Weekly Update 369: A New Journey!

1. Olive W.
    Community Intern Staff Member Jan 8, 2021

Olive W. , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Weeklyupdate (1).png

Hi community friends,

I’m so grateful to have this opportunity to write the Weekly Update for the first week in the new year. It’s been two weeks since I started my internship at OnePlus as part of the Community team. I showed up in this month’s Shot on OnePlus, and mentioned that I am a super OnePlus fan, but I am still eager to share my story with OnePlus.

I first heard about OnePlus when choosing my first smartphone in college. I selected OnePlus 5 for its lower price with higher performance after comparing it with other flagship phones. It was so fascinating that I was thrilled for many weeks. The following year, 2018, I found out there was going to be an offline activity in my city hosted by the Chinese OnePlus Community, and I applied to be a volunteer. I got the OnePlus Bullets Wireless from this activity. So excited I was!

story with oneplus 1.jpg
    After that, it became my daily habit to browse the Chinese community before going to bed. At the end of 2018, I applied for the Chinese community team, to something similar to this Community's Moderator, and successfully joined them. In Feb 2019, I also joined OnePlus Campus. I have to deal with my study, Chinese community work and OnePlus Campus work simultaneously, but it was a thrilling time for me. So many souvenirs and memories!

[​IMG]

I have quite the swag collection but you know what’s more exciting? Participating in events like OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro launch event, 7T launch event in Beijing and OnePlus 6th anniversary celebration in Shenzhen.

[​IMG]

One more thrilling thing, we, nearly 100 people, were able to have dinner together with Pete after the launch event was over! That’s really really an awesome thing!

story with oneplus 3.jpg.png

Finally, I became an intern in Community which was always my dream. I can’t describe how emotional I am when I work in HQ.

Ok, so with all of that out of the way, let’s have a look at this week!

2020 has already gone! You can find the 2020 winner in Shot on OnePlus Hall of Fame. The first SOOP of 2021 is sharing your best shot in 2020, entry here to post your photos. Can’t wait to see your amazing works and stories behind them.

I believe you guys already know OnePlus 8T Concept. We're holding an AMA about 8T concept and the answers to your questions will be made into a video next week. You can also still listen to the Writers' Club's LOOP EP02 about the OnePlus 8T Concept and the upcoming Watch.

I also find some interesting threads from our community. Like @dnagpaldg's, he posts an opinion thread about Raspberry Pi 400. Actually, I never heard about Raspberry and it’s also my first time to know a keyboard can be used as a computer. Maybe you guys can share more new exciting news about tech our community.

Have you made resolutions in new year? @SRD. shared his new year’s resolutions in community. Let’s hope all his resolutions will become true at the end of the year.

Going a bit more specific, I want to invite you all to share your tech new year’s resolutions with me as this Weekly Update’s ending.

2. _.Abhishek._
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2021

3. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Jan 8, 2021

4. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jan 8, 2021

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021

5. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jan 8, 2021

Overzee , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Thanks @Olive W. for this Weekly update. It's really nice to read about your OnePlus story before your internship. Take care and enjoy your weekend!

6. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jan 8, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Happy weekly update @Olive W. !

Wow... It seems fate interlinked you with OnePlus. Your journey to become a intern has been adventurous!
    Hopefully one day we'll be part of an offline event, safely of course...

I don't particularly have a tech resolution... Just interested in what this year shows and beholds!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend as well as keeping safe and healthy... It's been one hell of a week that's for sure...

And as always: Never Settle. ☺️

7. script
    Moderator Moderator Jan 8, 2021

script , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Thx for the nice weekly. It will be tough to decide winners for the January soop competition. :)

Cheers, Script

8. G_plusone
    Nougat Jan 8, 2021

G_plusone , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Welcome to the Global community @Olive W. ;)
    It's really nice knowing your background as a Community user, moderator, Launch Volunteer, OnePlus Campus student to the Global community team.
    This update is a great start to your Global community journey. Here's to more interactions in the Community.
    Also Thanks for the weekly update ;)

Happy weekend everyone

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jan 8, 2021

10. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2021

11. Tilak G.
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2021

Tilak G. , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Hello @Olive W. ,
    It was so fascinating to read your experiences and journey through oneplus. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Thanks for the Weekly Update.
    Looking forward for the Launch event on 11th.

12. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 8, 2021

13. Anks Lee
    Eclair Jan 8, 2021

vijay.kumar354 likes this.
  14. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2021

15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 9, 2021

Starcommander , Jan 9, 2021 :
    I am linking this type of weekly updates💯😍

16. NYJ
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2021

Ranjit2206 and vijay.kumar354 like this.
  17. Moka69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2021

Anoop_Kris likes this.
  18. vikramkkumar
    Froyo Jan 9, 2021

19. Abhishek654
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Jan 9, 2021

Olive W., Amanda W., TibiTibi and 3 others like this.