Weekly Update 345: New products, new blood and pizza

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 24, 2020

Crystal Z. , Jul 24, 2020 :
    345.png

Hey y'all,

I know the title might sound a bit strange, but it's actually how we spent this week. :p:p:p

As you know, we released two new products last Wednesday – the Nord and the Buds. We're sure you already know everything there is to know, so we'll spare the details. Still, if you want, you can find more product information about Nord, India sales information, and the answers to your questions on the homepage easily. With this weekly, we prefer to give a small taste of what happens behind the scenes, things you would never see otherwise.

The AR launch happened quite late here in HQ, at 10PM, but everyone was excited about this moment, so staff gathered on the brainstorm room to watch the launch together.

newproduct.jpg

newproduct.jpg

Cheers to the Nord team, all those involved and to every community member that's supporting us.

Another exclusive bit I want to share with you is the first time we got to see the samples for the co-created community jacket. This is just the first proofing, though. Some aspects, such as material, color, and details, still need adjustment and improvement. But it's great to see community's work shaping up. Stay tuned, we'll start another vote when the final samples meet our expectations.

jacket2.jpg jacket3.jpg jacket1.jpg jacket4.jpg jacket5.jpg

We also want to update you on @Zach X.. Last week, he left the Community team to join 140 other new OnePlus staff members who are currently spending a great time in Spark Camp. Here're some moments from the camp, and I'm sure @Zach X. will have a lot to say about this training once it ends.

spark4.jpg spark1.jpg spark2.jpg spark3.jpg spark5.jpg

@Yvonne F. and @Carrie L. have started their new journey, and while we're happy for them, we'll certainly miss them. At the same time, we've welcomed some new members in the office, both intern and full time. Among them, do you see any familiar faces? Hopefully they will join the community and interact with you more in the near future.

newblood1.jpg newblood2.jpg newblood3.jpg

Welcome back @Brian Yoon
    Open Ears Forums can open one's appetite, so I ordered 2 pizzas for the team. @Amanda W. kept feeding us with pizza from time to time, as we collected feedback about Digital Self.

pizza0.jpg pizza1.jpg pizza2.jpg
    That should be all for this week. How about your week?

2. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 24, 2020

script , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Strike!

Thx Crystal for an early weekly. Better, late, on your side of the planet.

I wish all at OnePlus a nord weekend, and I'm looking forward to all buts news.

Cheers, Script

IMG_20180812_103601__01_003-01_001.jpg

3. Girish.Pranav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2020

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

4. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

5. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Pizzaaaaaaa 🤤

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 24, 2020

8. shivam31.ag
    Student Ambassador India Jul 24, 2020

9. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

渊霈丶 likes this.
  10. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

渊霈丶 and Dresa91 like this.
  11. gautamthapar
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

12. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Good to see these happy faces [e]1f60a[/e]. Lots of events and the grand AR launch of Nord was the biggest one.
    Great to see the Jackets designed by our very own community.
    @Amanda W. is feeding the community properly. Watermelon now Pizza. [e]1f44d[/e]
    Such an eventful week it is. Good to see @Zach X. 's Spark Camp.
    @Fleming F. 's hosting of threads is [e]1f525[/e]
    Thank you @Crystal Z. for the weekly update.
    Hope for a great next week as well.

❣️SRD

13. gautamthapar
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Bouncer71 and Cakepips like this.
  14. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Wooaaahhh!! An seems like you all has an amazing week @Crystal Z. 😍🔥
    Congratulations to the entire Nord team, the product was a success even before the launch 💥
    @Zach X. and team are surely having alot of fun 😜😂😍
    The coach jackets are looking really good❤️ (waiting for the 10 lucky voters announcement though😜). Please give the away in sime contest when they are done 😄
    @Yvonne F. and @Carrie L. all the best for your future endeavours 😊

Crystal could you also send me that pizza along with the gifts from OEF? 🤤🤤😂😂

@Fleming F. bruhhh stop teasing with the delicious food in your hand🤣🤣🤣🤤🤤🤤

It's really a blessing working in such a company with such colleagues who are infact your friends, surrounded by tech and like minded people, coming up with fresh ideas, stay neck to neck with the competition. I'm sure everyday is a completely different day than the previous one in the HQ😍🔥

P.S. I left my job last week, so if you guys are hiring, I'm just a pm/email away😂😂

15. zer0mins
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

zer0mins , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I'm really interesting One Plus Coat with black and red & white mix color one. Is that possible to have one [e]2665[/e]️

Cakepips likes this.
  16. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    @Crystal Z. Thanks for the early update..
    I'm sure everyone of you want to have a good rest after all the hard work you people have put in for one of the best releases ever in the industry.. So have a happy and safe weekend...
    @Amanda W. We are also hungry looking at every weekly update.. watermelon and Pizza.. noting down every thing..
    @Zach X. Will be waiting to hear more from you..
    And yeah.. jackets are very nice..

17. razzor228
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Swatiranjan and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  18. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Crystal Z. !

Cheers to the Oneplus Staff and Nord Staff for this weeks utter madness. Blood, Sweat and Joy definitely happened this week.

Looks like @Zach X. and the other new staff had fun in Spark Camp (Barrel rafts... giving me throwbacks there)

All the best to @Yvonne F. and @Carrie L. ! Welcome back @Brian Yoon !

"Stay tuned, we'll start another vote" - wait... another vote on the jackets? :fearscream:
    Btw this is the first time I'm seeing the first proofs of my jacket (well, apart from the little blip earlier today... that might of given me an indication that something was going to be posted soon :wink: ).
    As you might notice, we added the community logo on the right sleeve on mine.
    So yeah, both are looking amazing! Hope everyone are liking these. :relaxed:
    (ps. I think the points are still needing to be distributed? Also I sure 10 lucky winners are still patiently waiting to be selected... guessing this will be done closer to the final designs :blush:)

Those pizzas look delicious. Yum!

As always: Keep safe, have a fab weekend and Never Settle friends.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

19. SeanPlus

SeanPlus , Jul 24, 2020 :
    😲

🥴

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

U1564498125000, Cakepips and Dresa91 like this.
  20. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

fragargon , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Thank you for this weekly update.
    You had a busy week. The NORD launch was a pretty succes. The NORD team did a great job.
    This AR presentation was a first and unique moment. (Remember me the Carboard for OP3 presentation)
    You are creative at OnePlusHQ. You seem to have a fun working time.
    Showing us that projects can be concrete is stimulating, the jacket looks good.

Have a restfull WE