Weekly Update 411 – Beautiful memories of life

1. Loren Z.
    Community Team Staff Member Oct 29, 2021

Loren Z. , Oct 29, 2021 :
    banner(fin).jpg

Hiiiiii my community friends!

Loren's here! Hope you guys still remember me. I used to be an intern at the Community team last year and felt super glad to have a happy time with you. During that internship period, I experienced a relaxed and open office atmosphere. More importantly, I made many lovely new friends and we still hang out frequently, which makes me love OnePlus even more. So I didn’t hesitate to come back as soon as I graduated.

Like @Penny P., I‘ve attended the training for almost three months, a sort of curriculum to show graduates what the enterprise culture is, how does the company run and how is a smartphone made. We even got a chance to sell a phone! But I have to say, it is an awesome experience to have a face-to-face talk with users. The most impressive thing is that I served an elder who lived alone. He walked back and forth at the store several times. I noticed that and approached him, asking him if he needed help. After the conversation, I knew his phone was broken and wanted to get a new one but he had no idea about any new technology, which reminds me of my grandparents. I realized that I didn’t even know what phone they are using to call me. So, do you guys know what phones your loved ones are using? Do they feel it is easy to use? Most importantly! Pay more attention to your family.;)

2.jpg 3.jpg
    For sure, we got a looot of funny things in these three months.

Can you guess that how many mobile phones a very new team of 50 people needs to assemble in a day? Almost 2000!:fearscream:

Can you believe that I need to remember all the features of at least 10 mobile phones and several IoT products, within one day, and then get a test?:fearscream:

Can you imagine that we need to hold a mock global launch event as a four people group, within one day, and then present it to the PR team, Product Marketing team, and Brand team?:fearscream:

1.jpg

All the experience is valuable for me, and I will take it with me on my new journey. OK, Let's see what's new this week:

"Art Work" is here:
    We disassembled 9 and 9 Pro for exhibition, can you find out what is the difference between these two?

IMG_20211028_151527.jpg IMG_20211028_151731(1).jpg
    SOOP
    A new round of SOOP challenges is here! I love this topic- Capturing the same scene in day and night photography- cuz sitting in the office is the norm for me, but the view outside the window is different every moment, every day. Show us the view, and let me travel the world from your pics.

You can also enter the new edition of the Shot for OnePlus TV challenge, hosted by @Dhruv Kashyap. This time, the topic is Lights, just in time for Diwali. Speaking of themed challenges, are you ready for @Bouncer71's spooooky Halloween photo challenge? (You can even get some inspiration for @philos64's wallpaper contest!)

The Lab²
    Besides, there are two amazing threads from The Lab², if you wanna know more about Insta360 GO 2, will give you a taste.

That's all for this week! Hope I can bring something new and interesting to you guys next time! Have a good weekend!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021

2. Technical SuranaJi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2021

3. B_Wrath
    Moderator Moderator Oct 29, 2021

B_Wrath , Oct 29, 2021 :
    You mean the 9 and 9 Pro? Or is the 9R Pro an unreleased model? o_O:rolleyes:

4. Overzee
    Moderator, The Showcase Reviewer Moderator Oct 29, 2021

Overzee , Oct 29, 2021 :
    Thanks @Loren Z. for this Weekly Update, I bet some great ideas were presented! Have a great weekend, everyone:cool:.

6. sunilr1491
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2021

7. Pravin2999

Dresa91 likes this.
  8. Abdul Basith2

9. gbvreddy
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2021

10. Sravankumarjangam
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Oct 30, 2021

Sravankumarjangam , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Oct 30, 2021 :
    It is so kind of you to help grandpa and you did a fantastic job of remembering and presentation too 50 people 2000 phones is insane I think the difference is camera alignment and motherboard architecture from the looks of it thank you for the update 411 @Loren Z.

11. The rowdy ajay
    Froyo Oct 30, 2021

12. rasta_firasta
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 30, 2021

jlasensiofi and Dresa91 like this.
  13. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 30, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Oct 30, 2021 :
    Strange! @Loren Z. but I can only see the first pic is of a 9 & the second pic is of a 9Pro. Unable to find any 'R' out of the both. 🤔

Both 9R & 9RT has a different camera module.

Thanks for the Weekly Update! 👍
    Happy weekend everyone! ✌️

14. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 30, 2021

G_plusone , Oct 30, 2021 :
    Wow 9R pro confirmed :eek: :p
    Kidding aside it was nice knowing what kind of training Interns at OnePlus are going through. Assembling 40 phones a day is Something especially if you are very new to it. The features of the phones and IoT features is alright but mock up global launch is out of my league.
    Thanks for the update @Loren Z.

15. manojl_94
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  16. PhotoPicker
    Best Review Of The Year Award 2021 Oct 30, 2021

18. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 30, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 30, 2021 :
    thank you for the weekly update @Loren Z. :)

9R and 9R Pro…. Why always more and more devices?….
    Why don’t you just focus on the build quality of the OS :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I don’t really understand it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy weekend everyone:)

19. PhotoPicker
    Best Review Of The Year Award 2021 Oct 30, 2021

PhotoPicker , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 30, 2021 :

Even I have the same Doubt. It doesn't make sense.

1635581668847.jpg

1635581668861.jpg
    BTW it looks like 9 and 9 Pro !!!!
    What you guys say ?? 🤔🤔