Weekly Update 364: Winter is coming, but the OnePlus User Festival is already here

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 4, 2020

dsmonteiro , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Weekly 364.png

Hey everyone,

I’ll be honest – I can’t recall a recent week with so many things happening as this one. Between OEFs, the User Festival and some announcements, there’s a lot to go through, so let’s dive right in!

Hosting my first OEF
    I’ve joined many OEFs, the first one back in 2018 in Hamburg, but this week I hosted one for the very first time. I’ve watched @Crystal Z. doing it effortlessly, but I must admit I was a tad nervous. Thankfully, I was greeted by many familiar faces from the forums, making the process considerably easier for me.

LY1E1434.JPG

@Starcommander liked my Xmas tree in the background so much he even mentioned it in the satisfaction survey. Now, if you ever want to use it as a Zoom background, you can!

20201204_180954-ANIMATION.gif

OnePlus User Festival is here
    Back in 2018, we hosted the first OnePlus Community Awards, but this time we’re taking things further and turning it into a festival throughout the entire month. There will be a lot of cool activities and prizes. If you don’t want to miss a thing, bookmark the official announcement to know more about the latest events where you can get those precious raffle points that can net you prizes ranging from vouchers to devices and everything in between.

Gamers, assemble!
    This week was also packed with gaming content. @Manu J. shared how Game Space leveled up to OnePlus Games, bringing some cool new features. These might come in handy for the Fortnite Bhangra Boogie Cup that will be hosted next Sunday, where you’ll have a chance to win a OnePlus 8T. @Leo X. is also inviting you to share your best PUBG MOBILE moments in exchange for RP that you can use to redeem the User Festival prizes.

If gaming is not your cup of tea, you can always opt for a Zen moment with Zen Mode, now with white noise powered by Tide. Read more about it here.

Cold days are here
    Winter is coming in full force. For those of you that don’t know it, I live in Portugal, in the northernmost part of it. While I’m used to seeing some snow from time to time, it’s not a common sighting. Still, this morning brought one of the most beautiful snowfalls I can remember. These photos are from family and friends, but I promise I’ll share a few additional ones tomorrow if I’m able to.

Snow 1.jpeg IMG-20201204-WA0049.jpg VID-20201204-WA0031_exported_9119_1607105536553.jpg

Today was also a special day in HQ. It was @Leo X.’s birthday who, alongside @Loren Z., has been working tirelessly to make the User Festival a huge success. So, it’s only fitting if I reward the 10 best and most creative birthday wishes with 50 RP to be used in the User Festival. Make sure to share your message by Sunday, though!

mmexport1607105016244.jpg

Last, but not least, this week also had plenty of interesting content from our users:

That’s it for this week! Don’t forget to keep raking in that RP, to exchange it for some of the cool prizes we’ll have for you.

3. Aarav Sahni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2020

4. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Hey @dsmonteiro !
    I was waiting for this thread! Nice one!
    Thanks for your support!
    Happy Birthday @Leo X. !
    Hope this birthday gives you the speed and togetherness to overcome all obstacles in your life and may the love from the Community give you the courage and happiness to face all challenges you ever face!😊
    Looks really delicious, hope you enjoyed it @Leo X. 😋
    Thats 'cool' , winter is coming but slowly here in India😐
    Excited for the Raffles and the product launch!🤗
    Yeah I will definitely use it😉
    Congratulations! 😁

5. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 4, 2020

Starcommander , Dec 4, 2020 :
    See, I can also appreciate you sometimes :p
    "Your computer doesn't support background effects" F in the chats please 🥲

6. SRD.
    KitKat Dec 4, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @dsmonteiro .

I also love the X mas decoration in the background. I was thinking this is 2020, so the celebration may be like -

1607107854363.jpg

Happy Birthday @Leo X. 🎂🎊🎉💐

Would have Loved to see some celebration In HQ.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is there anyone in the HQ who does this everytime ???

7. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Arjun_Choudhry , Dec 4, 2020 :
    It ain't the holiday season, if it is not preceded by a couple of hectic weeks, right @dsmonteiro ?
    Anyways, the Christmas tree is looking sharp buddy.
    Happy Holidays :)

PS: Many Happy Returns of the Day @Leo X. Hope "M****” (David, you know this 😉) didn't push you much today.

8. Starcommander

Starcommander , Dec 4, 2020 :
    :p:D

9. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

10. anunayC
    Honeycomb Dec 4, 2020

anunayC , Dec 4, 2020 :
    I spot moi! (edit: I can't seem to quote that pic)
    AYY seems to be a very productive week!
    Congrats @dsmonteiro on your first OEF (as well as mine! lmao)
    @Leo X. FeelsBirthdayMan Happy Birthday 🥳
    Hope the OnePlus Fam treated you well loll![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

11. Shailender Sharma
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2020

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020

12. script
    Moderator Moderator Dec 4, 2020

13. Starcommander

14. Oreo.

15. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 4, 2020

16. yashwant24

17. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , Dec 4, 2020 :
    You were such a wonderful host @dsmonteiro. Loved interacting with you!

Thanks for the background, will definitely try it out.

Excitement levels are on the rise!

Ah, those PUBG Days, want to have them back!

Beautiful ✨✨

Happy Birthday @Leo X. May god fulfill all your wishes and keep you safe and healthy! You would have looked no less than a king in that birthday cap :cool:

18. RoyDecoy

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    @Leo X.

Warp cables are red, our Nords are blue..
    I suck at poems, but Happy Birthday to you..! ❤️

Haha, indeed @dsmonteiro ! I would rather say this last quarter was something else, so much stuff happening.
    In fact, failing to keep up right now! xD

Happy Winter Everyone! (Sorry Aussies)

19. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Dec 4, 2020

camohan , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Happy Birthday Leo...! Hope you had a fun time..!

I wanna have that cake if sometime in future I visit Shenzhen...!

@Starcommander do you mean
    Christmas tree > Dsmonteiro?

20. RayLightning4
    Eclair Dec 4, 2020