Weekly Update 346: Behind-The-Scene Stories And Some Surprises On the Way

1. Trista W.
    Administrator Jul 31, 2020

Trista W. , Jul 31, 2020 :
    wu346.png

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since my last thread. I've been busy with some platform-related work, so I wasn't able to spend much time here. Still, I can assure you all that I miss you all a lot! To give you a small sneak peek, we are working on a major revamp of the Community app. If you spot any glitches or have any suggestions regarding the Community app, feel free to comment below or PM me, your voice may help define the direction of our next iteration.

Let's dive into what happened within this week:

True Nord

'True North will never lead you astray.'

After the official launch of OnePlus Nord, we are so proud that it has received such great market repercussion. In Amazon India, OnePlus Nord is the highest pre-booked item in their entire history across all categories. Thank everyone for making this such a success.

The first batch of pre-orders are on their way to your door. @dsmonteiro was one of the first lucky ones to get the OnePlus Nord, as a gift to his wife. Not everything went smoothly, though.

His wife said she didn't like the sandstone finish, because it tickles her hands. David told me that, since she doesn't like the case, he's looking for a new one (but I'm not entirely sure if he's referring to the wife or the case).:D

For more details about Nord sales, please refer HERE [IN]&[EU].

Through the " If I were the product manager of Nord... " challenge, I discovered a few very talented aspiring product designers on our forums. Your creativity never lets me down, below are my favorites:

Preparations are in full swing for IDEAS 2.0

Back in late March, we officially announced IDEAS, an OnePlus Community co-creation platform. More than 5,000 valid ideas were collected and five of them have already been added to our road-map. Inspired by your extreme creativity and passion for OxygenOS, we decided to introduce IDEAS 2.0 in early September. This time, it will be equipped with a fresh look and a smoother experience flow.

屏幕快照 2020-07-31 下午3.24.26.png

OnePlus Life

We had a department meeting yesterday, where the department head shared the recent major happenings and our 3-year development strategy. We also learned that we didn't expect such positive feedback towards our IoT products and it was our users who boosted our confidence to insist on a burdenless digital life experience. Where do you see OnePlus heading in the next 3 years? How will you define our look of success?

WU素材.jpeg

Can you find the Community team?
    This year is such a roller coaster. These are tough times indeed. While many of us are trapped in awful situations because of the rampant pandemic, there's always hope. @Amanda W.'s plants are an example.

WU3.png

That's all for this week. Have a nice weekend and stay safe.

2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I don't think a side note would suffice. Don't you think the issue should be addressed on a broader level?

[EDIT]
    The display issue is new for the Nord series but it has been present on the 8 series as well, So far OnePlus failed to address it, and there has been no mention of it from the staff despite countless threads from users. So how's that going to turn out for Nord?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

3. Vansh99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2020

Matze47, youbi, luigimario and 23 others like this.
  4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020

5. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thanks for the fast update Trista.
    We are also waiting for the revamp of this buggy community application. And will definitely help you with whatever we can.
    @dsmonteiro please explain why Trista is thinking if you are looking for a change. By the way, we have absolutely no interest in changing the case.
    Apart from pre-order compliants on screen, if you see the Thank you thread from @Carl there are so many users complaining about the promises made during Indian Pre-order of Nord. Could you please tag the correct contact for addressing those concerns..
    Waiting for the Ideas 2.0
    And last but of course not the least @Amanda W. You continue to surprise us week after week. Thanks..
    Have a nice weekend..

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 31, 2020

dsmonteiro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Hi, @SJBoss,

Sorry, that bit was supposed to have been removed before the post going live. @Shawn L. already addressed this here and we'll be sure to update users once there's more info about it.

7. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    First of releasing 2-3. Flagship phones every year and then u don't take care of your old phones.....

It is not wroth it know... Users are complaining regarding updates still not a single thing is coming... Anyway many moderators will come and say why I am whining for updates...

Anyway OnePlus keep doing what you are doing .....

W1592717100445 likes this.
  8. Girish.Pranav

9. dsmonteiro

Well, I have to say I was fuming when my wife said "I don't like sandstone". Now, the case is tucked away and she's using the included transparent case (which, I must say, looks quite nice).

She's quite pleased with it, now I need to convince her to join the community.

10. dsmonteiro

Hi there,

Just today, the update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T was released. Older models are still updated. I'm sure your phone will also get an update soon.

11. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Sir.. intelligently, you diverted the topic..
    I have very clearly specified we have absolutely no interest in knowing about the change of case..
    We want to know why Trista felt you are looking for a change (Read Trista's post again if you didn't understand what I have asked you).

12. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    But with a security patch update with no fixing updates..... Anyway it's a matter of time users will know this .....No battery life fix , no battery optimization etc... Anyway OnePlus is doing great job

13. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I'm ded 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ayeee this sidenote of providing a solution is very soothing, I just gifted my sister a Nord and it's her first OnePlus, so I really don't want her facing these issues. Thankyou for hearing us. Also a photo of her gift:

IMG_20200731_135016_001.jpg

Ayeee😄😄 This means alot!! You keep bringing such creativity contest and I will keep oiling my brain cells for more creative ideas😉

Letting you on a secret, I have prepared a whole list of ideas since the last announcement done by Fleming, stay tuned to be amazed😉

Yaasssss😍😎🔥

14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I'm sure Shawn won't be bumping every thread that'll pop up with that issue so maybe an acknowledgement thread would've been better,

Also,
    Now, I'm sure you won't give me a link to the article on Android authority about it where OnePlus was more comfortable to speak.

15. dsmonteiro

It was me who told her that. I should clarified that I meant the case. :tearsofjoy:

16. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020

17. prashanthsparky
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

18. dsmonteiro

Hi @prashanthsparky,

The best way to report any issues you're facing is through the Feedback tool on the Community app. This way, Bug Hunters can contact you and find more about the issue you're facing.

19. prashanthsparky
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

prashanthsparky , Jul 31, 2020 :
    sure I'll do it.

dsmonteiro and Amanda W. like this.
  20. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Am I not your brother 🥺🥺
    When will you gift me something 👉 👈