Weekly Update 352: Goodbye to My Loved Ones

1. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 8, 2020

Trista W. , Sep 8, 2020 :
    WU352.png
    Hi everyone,

I feel like this week's update is self-explanatory. There is another adventure ahead of me. I'm seeking my master degree in Paris soon and now it's time for me to say my goodbyes to all of you.:( Thanks to everyone who has shown great passion for activities I prepared. Thanks to everyone who shared your opinions on topics and discussions I organized. Thanks to every smile I had the luck to meet offline.

I joined OnePlus back in 2018, just after my graduation in university. There was a recruitment fair being held on my campus, where I met @David Y. for the first time. After rounds of tests and interviews, I was lucky enough to make it. I then forged a deep friendship with 77 other new employees at Spark Camp, from where @Zach X. recently returned.

Being able to join OnePlus Community team is one of my best fortunes, I have been able to work day and night with @dsmonteiro, @Ruby G. and @Crystal Z. They taught and lead me through the launch of OnePlus 6T. I grew up to be a representative of the Community team, showing my presence in OnePlus Explorer Backpack and 6T Thunder Purple launch event. Entering 2019, The Lab-OnePlus 7 Series gave me the chance to meet such a brilliant group of community users who released reviews brimming with talent.

5G pioneering project exposed me to a greater world with all cutting-edged technology. I was then trusted enough to be the Community's POC (point of contact) for 7T series launch. Countless late nights were spent on offices to deliver a more smooth communication plan. And then, @Zach X. and @Amanda W. jumped onto this train. 2020 has been a turning point to many, including me. I shifted my focus to platform related work, granting me a new title – product designer. We organized and implemented medals, XP, a new user ladder, and a totally new gamification concept.

What left me the strongest impression during my OnePlus journey must be all the offline gatherings. I got to know and formed friendship with @camohan, @Funk Wizard @OALEXANDER @Shivang Joshi @YRJ in 6T's India launch. HQ Mods Meet is the culmination of my 2019. @An.I.Am @DRCH @drmartin @Fabio.Mar @gaster @Horsault @keithnyc @maccamania @Mark Falsing @Maximus Decimus Meridius @pablofg1978 @Plenkske @puma95 @rarog @script @Reivon Choccoli We spent one week with each other, exchanging ideas, sharing life stories. Laughter was always the background. 7 Series London Launch made it possible for me to know @obakesan and @cdnfarmer, @Overzee @otto2 . There is another long list of names who I talked a lot with while never being able to meet in reality. Don't hesitate to ping me whenever you visit Paris in the next 2 years.

WechatIMG754.jpeg

I also have some regrets due to the pandemic, I cannot personally say goodbye to my buddy – @dsmonteiro in person. We are unable to hold the annual gathering with mods as planned. I lost chances to participate in another offline launch event and popup. Put all aside, I know that we are all doing our best to fight to return to a normal world where we can all be together. Grief and resilience always live together.

222.png

For pending prizes delivery and jacket co-creation related work, feedback towards community platform, please turn to @Zach X. for help.

I promised myself to leave a mark wherever I go. I think I did it because of all of you.
    See ya.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 3:58 AM

2. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2020

Kimeiga, Mr. BG, Immi007 and 13 others like this.
  3. Girish.Pranav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2020

4. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 12, 2020

otto2 , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Hello @Trista W.

At first moment, reading your words i felt sad, really sad, but then i saw, you ll come to europe.
    So this are really great news, whenever this pandemic situation is getting stabilized we can arrange some meetup , way easier to meet in France then in China.

I m pretty sure youll earn your master degree very fast and who knows- maybe you ll join Oneplus again?

Good luck and I hope to see you as soon as possible.

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Sep 12, 2020

Dresa91 , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Hey @Trista W.,

good bye:( Hope to see you again!
    It was a pleasure to know you!
    All the best for you and your master degree!
    Thanks for everything!

Another great and lovely person is leaving the community...

6. asishgrwl
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2020

7. Shailender Sharma
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2020

Shailender Sharma , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Adieu @Trista W.

Cheering for Your Success

Going back to school is a big decision, and I am so excited for you as you make the transition from working full-time to pursuing higher education. Your dedication to pursuing your studies is admirable, and I wish you great success throughout your academic career and beyond.

