Weekly Update 388 – 8 pikachus, 9 OnePlus 9 Pros, 3kg of lychee and 1 very unlikely event

1. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member May 21, 2021

Daniel D. , May 21, 2021 :
    MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Welcome to edition 388 of Weekly Update. Being the first one I write, I want to catch your attention, so keep reading because I will share a short and magical story relating to probability at the very end of this post.

Moving on, this week was packed with activity!

Thanks to @Amanda W., we had the chance to indulge in 3 kilograms of lychee. It was a workout for me as I was distributing it to colleagues around the office while getting to know them. Thankfully, the energy was replenished after consuming these juicy tropical goodies (I lost count after the 9th lychee)

WeChat Image_20210521183451.jpg WeChat Image_20210521183412.jpg WeChat Image_20210521192539.jpg

On my way to a meeting, I spotted an amazing scene, it looks like 9 OnePlus 9s being stacked on top of each other – a circus act indeed. It turns out that colleagues from the Creative team are preparing some content for the OnePlus – Count on 9 Giveaway.

WeChat Image_20210521194907.png

Google I/O 2021 was filled with exciting announcements, as usual, including Android 12, a refreshed UI, and more. My weekend will consist of catching up on Google I/O as it was a packed work week. The download links are currently down as the software team is working on fixing an unforeseen issue during the device setup, but you can find out about the Android 12 Developer Preview Program here.

This week, I was also impressed by the Theme Store Open Ears Forum session. It was enjoyable to see OEF participants interacting with our Product Managers and @Crystal Z. and @dsmonteiro doing their thing. It was a productive session with insightful and constructive feedback from users which we will consider in our Theme Store development.

9fbe2afd-b9fd-40b5-90c5-80677a40e4b5.jpg d301bb14-1f2f-4b57-bd35-421f23fcf7c8.jpg

Seeing that last week was a photography week, as highlighted by Crystal Z. in last week's weekly update, I am looking forward to up my photography game via Gareth's workshop which is up and coming. As mentioned in my introduction here, I am a huge fan of street photography which I hope to share in the Photography section.

Fun Contest (Shameless Advertising) went live yesterday, come and stand a chance to win heavy-weight prizes. Check out this fun video, *one or more Pikachus will be found in the video

Finally, I will end it off with a raffle update. @Jade D. announced the new raffle that will go live tomorrow, where you can win the OnePlus Wireless Warp Charger, so don't miss it!

Now, as promised, here's my magical and very improbably short story:

On April 17th, 2021, I accepted a job offer from OnePlus. I then planned a 4-day trip to Dali, Yunnan. On my very last evening in Dali, which also happened to be my birthday (April 22nd), I stepped into a relatively quiet bar and saw two guys seated deep inside the bar. I overheard the guy in the green shirt talking about bars and restaurants in Shenzhen.

Having lived in Shenzhen for two years, I had "some" spots that were worthy to share, so I joined in the conversation. The guy in the green shirt (@Ryan Fenwick ) then mentioned that he lived near "Tai Ran Building" AKA OnePlus office. I peeked over at his phone, and it was undoubtedly OnePlus. That was my "Aha!" moment, Ryan was also in disbelief, but it was great that I shared an experience with him prior to joining the company.

upload_2021-5-21_19-14-20.jpeg

P.s: Guy in the middle (H) shares the same birthday as me. I should buy a lotto ticket ;)

That's it for now. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

2. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2021

3. Javvadibabajee
    Gingerbread May 21, 2021

4. McJader
    Marshmallow May 21, 2021

McJader , May 21, 2021 :
    This is great weekly, ngl!
    You seem like an awesome addition to the Community team, Daniel!

5. sanki_man
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2021

6. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S May 21, 2021

jaicharanJC and Dresa91 like this.
  7. The Dinosaur
    Gingerbread May 21, 2021

Dresa91, SRD. and McJader like this.
  8. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 21, 2021

9. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 21, 2021

10. SRD.
    Lollipop May 21, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , May 21, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update @Daniel D. I am still trying to find something that's exactly 197 gm or a multiple thereof.

Lychee is one of my fav fruit. @Amanda W. is feeding great foods in the HQ from day one she joined.

@Crystal Z. & team is having some big screens to watch who is doing what.
    Enjoy your weekend Daniel. Have some great time in the community.

11. Iamhasannaqvi
    Honeycomb May 21, 2021

Nipu_1998 likes this.
  12. SRD.
    Lollipop May 21, 2021

13. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 21, 2021

Nipu_1998 , May 21, 2021 :
    Thank you @Daniel D. for the weekly update.
    It seems like you had a wonderful week at the HQ.
    Also do visit the mystical world -wormhole in the community. Hoping to see you in the WormHole.

14. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 21, 2021

15. G_plusone
    Nougat May 21, 2021

G_plusone , May 21, 2021 :
    I must admit that the Title was very interesting more interesting is your Encounter at the Bar @Daniel D.
    Have a Nice weekend everyone.
    Look forward to seeing the Theme store OEF recap ;)

16. onshreyas
    Honeycomb May 21, 2021

17. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 May 21, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 21, 2021 :
    Happy Weekly, and your first, Update @Daniel D. !
    Great story and what chances of bumping into your colleagues!

Dang that's good harvest ( 3 kilos?!)
    I don't think I've had Lychee before so I'll take everyone's word for it.

If 9 OnePlus' 9s were stacked on top of eachother, how many lemons would it take to knock it over. 🤔

Tbh I only saw the beginning few hours as they went through all the stuff...

Congrats to those who got invited. I bet there was plenty of ideas for themes!

[Quotes] one or more Pikachus will be found in the video
    [/Quote]

How many Pikachus does it take to change a 9s OnePlus phone....

(Pika? Pi pika. Pikaaaa CHHHUUUUUUU)

Back at it again with another one (another one).

Lemonade is still available to raffle if you haven't thrown ye coins into the pool of wonders (untill Sunday).

The community has noted this. ✍️

Hope everyone has had a good week and keeping well.
    And as always Never Settle (unless you are Ash. Pikachu 4 life ⚡)

18. darrelllmr
    Gingerbread May 21, 2021

19. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 21, 2021

Shailender Sharma , May 21, 2021 :
    Love the fun video. :p
    Thanks for the update.

Happy weekend y'all :)

20. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer May 21, 2021