Weekly Update 356: The calm before the storm

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 10, 2020

dsmonteiro , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Weekly 356.png

Hey everyone,

By now, I’m pretty sure you’re already tired of seeing threads by me. I know. Since I joined the forums back in 2014, I don’t think I’ve ever created as many threads as in this last couple of weeks. But, with the rest of the Community team out for the Holidays, it was up to me to also write this week’s Weekly. Just bear this additional one and I promise I’ll tell you about some cool giveaways. ;) Now that I’ve hopefully bribed you into keep reading, let’s see what happened these last few days!

The calm before the storm
    With most people at HQ enjoying the national holidays, this was one atypical week, my notifications feeling considerably more quiet than usual. I knew @Charles C. – the person responsible for those cool witty posts you see on Social Media – was still spending his days at the office, so I reached out to him to know a bit more about his week was.

As for the Community team, most people decided to stay around Shenzhen to recharge their batteries before the big launch next week. @Denise Y. did share a cool photo from the private beach she visited, though. BTW, be sure to give her a warm welcome in this thread.

Denise.jpg

A kebab-flavored week
    Things were not that calm outside HQ, though. This week, if you blinked, you probably missed something related to the OnePlus 8T Launch Event.

Earlier this week, we announced the return of the Community Sample Shot program, where we provide a prototype of the unreleased phone to Community users so that they can get sample shots to be shared with you. We also gave a little glimpse of what the camera can do. Speaking of which, do you like the header image we used this week? ;)

Then, on Thursday, @Pete took things further and spilled the beans on the new finish that will be applied to the OnePlus 8T’s Aquamarine Green back, and you even got to see how the camera module looks like.

Remember when I told you I would tell you about cool giveaways? I wasn’t lying. We’re giving you the chance to be one of the first people to wear the Community Jacket by simply sharing photos of your OnePlus swag here. If you’re not feeling lucky, you can always try it out in the OnePlus World instead. I won’t play favorites, but this shot by @MosheG1 is just stunning!

[​IMG]

We also know you like to win accessories and phones. I mean, who doesn’t? That’s where the Countdown Madness thread comes into play. We’ll be giving away discount vouchers and accessories every day until October 14, and even a OnePlus 8T if we reach the 15,000 comments. So, make sure you join each day of the countdown to boost your chances!

A trip down memory lane (and more)
    Not everything is OnePlus 8T related this week. The Writers’ Club (you can meet and greet the new members here) decided to do a countdown of their own and revisit previous OnePlus devices, starting with the OnePlus One. The OnePlus 2 topic is out as well, and you can expect similar ones going live in the upcoming days. @script hosted the Hello Weekend! thread this Friday, inviting users to draw animals and share the results. Even if drawing isn’t your thing, you should check it out and give it a go.

OnePlus 8T may be the first device to ship with OxygenOS 11, but it won’t be the first OnePlus device to have it. Just today, the OnePlus 8 series started receiving the freshest flavor of Android, you can check the change log and all the news here. The new Zen Mode 2.0 is also being released to current devices running Android 10 and you can read all about it in this post by @Gary C..

If all the above still isn’t enough, I leave you with two additional threads from this week I believe you should check out! Have a great weekend!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020

2. Shailender Sharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2020

luxuskamel, z19727, cdnfarmer and 9 others like this.
  3. Pierre02
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2020

4. BeingIncog
    Nougat Oct 10, 2020

BeingIncog , Oct 10, 2020 :
    of course. you don't want bugs to torture you!

5. OnePlus.rksharma
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2020

OnePlus.rksharma , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 10, 2020 :
    What updates about Oneplus 6T software/security patch ?

I know Developers team engaged in OOS 11 for New born 8 series and fixing bugs of Nord.

6 series users wait for reply .

6. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 10, 2020

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Oct 10, 2020

Dresa91 , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Thanks @dsmonteiro for the weekly update:)

Let's see what the new week brings us, I am definitely excited :)
    Happy weekend everyone:)

8. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 10, 2020

MosheG1, Batman360, razzor228 and 2 others like this.
  9. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Soon™. ;)

10. Shailender Sharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2020

11. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 10, 2020

script , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Aye DsM, thx for this nice weekly. Packed!!

In case, someone might think he/she cannot draw good enough, have a look at my very first drawing.

DSC_0688(1).JPG

And, just one day later, this:

Screenshot_20201010-200324(1).jpg

Cheers, Scriptnocchio

12. dsmonteiro

13. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2020

14. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Oct 10, 2020

YRJ , Oct 10, 2020 :
    I was honestly going to troll you but given the work you've done last week, I'm going easy on you! :p
    Kidding aside, honestly @dsmonteiro, you continue to amaze me!

You managed to build the hype on the forums even while the rest of the team was on a holiday!
    You've earned the title of: The Lone Warrior! :cool: :D

Does this count as trolling? :p

15. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 10, 2020

camohan , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Yes you are right. You know it all.

I really liked the animation effect by @MosheG1. Wish he can say how to do such stuff.

Coming to the launch, I badly miss the physical launch events. The online launch events are pretty boring, you don't get to meet fellow users and friends.

cdnfarmer, MosheG1, TibiTibi and 6 others like this.
  16. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Oct 10, 2020

Batman360 , Oct 10, 2020 :
    What a wrap of this week🔥🔥 Though I wasn't able to be more active this week, but the coming week is special for all of us, so it's mandate to be on the forums and enjoy the launch with everyone of you. 🎉
    @MosheG1 mannn, suchhhh amazing stop motion video😍😍😍😍😍😍 That must have been really time consuming 🙈🙈🙈🙈
    @dsmonteiro give this guy a jacket already 🔥🔥🔥

cdnfarmer, MosheG1, TibiTibi and 9 others like this.
  17. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2020

manojsurya99 , Oct 10, 2020 :
    A big week is coming up and I wish all the success to the team..
    @dsmonteiro please post the plans to make the stage electrifying and make people back on track after a week's holiday??

18. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 10, 2020

19. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 10, 2020

20. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 11, 2020

Giansolo and dsmonteiro like this.