2020

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

3. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Thank you for #NewBeginnings... Looking forward for more updates on Nord!!!

Hey! @Amanda W. and @Fleming F. It's not fair enough to eat delicious watermelon without joining us!! [e]1f349[/e]

Hope you all enjoy it without partying with community! 😋

4. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 5, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Hope you enjoying the Job, congratulations :)

PUBG, because whenever I open the fortnight 6 GB of updates in pending :p:p

Already done, hope to get one :D

The faces tell how delicious it was :hearteyes:

The guy is @dsmonteiro for sure, and I like the MA+Hs done above his head as well :p
    And the classified things written there as well : D
    Girls is Trista?

Yes please :)

It is really good.

Thanks for the recap, enjoy your weekend.
    Have a great week ahead everyone :)

5. Immi007
    Eclair Jul 5, 2020

6. H1589362896504
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2020

Attached Files:

7. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 5, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. you are on a roll man! Such amazing threads 🔥😉 Only if my boss gave me such opportunities when I was a trainee 😂 Really excited for the NORD though, can't wait for it's pre-booking to start on Amazon.😎TV launches we lit, especially the prices.

Amazinggg work Fleming and thanks to you guys for taking in a suggestion of changing the hearder image too, looks soo damn good now 😍

Already gave a suggestion for the TV AMA and I know you know it😂😉 So yeah I have some interesting questions for this AMA, bring it on😎

CoD Mobile🔥

Already done, was quick enough to notice😜 Hope you guys a quick enough to select me and send a copy my way🙈😂

Could Never Miss It. Amazing shots taken by you🔥🔥

IDEAS 2.0 😍😍😍 Get ready coz more ideas are already ready with me😎🔥

Whyy not!!!! But after the TV AMA 😜

You are a person with many talents aren't you? 😏😏 Amazing photography and video editing skills🔥

Where? In the feedback section?? 🙄

P.S. Send me some of these yummy watermelons 🤤🤤🤤🤤

8. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Just tell me one thing 'YOU GUYS ARE SAYING ABOUT NEW BEGINNING'

What about the 7 series OP many users are complaining about issues in OP7 Series like double Tap Wake, portrait issue , all kind of new features are missing seriously and You guys are talking about NEW BEGINNINGS

I WARN PEOPLE THAT AFTER THEY RELEASE THIS NORD THING THEY WILL START NEGLECTING OTHER OP SERIES......

Just everytime giving excuses on updates...... Bloody excuses for all last 4 months many things came on beta not a single thing came to Stable for OP 7 Series......

Damn!! Hopefully Oneplus will start giving proper Updates soon

9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 5, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Congratulations for the weekly update and the Monthly anniversary
    PUBG :D

Entered hope I get one :p
    I Will be smiling like the staffs receiving them from @Amanda W. Nice flowers too :p

Huge Shout out to Mod family
    Look forward to seeing IDEAS 2.0 @Trista W. Cool duck with cool hat :D
    Some interesting stuff going on in the writings there 🧐
    If I have to guess I would say @Amanda W. Or @Crystal Z.
    Didn't know there was a Chinese edition for Addition 1 ;)
    No idea who this is :oops:
    Nice edits and all the Best for your College.

Excited for the NORD and have a great weekend everyone

10. thedarkpresence_
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2020

thedarkpresence_ , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Weekly updates lately do not include any updates regarding phones and update timelines.
    OnePlus had promised to re-enable the photochrome lens for India by June end. 1st week of July is done, but yeah, weekly update with no hint of anything. Keep this up, you're gonna lose a lot of customers. Just building hype for product launches doesn't do much if you don't provide proper product support.
    I miss the old OnePlus 3t days when OnePlus used to actually communicate and listen to the community.

G_plusone and Immi007 like this.
  11. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2020

Swatiranjan , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Great Update @Fleming F. you have amazed us with all your skills . Good to notice that you are enjoying your workplace.
    Questions are already ready. Yes I am interested to be a part of AMA
    Already shared . It's a great magazine covering almost everything
    Excited about it. Posted one pic so far. 😊
    Water melon looks delicious. Have fun at your workplace.
    Excited about the outcome. More feedbacks are waiting to flow.
    That's the greatness of the organization and the reason why it's doing great in the market.
    Enjoy buddy. Everyone wish to have such an office with such cooperation from colleagues & bosses.
    Guess it's @Amanda W. & Chinese version of @dsmonteiro 😜 Not sure though.
    The same Chinese version of @dsmonteiro 😜 Not sure though.
    Great video BTW.

Enjoy the week and have fun.

SRD

12. ItsRavi25

ItsRavi25 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 5, 2020 :
    My OnePlus list...
    3T....5T....6T.....7T.....8 pro...😇
    OnePlus TV 43Y1..on the way..[e]1f601[/e]
    Waiting for OnePlus Nord [e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]

13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 5, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 5, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. What an update bro.
    [​IMG]
    Yessssss I would l would love that... I would get to talk to amazing people like u ;)
    I don't know the girl but the handsome man might be our very own @dsmonteiro! 😁
    Same here bro. I love your work. Thank you for sharing..

14. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Fleming F.!
    Hope you are enjoying your job at oneplus!
    I liked the idea of doing AMA with the Oneplus TV team and the headquarters staff! 😀
    I already answered the questionnaire I hope to receive addition n2!
    Watermelon [e]1f349[/e] 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋
    Have a nice Sunday and all the oneplus team, take care and stay safe.

15. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 5, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Heya @Fleming F.
    thanks for the lovely insights and recap..! :)

I love watermelons but I wonder what's inside those OnePlus boxes next to Amanda ??? ;)

Really like those futuristic white/green office chairs they look very comfy...
    And those cloth samples get me looking forward to your next creations @Amanda W....:D

Reading between the lines I see TWS and an interaction with Avicii on Insta...?
    I would say that "sounds" promising.. :D

Finally your trailer cut is awesome..!! :)

Have a great Sunday y'all...!!

script, Fleming F., the_o2 and 5 others like this.

Fleming F. and Immi007 like this.
  17. Akshaysrao1+ , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Great to see the team doing good...Its beautiful how we treat each others as human beings first and not as countries... Hope we all get the peace , calmness and joy that we deserve...And once the dust settles may we enjoy what we have...[e]1f64f[/e]

Fleming F., Amanda W. and Immi007 like this.
  18. Amanda W.
    Head of Global Community Staff Member Jul 5, 2020

script, Bouncer71, Fleming F. and 8 others like this.
  19. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2020

G_plusone and Immi007 like this.