Weekly Update 382: Let's see what this intern have to say :)

1. Jason Z.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Apr 9, 2021

Jason Z. , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Week 382.png

Hello everyone,

It's yo boi Jason, a new intern who just joined the team two weeks ago, and I will be giving you guys the weekly update for this week. Some of you might already know me from the other threads I have been posting for the past two weeks.

It's been a wonderful experience so far being part of the OnePlus family and the Community. The last two weeks have been a "learning along the way" sort of experience for me, and, I must admit, it was hard to adapt for the first couple of days. Now everything is turning out well for me so I am glad it didn't take me too long to fit in with the new environment.

OH...and...Just letting y'all know, I have gained 2kg just from the past two weeks working here and I work out like four days a week. You do the math and figure out how many extra calories they are offering me. YOu HaVE nO IdEA HOw mUcH My TEAm LoVEs to EAt SNaCKS :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: My usual day be like--"Hey Jason, want some Ice Cream, lemonade, seaweed, brownies, cookies, chips, Cheetos, popcorn, pop tarts?" My profile pic will double its size after this summer:triumph::triumph::triumph:

Enough talk from my little OnePlus Work experience, let's get to this week's update.

OnePlus Watch
    We introduced the OnePlus Watch just a few weeks ago. Did you get a chance to dig into our OnePlus Watch? Check out the unboxing video from Unbox Therapy, and hear what they have to say about our first global wearable ;).

Earth day – Restore our planet

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Earth Day is around the corner, and we launched a contest for our Indian friends to help OnePlus and our Community to raise awareness about environmental protection. Check out the thread here. At OnePlus, we are dedicated to our vision "To be a healthier company that endures.” Together, we will make our Earth a better place for humanity.

Global User Talk

1574480-d86a1e305b74958c8e9470b8e8476393.png

In our Global User Talk thread, we are providing an opportunity for our Chinese users and global users to share their thoughts on OnePlus products, preference on co-branding, and opinions about our gear and accessory products. You may notice that the products provided on our online store are slightly different across different sales regions, and also the OS used in our products varies from country to country. If you are interested in these topics, go to the thread and apply now!!:tongueout::tonguewink:

OnePlus 9 Pro OTA
    We received feedback about the OnePlus 9 Pro overheating in some situations, and we have released the first OTA update to address this for our India users and will push it to users in Europe and North America regions next week. The upgrade is expected to fix the overheating issue when using cameras and optimize battery performance. We will continue to collect feedback from users and optimize phone performance in the next few weeks with a second update.

April SOOP

1573263-be03bc38e03c4b7cded18f3fb580d6db.png
    Pic by @woSch Text tart by @Bouncer71

The April "Shot on OnePlus Contest" is open and we are receiving amazing pics from our users with this month's theme "Yellow". If you are interested in sharing your photography expertise, join the contest now and you will have the chance to win the OnePlus Urban Traveler Backpack (Artic white) as a prize:hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

That's all for this week, wish everyone a happy weekend:smirk:

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Apr 9, 2021

SoniaB , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Nice first weekly @Jason Z.

I remember the last physical launch in London when @Crystal Z. came packing with a ton of snacks. Some weird and some truly delicious as well as a Chinese version of Pringles :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021

3. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Apr 9, 2021

ParamK. , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update @Jason Z., Its nice to see you around here.

Looking forward to buy the watch when it goes on sale next week.

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 9, 2021

B_Wrath , Apr 9, 2021 :
    What's with the staff and snacks.
    Trista too shared some weird but tasty snacks with us during the 7 series launch in India.

cdnfarmer, G_plusone, YRJ and 12 others like this.
  5. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2021

YRJ, Adesh.sanmukh, Caoimhín and 5 others like this.
  6. SoniaB

SoniaB , Apr 9, 2021 :
    It's very much cultural. Even my old friends in uni that were Chinese always had a varied number snacks on them

7. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2021

McJader , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update Jason! I like your style 😁
    Nice of you to address the overheating issue in the 9Pro, but it would also be better for OnePlus, forum users, and OnePlus users, if you guys addressed stoppage of update rollouts, other major bugs, etc in the official update threads or in Weekly Updates like these, more often.
    Also, looking forward to when my Watch ships😁.
    I think I'd get along well with the OnePlus team, I love snacks too. 😅
    Hope you enjoy your stay in the forums.
    Cheers,
    McJader.

8. script

script , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hey Jason,

Thx for this fine first weekly, and for mentioning the SoOP contest again here.

Have a good everything,

1579340-fc5058d31b5b3b171596ccb3b923abd4.jpeg

Script

9. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2021

McJader , Apr 9, 2021 :
    HANW, Rüdi ☺️

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 9, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Wrong Jason tagged:p

hey, welcome @Jason Z. :)
    Thanks for this (your first weekly) update:)
    Happy weekend everyone:)

G_plusone, jlasensiofi, YRJ and 11 others like this.
  11. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2021

12. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Apr 9, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Happy weekly update @Jason Z.
    Glad to hear your getting into the swing of OnePlus' flow!

Oh we know. Pretty sure it's the first thing on the T&C list when joining OnePlus. 😂
    (Though it's been a celebration week and holiday. Cha cha slide that)

Question is ... What's your top 3 snacks?

Hope everyone is okay and well. Have a good weekend everyone and as always: Never Settle (the actual tagline for OnePlus food hall/selection. Maybe just one more...)

jlasensiofi, YRJ, Caoimhín and 9 others like this.
  13. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 9, 2021

jlasensiofi, YRJ, Caoimhín and 4 others like this.
  14. script

script , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Jason_Voorhees_(Ken_Kirzinger).jpg

jlasensiofi, YRJ, Caoimhín and 8 others like this.
  15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 9, 2021

16. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 9, 2021

Overzee , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hey @Jason Z. thanks for this Weekly update, welcome to this great community! I wish you a great time at OnePlus, looking forward to your future threads! Have a great weekend.

cdnfarmer, jlasensiofi, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  17. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2021

GuitarBart , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Really looking forward to date when te reviews on the Watch can be published after the embargo ends :)

Thanks for the update

18. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 9, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update, @Jason Z. :)
    Happy weekend everyone :)

:p
    I-Distinctly-Heard-The-Word-Snacks-Funny-Hungry-Meme.jpg

OIP.jpeg

Don't worry 2Kgs is nothing :D

29-5c99fba44d292__700.jpg

19. SoniaB

SoniaB , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Fixed

sakchamkr, jlasensiofi, YRJ and 7 others like this.
  20. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Apr 9, 2021

sakchamkr, jlasensiofi, YRJ and 3 others like this.