Weekly Update 386 – OEFs are back and a new SOOP month is starting!

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 7, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 7, 2021 :
    Week 386.png

Hey everyone,

Wow, how I missed hosting the Weekly Update thread! I must say I drew the short straw, though. With HQ enjoying the Labor Day Holidays for most of the week, these last 7 days were pretty uneventful. I know you guys love to get some stories behind the scenes, so I sent a message to the rest of the team a couple of days back, inviting them to share their photos and stories from the holidays to share them with you guys. This is the best I received:

upload_2021-5-7_16-25-11.png
    (@Leo X. made fun of my hair – or lack thereof – in the last Weekly Update so it's payback time!)​

@Amanda W. had the second-best share of the team, seems like she treated herself to some nice coffee (and dessert?) during the holidays.

unnamed.jpg
    (This photo was transferred from my phone to my PC with OneLab's Clipt. Curious? Keep on reading!)​

With the BTS content out of the way, let's go through what happened this week!

May is here!
    A new month is starting, so you already know what that means – we have a new Shot On OnePlus contest, this time hosted by @hennes. The topic – Circles – gives you plenty of room for creativity. The header for this thread, by @Aakash Vishwakarma, is one of the many great entries for the first week, be sure to check them and share your own as well!

Speaking of Photography, we premiered our first-ever Community Workshop. We invited @Nabil Rosman to talk a bit about Natural Color Portraits. You can check his experience, tips, and sample shots here. There's even extra XP and a cool medal for grabs. 😉

May is also Mental Health Awareness Month in the US. With so many of us being put to the test with an extraordinary, (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime situation, talking about Mental Health is more important than ever. Thinking about this, @Adam Krisko created a thread inviting all of you to share your stories and your inner struggles. If you haven't already, feel free to give the thread a go, share your story, and break the stigma.

Guess who's back?
    Our online OEFs are! @Crystal Z. is inviting 15 users to join our Theme Store Open Ears Forum. You can join and find all the information here. This is a great chance to have a look at an unreleased feature and have an active voice on how it will look in the end.

Raffles also returned this week, with @Jade D. giving you a chance to win a OnePlus 9 case or a OnePlus Water Bottle. You have less than 12 hours to enter, so don't miss out!

The Week-In-Review gang returned as well, with Issue 5 of their series. It's always good to see their approach to the Community week, and I can't wait to see what they have to say about this one.

New debuts
    The OnePlus Watch received the B.48 updated bringing new features and bug fixes, including AOD. Check the changelog here. More updates are expected in the upcoming weeks, with new features and improvements.

But the big newcomer this week was OneLab's Clipt app. OneLab has been mentioned a few times here on the Forums, but their work was mostly unknown. Until now. @Sam T. unveiled Clipt, a seamless clipboard between devices. If this description has piqued your interest, check the announcement now!

As a final note, but no less important, it's heartwarming to see that nearly 400 Community members have joined our GiveIndia campaign to support our Indian friends, raising almost USD 10,000 that will be matched by OnePlus. I sincerely hope all efforts from people around the globe will help rapidly improve the health condition in India.

Have a safe weekend!

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 7, 2021

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 7, 2021

4. McJader
    Marshmallow May 7, 2021

McJader , May 7, 2021 :
    Thanks for the WU ;)
    I know someone who would like to see @Leo X. s pyjamas:p
    (I'm looking at you @luigumario )

5. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean May 7, 2021

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 7, 2021 :
    Thanks for the Weekly Update @dsmonteiro :)

That blush emoji in the end of the sentence increases the creepiness level to 100 :eek:
    I like a milky coffee....with brown sugar and cocoa powder...am I fat - yes :p
    [​IMG]
    Yup, checked that out, did a test, found some bugs, gave some suggestions - https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ew-app-by-onelab.1434119/page-4#post-23177946
    Thanks for the campaign 🙏🏻

8. McJader
    Marshmallow May 7, 2021

McJader , May 7, 2021 :
    It's really good:D;)

9. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 7, 2021

AbhilashSaikia , May 7, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update...
    You too! :D

It's definitely cool :cool:

Wishing everyone a happy and safe weekend!

10. SRD.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , May 7, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @dsmonteiro .
    @Leo X. Don't mess with a bald man never with David. There is only one guy who can take him down @Cheetoadust. ( I am eagerly waiting for the DSM roast part-2)

Thank you all for your support fighting Covid in India.

I am doing my part ( I am associated with 3 NGOs who are actively involved ).
    Thanks again.

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 7, 2021 :
    If I was the judge (which I'm not), I would've selected your entry as the winning entry 😉

12. SRD.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , May 7, 2021 :
    It's a top class shot 👍.

13. Aakash Vishwakarma , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , May 7, 2021 :
    I wish oneplus selection team considers your word🥺🥺
    Thankyou so much my man!🌼🌼
    May the best entry wins❤️❤️

15. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer May 7, 2021

Overzee , May 7, 2021 :
    Thanks @dsmonteiro for this Weekly! Revenge is a dish best served cold, great one:cool:. Have a great weekend all!

16. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  17. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop May 7, 2021

18. sunilr1491
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2021

19. Dark_Flash
    Froyo May 7, 2021

P1619177961738 and PrashantKarma like this.
  20. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 7, 2021