Weekly Update 363: Something New is happening

1. Leo X.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Nov 28, 2020

Leo X. , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Weekly Update 363.png

G'day everyone,

This is Leo again, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and late Thanksgiving wishes to all of you that celebrated it this week!

As you can tell from this week's title, lots of new changes happened this week. Firstly, some of you might already noticed, we are trying to push the high-quality contents or interesting ideas created by our users to the community main page banner. OnePlus community is all about its users, so we want to ensure that everyone can have the chance to show up on the first page, as long as your content is considered engaging by others (Or it can even be be a hilarious meme). Please don't hesitate to tag me if you want your thread or others' interesting threads to display on our main page banner!

Another change happened on Monday this week, the community team moved its position in the HQ office, we are now sitting next to the HQ creative team! If you guys wanna know more about how our official creative assets being created, maybe we can host an AMA for our creative team.

Here's a picture that @Crystal Z. tries to persuade Chris from the creative team to be our community jacket model. BTW, @Amanda W. brought us and the creative team chicken dinner two days in a row!

WechatIMG5.jpeg

There was another exciting event that happened out of the limelight - the User Ambassador discussion, where we invited product managers, engineers, product designers etc. from various departments to discuss how to better communicate with you and the entire community. We are thinking that maybe we can have new communication channels that allow you guys to directly talk with our colleagues from different departments to have your questions answered!

WechatIMG2.jpeg

Few events waiting for you to join this week:

To end this week's update, I wanna share a funny scene that happened during this week's Privacy Matters OEF, I believe there was an invader in @keithnyc room during the OEF meeting.

WechatIMG3.jpeg

Okie Dokie, that's pretty much everything for this week, I hope every one of you has a cozy weekend and stay safe! Next week there's big Community news coming up!

2. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Leo X.! It was really nice to meet you, @Crystal Z. and all the other team members on the OEF. It was very nice too, meet some other comunnity members and of course my friend @SRD. from WoHo .! The security and privacy it's one of the most important things those day's. I was very happy to have participated in this OEF, thanks @Crystal Z. Hope all OnePus team is going well and enjoy the weekend. Stay safe 👍

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020

3. script
    Moderator Moderator Nov 28, 2020

4. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018; Community Scholar 2020 Nov 28, 2020

the_o2 , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Privacy matters for that invader too ;):D

Excited for this.

Enjoy the weekend,
    Never Settle.

5. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Happy weekly update @Leo X. !

Something tells me there's going to be a bit of hilarity between the community and creative teams.

Good to see the winning community jacket finally making an appearance! Great modeling Chris. Can't wait to see the community get their hands on it!

Makes sense to have two chicken dinners if there's two winner winners (ref to the PUBG competition. Very suiting @Amanda W. )

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see what you've cooked up! ☺️

Hope everyone has a safe and great weekend.
    And as always: Never Settle.

6. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 28, 2020

7. Luigi Martire
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2020

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Nov 28, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for this amazing Weekly Update @Leo X.! The only thing that makes Fridays even better are these Weekly Updates!😁
    Oooohh, really excited! Is it related to the change in user levels or the points system which was rumored in the community?😉
    Gotta say, he definitely looks like a model😅
    Irony! "Cute and curious cat invades privacy of member(@keithnyc) in a Privacy OEF"😂
    That would really be interesting! Nice idea, looking forward for it!
    Yeah definitely! It will be awesome to know inside stuff from the Creative team!👍

9. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 28, 2020

10. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Ooooh good shout! Maybe? Likely more the levels as the points system was already amended to xp and rp (though could be more ways to spend those sweet sweet points?)

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Nov 28, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Yeah right! Instead of gambling in a raffle (Won a bottle from the raffle though😂)

12. thomas.livan
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2020

13. Dhruv Kashyap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 28, 2020

Dhruv Kashyap , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Leo X.
    😍:tearsofjoy:

Can't Wait for the next week now!!😍

Starcommander likes this.
  14. Shailender Sharma
    Lollipop Nov 28, 2020

Y1603743008207 likes this.
  15. Chirag_Gohil
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2020

16. Nipu_1998

17. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Nov 28, 2020

18. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Mr. BG , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update :)

Long needed overhaul. Hopefully.

19. asishgrwl

asishgrwl , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Hey @Leo X., thanks for the update. :)

Noticed this change and I quite like it too. :)

I'm sure everybody would love and have always loved an AMA be it with anyone.:D

He sure is one. No?:cool: Two days in a row??:flushed:

This would be great.:)

Was it vibing too?:p

Happy weekend everyone. Enjoy but most importantly stay safe.:)

;)

20. DarshanMeniya