Weekly Update 343: A few friends are joining the Community

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 11, 2020

dsmonteiro , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

With July 21 and OnePlus Nord’s AR launch event growing closer by the minute, you can definitely feel the hype building up in Community. I’ll let you in on a secret (but please don’t tell @Amanda W.) – when the first pre-order vouchers were about to drop, I was distracted from my Community duties, frantically tapping the refresh button. Luckily, I was able to get one and, this week, I received something in the mail.

IMG_20200709_123031__01.jpg

For someone that has been here since early 2014, this particular launch has a certain OnePlus One vibe to it. I wonder how many of you are as excited as I am. Feel free to leave your comments below, I would love to hear it from you.

There were other exciting things happening in HQ that aren’t Nord related, though. For a while now, the Community team has been working on a special internal project called OnePlus User Ambassadors. One thing we keep hearing from Community members is that you want to see more staff interacting with users. As a result, we started reaching out to multiple departments within the company and find those that are most passionate about our users. This week, we took one of the last steps in this process, having a session with all of those involved.

MicrosoftTeams-image (15).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (16).jpg MicrosoftTeams-image (17).jpg MicrosoftTeams-image (18).jpg

We hope you’re as thrilled as we are about this. With this new program, we aim at an even closer connection between users and staff, so that you know the people behind the product and what drives them. You should hear more about this soon.

The Community-related news don’t stop there. Yesterday, @Amanda W. shared a bit more about some of the gamification mechanics we’re bringing to the Community and announced a revamped user ladder [we’re looking for names here] with a big emphasis on users’ positive impact in the Community. Through these changes, we hope this will help make your time here even more interesting and enjoyable.

Last, but definitely not least, I want to highlight the overwhelmingly positive response to Reggie’s new music video, co-created with our users and also June, a staff member with an amazing voice. We hoped to raise your spirits through this Stay Strong video and judging by your comments it was mission accomplished. If you haven’t watched it yet, you can check it below. And, if you want to know a bit more about Reggie, head over to additionmag and read his article.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get some rest for the days to come, as they will be quite intense.

Stay safe and have fun.

P.S. - Speaking of fun, have you been following #oneplusnordmeme on Twitter? Because if you haven't, you should! There are some great ones out there.

Attached Files:

2. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 11, 2020

3. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jul 11, 2020

4. razzor228
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thankss for the weekly roundup @dsmonteiro ,such amazing news, updates and hyoe going around these days😍

You don't say😂😂😂😂 I'm excited for the pre-orders in India on 15th 😍🔥 Asked my friends to stay on there toes too, so that if I miss they could order one for me😂

You don't have to wonder, you can just see the time of the pre-orders getting sold out 😂🔥🔥

Will we be seeing them in the forums soon? 😏😏

Listening it since the day it got dropped, playing guitar alongside it. Will share my guitar cover too (if possible) 😊

I have checked it but the question is have you checked my the meme video I made on twitter? 😂 Got a bit late in uploading it, but was worth it 😉🔥

Stay Safe you too and everyone else, enjoy the weekend. 😊😊

P.S. Loving the header images these days🔥😍❤️
    thecursedchild is too damn lucky to live in a heaven like that, such beautiful shots he has on his insta profile 😍

6. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @dsmonteiro !
    It's been rather a user themed week, hasn't it! [e]263a[/e]️
    Hope everyone has a fab weekend.
    Keep safe and Never Settle.

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 11, 2020

8. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jul 11, 2020

Overzee , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks @dsmonteiro for this update!
    So proud to be a part of this all, there are some great videos used! My video was picked for the MV, could not be happier!
    Just applied for the OnePlus Ambassadors program in The Netherlands, is this the same or a different program?

Have a great weekend all and stay safe!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

9. ahuja_varun
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

ahuja_varun , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update !!

Stay safe!! Stay Strong !!

#OnePlus #Neversettle

[e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]💥💥🤘🤘🤙🤙

10. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

11. Martin_VN
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2020

12. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 11, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for the recap,
    If that t-shirt is not fitting you can gib it to me :rolleyes:;)
    Stay healthy and safe :)
    Enjoy the weekends :D

13. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

14. NiyasAhamed
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2020

Swatiranjan likes this.
  15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Dear Monty,
    Thank you

16. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 11, 2020

script , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thx David for this fine weekly again.

Looking up North.

Hanwa Script

17. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 11, 2020

18. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2020

iharshjjain , Jul 11, 2020 :
    To @dsmonteiro,

Guess @Amanda W., have gave u a nice beating to skip from your duties and now you come up with a weekly covering a whole lot of things.

Good going.. btw when you are a staff member you should be barred from entering these pre-books and contest especially when the Hype train is running on Super Speed..

19. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Good luck @Overzee for the NL Ambassador programme! 🤞🏻

I'm going to assume it's different programme where it focuses on us, the user, and interacting with us whereas the OnePlus Ambassador programmes that have recently been advertised, it for focusing them, their products and interacting with them. :smile:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

20. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 11, 2020

fragargon , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Hi, thanks for this update, Indeed I've got this feelings. I missed the preorder by secondes! 😃
    Enjoy the weekend! 😃