Weekly Update 371: Let's embrace a brighter future!

1. Leo X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jan 23, 2021

Leo X. , Jan 23, 2021 :
    1520772-08a9e3436d19c3f9af989ab754dde651.jpg
    Photo by @blueskywhale

Hey guys,

This is Leo here, happy to host the Weekly Update so I have another chance to chat with you all. This week, was what you can call a 'Planning' week for the Community team. There isn't much to share now, but we've been working in the background to make the 21st year of the 21st Century an amazing experience for all of those that are part of this amazing community.

To accomplish that, @Zach X. posted a satisfaction survey to better understand how you felt about the Community's performance last year. If you haven't already, please fill it and let us know your thoughts about our forum. We would love to hear what do you guys expect us to improve in the future Community platform, please don't hesitate to let us know in the comment below.

The Anniversary campaign is still keeping us busy! Sorry if I didn't reply to those of you who tried to PM me about the prize delivery, we are still working on getting every one of you your deserved prizes.
    But we are glad to say that over 90% of the prizes have been sent and some of you have already received them. Please share the prizes with us below! For those who still waiting for the prize delivery, please be patient and we will try to help you in any way possible.

As you guys can see, we just crossed the 4 Million users barrier, thank you for all your support and being part of this amazing group of individuals! Having such a big and diverse crowd also means that we need to keep innovating and improving our platform. Therefore, this week in the HQ, we discussed what improvements can be done in 2021 to our forum website and app, to make the experience better for everyone.

You can also see that we've been experimenting with the video format for our recent AMA. Do you guys prefer video or text? Check here and here if you haven't watched our video AMAs!

Finally, in 2021, we hope we can not only bring more improvements to the forum, but also create more interesting and creative campaigns for you guys. (More prizes:p) Do you have anything on your mind?

Thanks for your support, 4 Million Users! We made it! Hooray!

2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Oh man, I had been waiting for a Weekly Update for so long!
    Thanks @Leo X.:D
    The search function of Community website....and the entire community app :p
    And some filters to prevent spam users
    Can you do both? It will be great!:oops:
    A OnePlus TV OEF hosted by @Venky61 and @Sarah P. will be great!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021

3. sumitMZ007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 23, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 23, 2021 :
    I got OnePlus bullet wireless z ,thanks OnePlus for the amazing events! Congratulations to everyone and the team behind the great Carnival games! Hope to see again on 10th anniversary!
    1611431008078.jpg
    and buds z in lucky draw! 2021 going great ! 1611431335478.jpg said:

4. Abhishek654

5. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2021

GuitarBart , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Already filled in the survey and congrats on the 4 million! Amazing to see how large the community has gotten over the years

6. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 23, 2021

luigimario , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Woot! 4 million user accounts is nuts but to be fair, a ton of them just signed up for the PUBG contest and will never be seen again. Maybe there could be an account pruning for accounts with less than 5 posts and more than 1 year inactivity?

7. blueskywhale

8. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jan 23, 2021

Overzee , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Thanks @Leo X. for this update! Have a great weekend!
    Whoohoo! Congratulations OnePlus and community!
    Experimental video was cool. For the future video AMA I'd use voice over (@Crystal Z. available?😎) for reading all the questions out loud. Also show the questions full screen during the voice over.
    Can't wait! Excited for this!

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jan 23, 2021

10. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Leo X.

Really looking forward to those
    Videos are more fun overall, though Video+Text suits best
    Waiting for the amazing campaigns in 2021
    I like that :):D
    4 million user accounts, Incredible Achievement unlocked! Congratulation!!

11. script
    Moderator Moderator Jan 23, 2021

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jan 23, 2021

SJBoss , Jan 23, 2021 :
    And give away bragging rights? :rolleyes:

13. Dlappas
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  14. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 23, 2021

meatandy , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update and all your efforts to keep the community buzzing.

15. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jan 23, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 23, 2021 :
    Happy weekly update @Leo X. !
    Firstly thanks to you and the team for sorting out all the anniversary prizes. Let's hope your PM clear up soon (90% is amazing btw). Glad to hear you're cook content in the background and can't wait to see what you got!

Talking of prizes, I can confirm I've received my community award gifts: The Official Community Jacket and New Urban Backpack!
    IMG_20210121_123502-01.jpeg
    I hope to get to use the backpack properly when the world decides to not have a meltdown. Until then I can't wait to use it (maybe I should review it in the meantime?).

IMG_20210121_160831.jpg
    The jacket on the other hand has finally met it's other secret sibling. To think these came from our imaginations and now have become real jackets. A rare sight and an absolute honour to be part of. Let's hope one day we'll get to meet in person, wearing these.

Currently awaiting the bottle but will cheers when arrived. ☺️

Annnnyway, I hope everyone is keeping well and is having a good weekend.
    And of course, as always: Never Settle

16. Macobra87
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2021

17. sanki_man

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  18. ayemei

ayemei , Jan 23, 2021 :
    I prefer video answers for the AMA.
    🤔🤔 well idk about what creative campaigns, but I hope there are pet prizes that can be won! (My dogs love squeaky plushs).

19. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2021

cdnfarmer , Jan 23, 2021 :
    G'day Leo,

yeah 4+ million strong. To answer a few of your questions:
    Text. It is flexible in various circumstances. There are many places out here that video takes more data and in several countries, access to mobile or wifi data are limited and expensive. Hence, text works best. plus it also trains more the brain and good for all ages from Gen Z tothe older wise folks to read.

• wallpaper contest.
    • A few ideas regarding devices and cameras... but have to think through it and too long for here. ;)
    • countdown madness threads
    • protective case co creation.