Weekly Update 383: Getting a Whiff of Nature!

1. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 17, 2021

Adam Krisko , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Weekly 383- final.jpg

Hey Everyone!

I’m back with another Weekly update, and boy howdy have there been some cool things going on this last week.

Earth day is coming up soon, and we all try to do our part. You’ll soon see some really cool content from all regions on celebrating Earth Day.

Did you get a chance to see @Tokolozi ‘s post on lockdown purchases? He got some cool things that he talked about. Personally, I think a good coffee maker is essential, and our household is thinking about following his lead and looking for a rescue puppy to give a forever home to!

Also, @Starcommander got something cool. Check his Twitter here for the surprise that showed up at his door.

We’re never disappointed with your creativity. Case-in-point to the Lab reviews for the OnePlus 9 Series review.

OnePlus 9 Series Lab reviews:

You have to see @Concept Creator 's Special Unboxing. He spared no expense animating Neil on the moon. This was his first-ever time animating a person, and we think he’s knocked it out of the park!

Raffles:

Did you see @Jade D. 's awesome jacket raffle? There have been almost 2500 entries in there so far, get in quick! Those jackets are slick!

Shot on OnePlus:

The April contest continues into its third week, and the first two have just shown so many beautiful pictures of all things yellow! So many beautiful flowers and other gorgeous nature photos!

Take a look at @Jimmy Z. ‘s deep dive into the 9 Pro’s IMX789 Sensor that is helping so many take beautiful photos!

Speaking of nature, Be on the lookout for cool things from us celebrating Earth day!

Earth Day 2021:

The RCC is hosting a cool Quiz in this thread: Go Green! Earth Day is here.

Not to toot my own horn, but there is a pretty cool wallpaper contest going on over here. :cool: Check it out, you could win a 9 series phone just for taking cool pictures of nature!

Have a great weekend,
    Adam

On a personal note: there were some pretty bad storms down in Mississippi the last few days, and we found out that a river runs through our back yard after torrential days-long storms. ( we even had debris from other’s yards flow into ours the current was so strong… So I need to re-assess all our proposed fruit tree planting plans we had at our new house for Earth Day.

bvack yard.jpg

Still, we’ve come a long way, so far we’ve already planted 1 peach tree, 2 loquat trees, a pomegranate tree, and we’re planning on getting a few nut trees and some other small shrubs that attract pollinators. We already have a fruit-bearing kumquat tree. I’ve also just started the plants for our first garden too! We’ll have heaps of tomatoes, beans, and squash this year! Our family wants to produce as much food and snacks as we can locally. So we’re pretty happy with Eath Day coming up. We should be able to move and plant some more to celebrate on the 22nd!

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 17, 2021

3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 17, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for the Weekly Update @Adam Krisko
    Yeah I saw that...top tier animation and transition to unboxing. Great work @Concept Creator!
    Oh damn, that seems bad....:eek:
    Pics or the trees didn't happen ;)

4. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 17, 2021

5. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2021

6. Pravin2999
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2021

7. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 17, 2021

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021

8. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 17, 2021

9. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Apr 17, 2021

hennes , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update!

But, wowww, this looks more like you should use fish for self-sufficiency instead of fruits and vegetables.

Stay safe and healthy.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 17, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  12. michaelliao07
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2021

13. RESWIN AMOS
    Froyo Apr 17, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  14. Dlappas
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2021

15. McJader
    Marshmallow Apr 17, 2021

McJader , Apr 17, 2021 :
    This is an awesome WU Adam! The idea to feature Starcommander's tweet and the unboxing video 👍👍
    Thanks for the reminder about the impending earth day, I'd forgotten about it.;)
    Have a nice weekend

16. script
    Moderator Moderator Apr 17, 2021

script , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Hey Adam, thx for this fine weekly.

Hopefully the nut trees will also attract a few

Squirrels.

Cheers, Script , and hanwa

17. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 17, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Your won't regret it!

18. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 17, 2021

19. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Apr 17, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Happy weekly update @Adam Krisko !

Hoping the whiff of nature is the fresh air. There's sometimes a whiff of the farm near by or, not nature... fish and chips.

If you do get a rescue, be sure to share as photo! 🥺

Will need to catch up on the lab reviews. Sounding like some awesome stuff has been produced! (And other forum posts. Way behind as I started fully back at work this week!)

Oh no!

Oh nice! The harvest for all the trees and garden produce must be fab. ☺️ We used to have a plum and pear tree, mainly to soak up the water flowing from next door (on a slight slant). The pear never really took off but the plums.... It produced alot.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keeps safe.
    And as always: Never Settle ( on doing your part to make sure our planet is good and green for yourself and future generations 🌱).