8. Batman360
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2020

Batman360 , Sep 12, 2020 :
    @Trista W. Thankyou for being amongst us😊 We will surely miss you, and also, good luck with your masters degree in Paris (someday I wanna visit there too🙈) Hope you will return to the forum as a user and not leave it completely 😅

9. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 12, 2020

SoniaB , Sep 12, 2020 :
    All the best in Paris @Trista W.
    It's been a pleasure working with you on the forum. We will miss your presence.
    Stay in touch!

10. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2020

fragargon , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Hi @Trista W.

This is good news, a new journey seeking a master. I wish you the best an succes in your project.
    Being said this is not really a GoodBye, You can still post in the community as a user.
    It's open, public and I'm sure that friends would be glad to read news from you in the community.
    Paris is not far from home... 3hours by car, 1h30 with Thalys (train) and.. le francais est la langue utlisé.
    C'est l'occasion d'echanger quelque mots en francais n'est ce pas! :)
    Je te souhaite beaucoup de succes, Paris est une belle ville. tu y fera certainement de belle rencontres.

Cheers, ;)

11. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 12, 2020 :
    All the very best for you @Trista W. for your Masters Degree in Paris. You'll do fantastically. [e]263a[/e]️

Thanks for your help over the years and for making the jacket contest! Even though our interaction has been brief, it's been a joy talking to you. Hopefully they'll send you jacket... ( Noted about contacting @Zach X. from now on)

Feel free to pop into the forums or even turn up at the events, once it's safe to do so.

bien et bonne chance Trista!

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Sep 12, 2020

YRJ , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Hello @Trista W. ,

I wish I didn't have to read this.

After @dsmonteiro and @Ruby G. if there is anyone in this community who I think is easily approachable, it is you Trista.

Over the past 2 years, you've brought to us several exciting activities, but if there is something that I will always remember and truly cherish it has to be The Cube. Not only was it the foundation stone for the Writers' Club but it was also an excellent platform for people like me to write and share with the community.
    I remember meeting you at the Pop-up event, simply watching the store flood with fans! It was a great time.

Thank you for everything that you've done for the community, both before and the things that we will see in the future.
    Your presence will be greatly missed and I hope that we cross paths again in the future.

Until next time,
    bonne chance et au revoir :)

13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Sep 12, 2020

G_plusone , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Good Luck on Your Masters @Trista W.
    It was good seeing you here.
    You did definitely leave your mark in the Forums :)

All The Best for your Future

14. script
    Nougat Moderator Sep 12, 2020

script , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Lovely Trista,

I wish you a great time and experience in Paris. They say, many fall in love with - and in Paris. So, good luck.

Your impact on the community and our mod group will stay.

All the best, I hope to see you again,

Rüdi

IMG_20200910_154841-01.jpeg

15. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 12, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Sep 12, 2020 :
    I hope you'll come around on the forums every now and then, but I do wish you a bright future ahead.

Maybe we'll cross paths again now that you're coming to Europe! Remember you're always welcome for a holiday to the Netherlands ;)

Thank you so much for the enjoyable times in the past years, and having the chance to meet you in Shenzhen! @Trista W. :cool:

16. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 12, 2020

derLenno , Sep 12, 2020 :
    Ahhh man Trista offline, that's a weird thing!
    You were part of the very core of the OnePlus Community, sad to see you leave...

Enjoy your years abroad, enjoy Paris and make the best of that next chapter in your life. Have a good one!

17. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 13, 2020

cdnfarmer , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Best of luck in your Master's. I'm sure that you will leave a positive impact there too. It has been great reading and participating in all your content. I'll remember our meetings in London: the visit to the office, you welcomed me and @obakesan n and had a nice discussion along with David, lunch and where we got to just talk and have fun. I remember how resourceful you were to solve itwms that came up. Then the launch event was great. I cherish those moments. Maybe one day we can now go on a photowalk somewhere.

Take good care. Good luck in your future endeavours. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Amuse you bien à Paris.

18. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 13, 2020 :
    Hello @Trista W.
    I feel bad that lots of people are leaving OnePlus. You are one of the most prominent person we know in this community.
    Apart from your threads, it was a pleasure to see you during the AMA of HQ tour.
    I wish you all the very best for your master's degree in Paris.
    I don't know whether you'll be in this community or not, if you feel like you should be, just say a hi in wormhole.

Couldn't meet you in person, may be someday in future.
    All the best.
    SRD

19. VincenzoCappelluti
    Eclair Sep 13, 2020

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 8:43 AM

20. nguyenphong108
    Froyo Sep 13, 2020