Weekly Update 346: Behind-The-Scene Stories And Some Surprises On the Way

1. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2020 at 6:01 PM

Swatiranjan , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:01 PM :
    We also missed your threads.
    This is the need of the hour. We definitely are going to suggest,there may be 100s of suggestions.

Wives come in sandstone finish 🙄

I had posted 3 ideas as well, you didn't notice I know.

Bring it on ; this time it'll be 10k. Few ideas are already on the table.

Have a great Start of August.

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  2. deep0611
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 6:02 PM

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  3. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020 at 6:02 PM

SJBoss , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:02 PM :
    It wasn't suppose to be here. Sorry for your inconvenience. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 6:23 PM

4. asishgrwl
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020 at 6:06 PM

asishgrwl , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:06 PM :
    Hey @Trista W. thanks for the weekly update.

Hope his wife isn't here:sweatsmile:
    This is good:hearteyes:
    True that:)
    The Dark Theme in the Community App isn't working on OnePlus 3T atleast. Could you please verify the same?

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe peeps.:)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 4:10 AM

AllThingsTech, adarshgrwl and Dresa91 like this.
  5. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2020 at 6:16 PM

Swatiranjan , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:16 PM :
    Once she joins the community, tell her how @Cheetosdust roasted you 😜. Infront of a wife no one can 😝.

6. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2020 at 6:23 PM

iharshjjain , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:23 PM :
    Thanks @Trista W. for the update..

adding @dsmonteiro

A small request.
    Though there is not a single doubt for my trust on OnePlus, I had Pre-Booked the Nord on 15th July, through your channel partner in India (amazon.in). they had specifically written that we will be the 1st one's to get the device. But to our surprise we are not and the prize was taken by the RCC (though i needed 4 of the Nord's and being a Loyal RCC member i got 1 yesterday (no words to describe the feeling i felt when i opened the sealed box of the Pop-up))...

Now i am waiting for the update from OnePlus for the following:
    1. why I am not reimbursed the Pre-Order Amount of Rs. 500/- when ordering the Nord.
    2. why I am not considered as preferred customer to buy the Phone after the launch or may be after RCC (for all variants).
    3. why I am not awarded Rs. 5000/- worth rewards.

I know OnePlus always looks for its community. So a ICS Community member i am requesting you to intervene in this matter and represent us against this injustice at HQ.
    I don't want to tag Carl and Pete or Joel for this as they don't respond here, they are here just for posting any announcement.

yours truly,
    Community member

Optimus_Prime_07 and Dresa91 like this.
  7. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 6:29 PM

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:29 PM :
    @dsmonteiro @Trista W
    with due respect , i want to ask that many of OnePlus 8 pro users are facing display issues and it is not amoled nature issues !
    it is something different and increasing day by day !
    i want to ask does OnePlus plans to help us ??
    i have replaced 3 times and every unit had its drawbacks !

do OnePlus planning to do for us ??
    or will it be our last OnePlus device ??

8. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2020 at 6:46 PM

9. Gio567full
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 6:56 PM

Gio567full , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:56 PM :
    Hi @Trista W., It's great always see community developments through weekly updates.
    Even if we are not there, it's amazing read this update, at least for me, it would be fantastic for us loyal users to become increasingly part of the community.
    I am in Italy, I noticed that the community is not very active and this thing makes me sad because I would like so much that Oneplus was known even more, I know how much it deserves and how much you deserve, since the times of the oneplus one that I have as a very rare object.
    @dsmonteiro By chance, will there be new initiatives to encourage this development also in Europe and Italy?
    I know that for you, geographically, it is easier to grow the community in China and India, but it would also be fantastic for us European and Italian users who are dated to become even more connected to you, like maybe an unpaid student ambassador program in Italy , only for the development.:)
    I attend the university of Naples in Italy of computer engineering and when my colleagues see my oneplus 8 pro they seem upset because they have never seen one (the same thing happens for every model I buy:sleeping:) but in any case I always make a beautiful advertisement.
    Having said that, I'm sorry that the community has been reporting a lot of these problems on the display lately.
    It 's true I have the oneplus 8 pro and when the brightness drops the screen starts to change colors continuously.
    It is certainly not beautiful, but I think it is a problem of the screen and who supplies it.
    Having a strong community like ours involves both pros and cons, the cons are precisely that the problems are immediately noticed while other companies that have the same problems (because the problem is universal) is that nobody notices because nobody can write it like oneplus forum users:tearsofjoy:.
    I would also like to point out to everyone that the problem if you go to qhd + solves itself practically, this makes us understand a lot 😉 Give time to time
    The bad thing is that the online newspapers on Oneplus march a lot but sooner or later surely everything will be resolved because your team is very strong.
    It has always been this way since oneplus one in the yellow band, the two the processor etc etc, they can only envy the work done for the community, this is the true.
    @dsmonteiro I count on you for a development in Europe and maybe in Italy, it would be fanstastic to share the experience of years and years with you live with people and don't be the only one who has been representing you for years at my university but in general in Italy.
    I can only say that I took part in the online oxygen oef and that I finally felt as I wanted, it was really fantastic.
    I wish you the best.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 7:26 PM

10. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 31, 2020 at 6:57 PM

MosheG1 , Jul 31, 2020 at 6:57 PM :
    I think the app needs to implement all the features the web version has like all the options for typing and inserting bbcode and color for letters.

Also it should give a list for forum users names when @ting someone like on the web version

Basically make the app equivalent to the web version!

Thanks @Trista W. For the great weekly update!

11. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2020 at 6:59 PM

12. sia_0
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020 at 7:33 PM

13. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 7:43 PM

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 7:49 PM

Dresa91 likes this.
  14. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 7:46 PM

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 31, 2020 at 8:00 PM

16. activetrojen
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 8:22 PM

17. rinkimekari
    Eclair Jul 31, 2020 at 8:59 PM

18. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 31, 2020 at 9:19 PM

script , Jul 31, 2020 at 9:19 PM :
    Thx lovely Trista for this weekly.

Don't get me wrong......if Amanda needs maybe some help with her plants, I am here.

IMG_20200730_172830_001.jpg

All the best for the weekend, here's another plant, just and only taken by me:)

IMG_20200728_143511-01_001.jpg

Hanwa, Script

19. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2020 at 10:18 PM

sabir.sayed , Jul 31, 2020 at 10:18 PM :
    :)

20. Helder_DAlmeida
    KitKat Jul 31, 2020 at 10:26 PM

Cakepips, Dresa91 and Batman360 like this.