Weekly Update 353: Farewell & New start

1. Leo X.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Sep 19, 2020

Leo X. , Sep 19, 2020 :
    weekly update 353.png
    G’Day everyone,

A warm greeting to all of you guys in this community family! I'm your new community trainee Leo Xie. I just onboarded with the HQ team this week, so this is my very first thread and what I hope to be a great start of my OnePlus community journey. As I’m a total freshman in the office, I will share this week's community team stories from that very same perspective – a freshman's view.

This week’s office ambient is quite special for everyone. As you already know, Trista is departing to continue her student career, and this week is the time that we officially say goodbye to her in the office. We held a farewell party for @Trista W., and @Amanda W. ordered some pizza. She also shared some white wine from her personal collection with us!
    ab861ffca934ff135ac9cdab507f3d8.jpg
    Thanks to Amanda and Trista, I can enjoy pizza and wine when I just joined the team, yum yum!

Update of our project progress:
    This week’s schedule is quite full for everyone in the team, as we are busy preparing for some upcoming event. (Secret hint: there will be an exceptional event coming very soon, and some special surprises for our community as well!)

cd05a8f6238a9840a2773193258d3f9.jpg

AMA with Hope Liu - the OnePlus Industrial Design continues hosting this week, we are collecting questions for Hope and he will be answering as many as he can. Please don't hesitate, ask him anything you curious about OnePlus' Industrial Design.

The Shot On OnePlus September continues, and I have been trying to help @Zach X. to manage this contest for a few days. I have never seen a brand community contest like this, it was so interesting, funny and all of the shutterbugs are enthusiastic about this event. Can someone please let me know how can you guys shot high-quality photographs that look like they were captured by an SLR camera? Anyway, please continue to support SOOP event and make sure to post more interesting photos, I’m enjoying the discussion already, and I will also join the contest soon! I hope you guys won’t laugh at my amateur technique lol. >.<

IDEAS EDM banner.png
    IDEAS 2.0 is coming up soon, Zach and the developer team are working on some final details, I have seen some exciting improvement than the last event, I will keep updating the progress for you next week. Can't wait to see your disruptive ideas about the Oxygen OS.

This week for me is an exciting week, I get to know the OnePlus community and becoming a member like you guys. I have made some new friends in the office, @Amanda W. , @Zach X. , @Crystal Z. and @dsmonteiro are excellent mentors, they are helping me to integrate into the community ASAP.

That's pretty much for this week's update. This week we say farewell to @Trista W. and wish her have a great new start in her student career. It is a new start for me as well, I'm very honoured to join this big family, OnePlus not only feels like an innovative brand but also a warm workplace that you can relax and do things that you are enthusiastic for. BTW, the wine from Amanda was really nice!
    4b759645c2fc42919b9b61f1913fe42.jpg

I will leave a small quiz for you this week, please guess the country I studied at, the winner gets a spoiler for our upcoming event!

Nice to meet you all, wish you have a great weekend!

2. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 19, 2020

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Sep 19, 2020

YRJ , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Welcome to the community, @Leo X.
    Looking forward to what y'all have been cooking ;)

Here's to awesome times ahead :cool:
    Well, I'll just go with the most popular one: USA :p

4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 19, 2020

camohan , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Welcome @Leo X.
    Looking at the desks to find out some hidden products....!

Let me guess Melbourne University?

5. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Welcome and congrats on your new role @Leo X. !

Ah so long @Trista W. ... Nothing like a good pizza and special wine for a send out!

Special event you say this upcoming week... 🤔
    Can't wait to see what your going to throw at us.
    (I mean... Trisha did hint at a community activities. Maybe this is one of them)

I'm sure alot of us already has some Ideas for Ideas 2.0!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend and as always: Keep Safe and Never Settle.

6. Pradeep Singh
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

7. Starcommander

Starcommander , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Welcome to the family @Leo X.
    I hope to see you more in this community.

8. Rajnish_Dhull

Leo X. likes this.
  9. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

Pinky02 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  10. asishgrwl
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

asishgrwl , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Hello and welcome to the club/family @Leo X.:)
    Also, thanks for the update.;)
    Ideas 2.0:hearteyes:
    Can't wait to see what else is cooking.:D
    The United States of America (USA).

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  11. judhajitmisra

Leo X. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.

13. Batman360

Batman360 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Ahh, finally. Your first thread 🔥🔥 Welcome to the forum @Leo X. . 😊 Soo many upcoming even hunh!! 🔥
    And to answer your question, NYC?

jlasensiofi, deep0611, Leo X. and 2 others like this.
  14. yashwant24

15. yashwant24

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  16. razzor228

Leo X., Batman360 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  17. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Sep 19, 2020

Leo X., deep0611 and Batman360 like this.
  19. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Hey, welcome to the community forums @Leo X. Hope to hear a lot from you in the coming days.:)

Waiting to hear exciting updates from you and the team about the special
    ☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕ event.
    The best things happen unexpectedly, waiting for the surprises!!

Ideas 1.0 was a total hit, lets see what our community has for Ideas 2.0, all the selected ideas are truly the need for all and quite unique. Seeing OnePlus listening to them was very nice.

Is it the famous United States??
    Eager to find out in your next post!!

lhxg likes this.
  20. DarshanMeniya

Leo X. likes this.