Weekly Update 405: Ready for the holidays!

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 17, 2021

Zach X. , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Untitled-1.png
    By mchaw

Hi guys!

I hope you are doing well. It's been quite a long time since I wrote my last weekly update. After typing the title of this weekly update, I started looking up when was the last time I wrote one. Then I surprisingly realized that every time it's my turn to write the weekly update, it's always holiday time!

upload_2021-9-16_18-54-38.png
    upload_2021-9-16_18-55-10.png

Yay, holiday! September 21st is the Mid Autumn Festival, and OnePlus HQ will be off from Sunday to next Tuesday. And after we're back, the National Holidays are around the corner, from Oct 1st to Oct 7th.

October is the start of the last quarter in 2021, and it is also the time when we will debut a completely new product for community users. What's the first thing that comes up to your mind? Stay tuned!
    @Amanda W. has already left to enjoy her holiday. Before she left, she cautiously reminded us to take good care of her little garden in the office.

upload_2021-9-16_19-49-34.png

Last week @Crystal Z. missed the old office so much that she secretly went back and took this back to the new office. This board was from a moderator gathering event before I joined OnePlus. I hope we can hold another offline meeting and talk with you guys face to face!
    upload_2021-9-16_19-51-23.png

Let's have a look at this week's community highlights!

Introducing the camera OTA update and new XPan mode
    [​IMG]
    With this upcoming OTA update, in addition to multiple regular system optimizations, we also greatly improved the camera performance for its Hasselblad Camera for Mobile – including the brand new XPan Mode and multiple image quality optimizations.

The Writers’ Club is expanding and it needs your talent. Join now!
    [​IMG]
    Content drives engagement, but look around and you’ll see that good content drives a sustained relationship between a publication and its readership. Looking at the forums, the Writers’ Club is a group of members who love tech and culture, and love to write about it all. Now the project is expanding and it needs your help. Interested? Don't miss your chance!

OnePlus Battle of Ringtones
    We know that ringtone creation is uncharted territory for many of you, but we want to ensure that anyone – amateur or pro – can have a shot at winning this contest! Your efforts may win you the OnePlus Buds Pro, our newest noise-canceling earbuds. What’s more, all valid entries will get a prize, so there’s no valid reason for you not to try your luck!

Crossword Puzzle: find the hints to win the OnePlus 9
    Do you know enough about OnePlus? I bet you do. We've cooked a new crossword puzzle, which contains 15 questions about OnePlus. Find the words, use them and find out the hints. We'll be giving away a OnePlus 9 and 5 pairs of OnePlus Buds Pro to 6 lucky users that find out all the words and create posts with them. Can you also find the hidden clue?

That's all for the weekly update. Have a nice weekend!

2. anunayC
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Sep 17, 2021

atenaa, jlasensiofi, otto2 and 8 others like this.
  3. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Sep 17, 2021

Cheetosdust , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Thank you for the update, @Zach X. and welcome back. :cool:

A new product in October? Hmmmm, I don't know. Here's a wild guess. :p

Lucky you with that amount of holidays ahead, wishing everyone on the team a splendid rest.

Even if you are enjoying a good old weekend with just two days, hope you have a great time. ;)

4. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 17, 2021

atenaa, jlasensiofi, Caomhin and 9 others like this.
  5. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 17, 2021

Overzee , via OnePlus Nord 2 Gray Sierra , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for taking care of this Weekly Update @Zach X., I've already seen some great XPan shots taken on the OnePlus 9 series. I think it's great the feature was available almost instantly after the announcement, well done! Enjoy your holidays, looking forward what October has to offer for the community 😀.

6. JaynishS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2021

JaynishS , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Zach X. :)

OnePlus 9 RT and Buds Z2?

Happy Holidays to you and the team. And hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021

atenaa, Dresa91, Gor. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Aditya_4
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 17, 2021

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021

8. eastbay
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 9 Pro T-Mobile , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Thank you very much for your weekly update @Zach X. Thank you for the improvement information on the Haselblad camera!! Nice touch you've done with the office 🙄.. enjoy your Holiday and your Time off 📴. Stay safe ✌🏻 But enjoy!!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021

atenaa, jlasensiofi, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  9. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 18, 2021

DarshanMeniya , Sep 18, 2021 :
    So nice to see you back @Zach X. , I am missing a contest organized by you. Would you conduct it? Let's see what is new this time for community members...

atenaa, jlasensiofi, eastbay and 2 others like this.

11. Young_Blood
    KitKat Sep 18, 2021

12. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 18, 2021

the_o2 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Wow, I'm seeing this for first time, thanks for sharing :)

OnePlus AirPods Max, which is next to moderate gathering board ;):p.
    Jk.

Thanks for thread and enjoy your holidays,
    Stay safe and healthy :)

atenaa, jlasensiofi, otto2 and 6 others like this.
  13. Optimus_Prime_07
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 18, 2021

atenaa, jlasensiofi and Overzee like this.
  14. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Sep 18, 2021

Amanda W., TibiTibi, atenaa and 9 others like this.
  15. TakmanTechnical
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2021

16. gbvreddy
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2021

17. Iamhasannaqvi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2021

18. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 18, 2021

atenaa, jlasensiofi, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  19. G_plusone
    Nougat Sep 18, 2021

G_plusone , Sep 18, 2021 :
    The XPAN mode is the highlight of the updates for me. Was wondering why the hidden clue in @Crystal Z.'s Cross word puzzle was XPAN 😉
    Nice reveal.
    Welcome back @Zach X. Enjoy the upcoming holiday season 😦and the new product Buds Pro lite?
    Looks like @Amanda W. Has a mini forest in there 😁
    Have a great weekend Everyone.