Weekly Update 403: A new Chapter

1. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 4, 2021

Adam Krisko , Sep 4, 2021 :
    weekly 403 (1).jpg

Hey everyone!

As time passes and we learn new things, one can’t help but look back on the path they’ve taken. This was never more so the case than the last few weeks. As one chapter closes, another begins so to speak. Last week a good friend of mine @Ryan Fenwick, gave a look back at what the last 7 years have been like for OnePlus in the Tairan building, and the hope we have for the future as HQ moved into Chunsun.

I remember those days I spent in Shenzhen back when I first came to work in HQ fondly, oftentimes it’s where we spent much of our time off of work too. So many late nights gaming on the overhead projector in the brainstorm room, sitting in the canteen together for dinner, or drinking and watching movies at our desks. The global and community teams always have been such tight-knit groups, we worked hard and we played hard. It’s amazing what we were able to create with so very few resources. Now, I can’t wait to see what we can do with some real power behind us!

[​IMG]

@Daniel D. recently put up a post about the spaces that will become the new hub of community creation, the Brainstorm Room v2. Check out his post and let him know what you think!

[​IMG]

@Elyn Lu just helped us all learn a bit more about portraits shots by sharing her talks with our friend Gareth Pon during the latest Shot on Oneplus Community Workshop. They share with us point-to-point directions on how to take your best Single focus object photos to the next level! Take a read and get ready to enter your best shot in this months Shot on OnePlus contest.

[​IMG]

Fan gatherings are back in North America! Last weekend we had our very first gathering in a long time in Austin TX. As @Antonio_Luis can tell you, it went off without a hitch! The community members that came were shown around Austin for a photo walk hosted by our staff members, spent some time talking shop, and then to top it all off, taken out to dinner at a local BBQ spot!

We can’t wait to see how the next gathering goes as we tour the California coast near Santa Cruz from the 27-29th of September. Follow my post here to make sure you enter to win a spot to come! (We’ll be announcing an East Coast meetup very soon!)

Other cool things going on in the forums?

Have a great rest of the weekend all, I hope you all get to spend it doing something you love!

2. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Sep 4, 2021

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

YRJ , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update, @Adam Krisko many were wondering why this WU was taking so long. :D

I'm curious about the font used in the header, are you hinting towards something or am I reading too much into it?

4. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 4, 2021

McJader , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Noticed the font as well, but I doubt it.

5. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2021

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Sep 4, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Looks like Tairan was much more than just an office...must be sad for the team in HQ, experiencing the loss of all open space and gardens and shifting to a glass covered bullet shaped building instead...

Have a great week everyone!

Adam Krisko, atenaa, Caomhin and 7 others like this.
  7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 4, 2021

8. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 4, 2021 :
    You are reading too much into it. It's a mistake by me.

jlasensiofi, atenaa, otto2 and 11 others like this.
  9. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

YRJ , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Ah! No worries, I was expecting it to be a hint as the title for this WU is “A new Chapter” :p

jlasensiofi, atenaa, Caomhin and 9 others like this.
  10. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Sep 4, 2021

atenaa, Caomhin, Ceasedd and 7 others like this.
  11. Antonio_Luis
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Sep 4, 2021

12. Antonio_Luis
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Sep 4, 2021

13. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 4, 2021

14. script
    Moderator Moderator Sep 4, 2021

script , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Aye Adam,

greetings from Cologne,

Rüdi

15. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 4, 2021

16. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

Mr. BG , Sep 4, 2021 :
    You too Adam, if you weren't so far away I would have come over, help you clean up after the storm.

What are you doing? o_O

You could have trolled him silly, send him on a wild goose chase :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021

17. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Thank you for the weekly update @Adam Krisko :)

just leave this here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/lets-help-vansh-and-his-family-after-this-tragedy.1493566/

Happy weekend everyone:)

18. G_plusone
    Nougat Sep 4, 2021

19. Adam Krisko

20. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 4, 2021 :
    Yes, absolutely:)

21. 0ANIKET13
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2021

Antonio_Luis and Adam Krisko like this.