Weekly Update 360: As time goes by

1. Adam Krisko
    Community Operation Consultant Staff Member Nov 6, 2020

Adam Krisko , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Weekly 360.png

Hi Everyone,

It’s been a long time since I wrote one of these. Weekly Update 102 was the last one if searching is accurate (thanks @camohan). That was almost 5 years ago and, oh my, how things have changed in that time frame. We’ve come full circle one could say… ;)

Things I think might have been a bit more simple back then. But it was still a pivotal time for OnePlus, and I believe OnePlus itself has changed a lot since then, mostly for the better.

As we have grown, more challenges have popped up for us. Mostly about how we work together to make sure we are able to satisfy all our users to the best ability. This has given rise to the consolidation of our community teams but has also oddly allowed us to focus more regionally. And that is where folks like me come in. I'm here as a consultant, with a unique pulse on the community, of which I've been a part of for years. Our goal is to co-create with the community, as this is the most important thing for OnePlus. In fact, we are nothing without you all.

November brings cooler weather, I like to call it bonfire weather, and whenever I sit in front of a bonfire I start to think of times past. In fact, I’m glad I get to post the first weekly update of the month because November truly is a month for remembrances and being thankful. We soon have Veterans Day in the US (Remembrance Day in Canada and UK and some other places) on the 11th, and not that far away, Thanksgiving. We should all look to the past to know where we have been and to figure out the direction we should be going. Personally, I’m super thankful for the opportunity to help the spotlight be focused on our community in the coming months, especially in my (North America) region.

I will be working with as many NA community members as I can, to focus on things that are specific to us here in this area. Some OEFs, and maybe try to get some AMAs set up to introduce you to the newest NA team members. (If you have any other ideas, please let me know!)

Awesome things happening now:
    And last but not least, in India (and a bit all over the world, where there is an Indian community), Diwali is coming. The festival of light that symbolizes the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance. Do not forget to share with us photos of Rangoli, Mithai (sweets), and the lights...!!

Thanks for staying with me in my long-winded post. Love you all!

Best,
    Adam

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

2. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 6, 2020

yashwant24 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    It's a looooong time.... congratulations on your first weekly update after the return.
    YESSS!!!! it's diwali and we will do our best to celebrate in pollution free way.

3. Tokolozi
    Nougat Nov 6, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Belgium is part of North America right?

4. Shailender Sharma
    KitKat Nov 6, 2020

Adam Krisko likes this.
  5. Rohitsen123
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Adam Krisko likes this.

7. sritejkoduru
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2020

Adam Krisko likes this.
  8. E1601553384333
    Froyo Nov 6, 2020

E1601553384333 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    I'm all for something more rigional, we're all in it together, yet we are different and each region has it's own specific, taste, flavor ... issues
    So I'm looking forward to a in more European focused section or maybe a NA and EU combined section since they're more alike.

Adam Krisko likes this.
  9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 6, 2020

dsmonteiro , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Hey there,

There are regional sub-forums for most EU countries.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/categories/regions.33/

10. script
    Nougat Moderator Nov 6, 2020

script , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Aye. Good that you're back, Adam. Shall be fun.

Cheers, Rüdi

IMG_20201106_074804.jpg

Pic from today :)

manuel19, Mr. BG, TibiTibi and 6 others like this.
  11. WASIM OnePlus
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

12. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Happy weekly update @Adam Krisko !

Yesterday was Bonfire night here in the UK (Gunpowder plot... Remember Remember the 5th of November). With Covid halting the usual gathering of people, plenty of fireworks have been going off in everyone's backgardens... Sleep is non existent atm.

1604691406017.jpg
    (photo from yesterday. Somehow, I missed most of the usual suspects firework shows due to timing. Ah well).

This Sunday is also Remembrance Day too . I use this time to remember my family's role in previous wars but also those who we've lost, especially those who have died (two of my grandparents died near this date so it's a chance to reflect and remember them. Its been many years but I still miss them dearly...).

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
    For some of us, we've re-entered lockdown again... Hopefully together we'll get through this.

And as always: Never Settle

Starcommander likes this.
  14. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko , Nov 6, 2020 :
    I wish..
    An awesome pic!
    A great party for a great remembrance. Please continue to be safe!

15. Adam Krisko

16. Tokolozi
    Nougat Nov 6, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Come to the dark side...
    We have rum barrel aged beer!
    IMG_20201106_210654-01.jpeg

17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Nov 6, 2020

YRJ , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update, Adam! It has been a long time indeed :D

Winter is good and so is November. Lot of exciting stuff going on irl so I have something to look forward to. Also, this is going to be a different kind of Diwali given the situation caused by the virus. But it would be interesting to see how the people stay positive and smile in the face of adversities.

Fun times ahead. :)

18. azeem981129
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

19. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Don't worry, I am. ☺️
    Lockdown 2.0? Check.
    Not going anywhere and enjoying some relaxing? Check.
    Your holiday snatched up by being furloughed for a whole month? Priceless (unfortunately).