Weekly Update 414 - 28 days later...

1. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Nov 19, 2021

Daniel D. , Nov 19, 2021 :
    Banner 2.jpg

Hi friends,

Weekly Updates are one of my favorite tasks at OnePlus. @dsmonteiro would agree on this. We can not only share what happened in the week but also a bit about ourselves.
    Anyone can take a guess as to what happens 28 days from now? I am as excited as you are since this will be my first time being part of the _________.

Winters are my favorite season of the year > December is the best time of the year, I always try to stay away from the illusion of "New year, new me" and impulse purchase on an annual gym membership. Speaking about Winter, this February I was snowboarding in Chongli, where the majority of the skiing events will be hosted for Winter Olympics 2022. I will never forget this place because of a series of events that started from having loose screws snowboard to leg cramps. It was both my first time having to call the rescue hotline, and also on a snowmobile. Since it didn't happen this week, I will save my story for another time...

Snowboarding.jpg

Some fun happenings lately,
    • As part of our department's team-building Nic budget, we have stocked up on a bunch of classic board games, the sad thing is we have not found time to play.
    • @Amanda W. however is always on top of things when it comes to stocking up the snacks and wine bar that were also bought together with the games.
    Board Games.jpg
    • Look at what I have next to me. This phone smells amazing (car seats), delicious.
    P1.jpg
    • I am not sure if you guys have found a pattern in the food pictured. Daniel likes his food SPICEH.
    Spicy Beef.jpg Spicy Chicken.jpg Eel.jpg Spicy Octopus.jpg
    • Trying to finish this amazing book, 80 pages in
    Sapiens.jpg
    Turning into the Community's events, let's get started with a *Shameless Plug* as always, join The Lab² - SwitchBot Starter Pack applications that will be closing in a week. This is an interesting set of products and I can already see some applications for it. I could easily feed and monitor my cats Maneki and Ninja remotely when I am away from town.

I try to keep a poker face while encountering news rolling out from the rumor mill, In this case, we are looking at an alleged 10 Series leak, according to @Cheetosdust, what are your thoughts?

According to @Zach X. Orbit V1.1.0 is available to install, Check out the Update Log and updated APK here. Among fixes and tweaks, this new update brings a few features that were highly requested. Check it out now!

If you have a OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro, be on the lookout for Open Beta 2, check out this thread as introduced by @Abdul B.. And if you have the Buds Pro, be sure to help @Leo Lei out on the OnePlus Buds Pro Experience Survey. Your feedback matters!

For the Retro Gamers,
    And that concludes Weekly Update #414, looking forward to sharing WU with you next time!

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Nov 19, 2021

Dresa91 , Nov 19, 2021 :
    Hey @Daniel D. :)
    Thanks for the weekly update:)

enjoy the smell of fresh car seats :p but don’t eat it, btw: the food looks delicious:)

happy weekend everyone:) stay safe:)

3. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Nov 19, 2021

4. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2021

5. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Nov 19, 2021

6. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Writers' Club Nov 19, 2021

7. haildarkseid
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2021

8. ayemei
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2021

9. Harshit R.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Nov 19, 2021

10. WASIM OnePlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2021

11. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Nov 19, 2021

SRD. , Nov 19, 2021 :
    Hah! One plus User festival.
    BTW @Daniel D. @dsmonteiro
    Can we create a contest or just suggest what should be the name /Theme of the "Oneplus User festival" this year? I don't mind the same name, but there are many creative people in the forums, so maybe we could get a name that we'll be more proud of.
    Hope you are fine. Do share the story, you know where to post that.
    The cutest phone/ cover of all time.
    Have a great weekend friends.​

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021

12. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Nov 19, 2021

McJader , Nov 19, 2021 :
    FamilyGuyStewieGriffinGIF.gif

Have an awesome weekend everyone, (I know I will;) /s)

13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Nov 19, 2021

YRJ , Nov 19, 2021 :
    dsmonteiro doppelgängers' club? :D

That aside, thanks for a fine weekly update. I can't wait to see what happens in 28 days but until then enjoy the new orbit update over the weekend guys. Tag em all :cool:

14. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2021

15. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 19, 2021

superplus , Nov 19, 2021 :
    User festival :cool:

:eek: Well, glad you're still around to tell the tale, whenever that may be!

I also see a lot of familiar names on the background :p I had to LOL @noquarter's depiction of "no quarter" :D

Same here, bring it on :cool:

I really enjoyed it too, though I'd started reading "Homo Deus" first.

In a slightly related vein, I really enjoyed Rutger Bregman's Humankind too, I finished that in 4 sittings, where both of Yuval's books took me a bit longer.

SRD., noquarter, cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  16. PhotoPicker
    Best Review Of The Year Award 2021 Nov 20, 2021

17. KaustubhNaik95
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  18. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Nov 20, 2021

Venky61 , Nov 20, 2021 :
    Thanks for the weekly update @Daniel D.

The collection should also have "Life Game". It's the best board game for me :)

India welcomes you ;)

19. Starcommander
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Nov 20, 2021

20. manojl_94
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.