Weekly Update 390 – The first week of internship

1. Tracy H.
    Administrator Staff Member Jun 4, 2021

Tracy H. , Jun 4, 2021 :
    111.jpg

Hey guys!

This is Tracy here, a new intern who have just joined in the team this week! It’s nice to meet you guys and be part of the OnePlus Community family😊!

7.jpg
    The weather was not good this week

I have to say in the first few days at the office, I was sooo nervous! This is actually my first internship in an Internet company and the first time I work with so many different people. I was too shy at first but thankfully everyone on the team was really friendly (ಥ _ ಥ). @Jason Z. and @Jade D. , both assisted me with lots of my questions, and the team also had dinner together!! Throughout the week, I have been adapting to the environment gradually, and I will continue to try my best to be 100% part of the team next week!

6.jpg
    The dinner!

There was also Children’s day earlier in the week! I wonder, did you guys have some special activities on that day? I did nothing but work and study 😔, but @Patrick N. got into the spirit with a cute duck hat like this:

5.jpg
    Soooo cute!

Okay, that’s all about my first-working-week experience, let’s focus on our community now!

Urban Traveler Backpack & Never Settle Notebook Set Raffles
    White urban traveler backpacks are waiting for you! They are large, well-designed, and light, and I guess that's the meaning of "urban” and “traveler". Never Settle notebooks are our second raffle for double the chances of winning something! One is small and red, the other one is big and black. I'm sure lots of you would love these notebooks!

4.jpg
    3.jpg

Welcome to Power of Community!

We announced a co-creation project excitedly last week. In this project, we will empower OnePlus community users in the role of “Product Manager” and they can experience all the key decision-making steps with us, including the product concept and design, and even the ways that products go to market. It’s the next level of participation for the Community!

There will be an Online Global OEF on June 11, an Offline China region OEF on June 19, followed by a Public announcement of 2021's Co-creation Plan to decide and vote by you in July. The journey of community product design will commence in mid-August. Let’s look forward to it!

2.jpg

Win a OnePlus Nord CE 5G!
    Some of you might have heard our new phone – the OnePlus Nord CE 5G – will launch next Thursday, June 10. And now there’s a pretty awesome chance for you to win it before it launches – the OnePlus Summer Launch Lottery!

From June 2 to June 9, there will be two winners who get a OnePlus Nord CE every day. Everyone is able to enter the OnePlus Summer Launch Lottery once per day. Overall, there are 16 chances for you to win a Nord CE 5G!

1.jpg

Speaking of the Nord launch, @Crystal Z. came up with a cool contest for you to win exclusive Nord swag while having fun Giphying! Check the contest here, and participate for a chance to win a Nord T-shirt or Fanny Pack.

A Community Workshop-powered SOOP contest
    I've heard you guys love photography, so you should be thrilled with this month's Shot on OnePlus contest – Landscapes. @Gareth Pon is bringing the SOOP contest to the next level with an exclusive Community Workshop that gives you some great tips to make your landscape shots become even better! Check the contest and share your photos! You can also find Gareth's cool video tutorial here:

That’s all for this week! Have a good weekends guys!

2. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jun 4, 2021

Overzee , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Hey @Tracy H., welcome to our community. I hope you'll feel very welcome. Thanks for taking care of this Weekly update, have a great weekend!
    That looks tasty!:eek:

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Hey @Tracy H. :)
    Welcome to the community:)
    Congrats to your first weekly update:)
    Thanks for this update:)
    Enjoy your weekend:)

Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe:)

Caomhin, Tracy H., superplus and 8 others like this.
  4. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Jun 4, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Welcome to the community as well @Tracy H. Thanks for the weekly update , looks like hq is a lot of fun. The food looks delicious too 🙃

5. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2021

McJader , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Hi Tracy,
    Welcome to the community. I can personally attest to the fact that @Jason Z. And @Jade D. are very friendly people:p
    Thanks for the weekly, have a nice weekend everyone!

6. script
    Moderator Moderator Jun 4, 2021

script , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Hello Tracy,

Thx for your first fine weekly. Looks like you're having a good start. Enjoy.

2021-06-01_08-06-38-01.jpeg

Script

Tracy H., Caomhin, SRD. and 7 others like this.
  7. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2021

8. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jun 4, 2021

9. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2021

Dhruv Kashyap , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Hi @Tracy H.
    Welcome to our awesome community! :D And Congratulations on your first weekly update :)

That is too cute and funny @Patrick N.

10. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2021

11. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Jun 4, 2021

12. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jun 4, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Happy weekly update and welcome to the community @Tracy H. !

(Look at all the interns and new staff. OnePlus team, you've been busy!)

Normal British weather there! Though is been hot and lovely here so clearly we stole your sunshine. 😉

Congrats! May this new opportunity and experience grant you awesome knowledge.

Man that dish looks tasty! 🤤

Now that's a good duck hat. Quack! 🦆

Ah it's been a while since the backpack and notebooks have turned up in the raffle. Best of luck to those entering!

Btw congrats to @jgomez018 , @Rayyaan.___ , @Siddharth Sam on winning the wireless charger!

Best of luck to those attending. May your ideas be plenty and your creativity be like a product manager.

Oh shoot better prepare the hype train. Choo Choo!

Lastly: today marks my 1st year anniversary here on the OnePlus forums. Just want to give a huge shout-out to you the community for being wonderful over the past year. Thank you being welcoming and hilarious. ☺️
    (I know I'm not as interactive atm but I do check in every day one way or another. 😉)

Hope you are keeping healthy and safe as well as having a good weekend.

And as always: Never Settle.
    (If you wanna be a duck, quack on)

14. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2021

McJader , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Nope.

northbay5566 and Bobbie63 like this.
  15. Rayyaan.___ , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Jun 4, 2021 :
    Ayy what ? 🥺🤍
    I won the wireless charger ?

Overzee likes this.

McJader likes this.