Weekly Update 410 - Back to Work

1. Penny P.
    Brand Marketing Staff Member Oct 22, 2021

Penny P. , Oct 22, 2021 :
    weeklyupdate410.jpg

Hey Guys,

This is Penny again! It has been a long time since my last weekly update. I just came back to work this week because I have been through multiple rounds of training that lasted for three and a half months! During this period, I was in the factory to assemble phones. I also went to a retail store in Taiyuan (A city in the North of China) to sell phones. Surprise hah? If you think about it, this way I was able to experience all the journey of a phone – from its very beginning until it reaches your hands. I could even talk to users directly and get to know more about them. This was an interesting and enriching experience for me.

WechatIMG4.jpeg selling phones.jpeg

After sharing my personal experience, let’s see what happened during this week!

The Lab² is finally taking shape!
    As the applications close for our second edition of The Lab², the first review for the Insta360 GO 2 started being posted by @obakesan. You'll start seeing more and more content coming from our The Lab² reviewers. Do you have any guesses about what will be reviewed in the next edition?

Invite your friends to join Orbit
    The installation package of Orbit was released officially on Wednesday! @Zach X. was excited to have a speech to introduce Orbit to everyone! After downloading the installation package, our 100 seed users could use their exclusive invitation code from Pete and start their journey in Orbit. If you also want to join Orbit, please get the invitation code from those seed users to experience the new version of our community. Many people are sharing their invites here so grab one for yourself! Zach also shared a bit of what's happening behind the scenes to make Orbit a reality, be sure not to miss it!

WechatIMG6.jpeg

Shot on OnePlus to Create Your Own Masterpieces
    Many of our users are really good at photographing. They are obsessed with using their eyes and cameras to capture every moment in life. Today, we'd like to highlight our OnePlus 9 Series Lab reviewer @Mohan_G who has persisted in photographing lightning for 2 years and creating many masterpieces that are memorable in his life. You can read his fantastic personal experience about photography below. If you feel touched by the story, then take your cameras right now, and let’s shoot on OnePlus.

All photos shown below were taken by him:

2ff8b461-fa24-4036-85fe-b759a5f00d44.jpg
    Source: Instagram

Our community also wrote amazing threads to go through this week, let me recommend so you should check over the weekend:

That’s all I wanted to share for this week. Have a nice weekend everyone! A secret guy will see you next week. : )

2. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 22, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Hey @Penny P. :)
    Thanks for the weekly update:)

Orbit looks interesting:) it is an interesting space:) let’s hope we can merge the „old“ community with the „new“ community without any big issues:)
    Great work @Zach X. :)

have a great weekend everyone:)
    Cheers ☕️🤗

4. Giovanni_S
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2021

5. Overzee
    Junior Moderator, The Showcase Reviewer Junior Moderator Oct 22, 2021

Overzee , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Thanks @Penny P. for this Weekly Update! It was an interesting read!
    That is cool, now you know firsthand what's needed to get that phone to the customer!
    As one of the first 100 users, I must say I like it. It still needs a bit getting used to but we'll get there in time!
    [​IMG]

6. haildarkseid
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Oct 22, 2021

YRJ , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Hello @Penny P. ,

Thank you for the weekly. Glad to hear that you were able to follow the product journey right from the beginning. To be honest, I'm quite envious. It is indeed very satisfying to go behind the scenes and see how each piece comes together, like a puzzle, to form the big picture. Congratulations on completing the training!

This week has been quite eventful with a pot of exciting stuff happening in the tech space. But it was extra awesome for me because something I had been personally looking forward to was unveiled! If you're thinking Pixel 6 you're not entirely wrong but this one is for Orbit!

It's great to see a brand new community app and eventhough there is still a lot of work to be done I'm confident that @Zach X. and Co. will do their best to make this one shine. So the next few months will be a fun ride.

I also enjoyed the BTS thread from Zach and am waiting for more episodes.

As for the pictures they look stunning, good work @Mohan_G :)

Have a great weekend all!

8. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2021

9. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 22, 2021

psygarden likes this.
  11. denzelwilson
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2021

psygarden likes this.
  12. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2021

13. WASIM OnePlus
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2021

northbay5566 and psygarden like this.
  14. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2021

15. Iamhasannaqvi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2021

psygarden likes this.
  16. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Oct 22, 2021

17. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Oct 22, 2021

cdnfarmer , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update Penny. Hope that you enjoyed your 3.5 months training and return to the office. Is that @Daniel D. 's Cat Ninja in the factory picture? 🤔😉

Electrifying , beautiful pictures @Mohan_G

Mohan_G, script, northbay5566 and 4 others like this.
  18. Aditya_4
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Oct 23, 2021

Mohan_G, northbay5566 and Dresa91 like this.
  19. TangSan
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2021

20. sunilr1491
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2021