Weekly Update 416: Festive Season, and so much more is coming!

1. Yangming H.
    Staff Staff Member Dec 3, 2021

Yangming H. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Week 416.png

Hello friends,

Hope you’re all well!

This is Yangming. It is my first weekly update, and I’ve always looked forward to this. I had the chance to talk with some of you but I guess I’m still quite new to most, so, nice to e-meet you all!

The last month of 2021 just started, and it’s almost unbelievable how time slipped away. Winter has arrived in Shenzhen, which is a claim @Crystal Z. will absolutely deny -- so let’s just say that people have been queuing insanely for hotpots already.

upload_2021-12-3_15-19-30.png
    Sunsets are getting early even in tropical areas in the winter days, but the good thing about it is that winter chills do scrub the skies clean.

All in all the week has been packed but fun for me and many of us like always. Community also had a busy week!

Many were believingly getting the parcels eventually as the vibes Cyber Monday Unboxing set sustained – it’s the thing for this time of the year. Your wishlists and shopping carts got us really curious too, and especially, it'll be appreciated if you won't mind telling us about your thoughts on wired earphones.

A couple of weeks ago, we launched Your Never Settle Story Collection in Community, where we first told you that a book about OnePlus was to be published. Now please allow me to share with you that it’s only a few miles away from the finish line! The book will look like one of these below – more’s to be unveiled, so please stay tuned!

upload_2021-12-3_15-21-15.jpeg

At the weekend, I came across one of my beloved neighbors for the first time in a while. Behold a cute fluffy little Scottish Fold named ‘Steamed Bun’ (or ‘Mantou’, in Mandarin).

upload_2021-12-3_15-21-43.png
    The little ‘Mantou’ used to be ‘sneaking’ into my flat all the time. It was curious about almost everything outside its own home, and it ‘broke in’ to other next doors a lot.

upload_2021-12-3_15-22-17.png
    However, a while ago the cutie stopped visiting me. When I knocked on the door of its home, I was told that it got serious Feline Idiopathic Cystitis and had been hospitalized. Luckily, after months of resting and treatment, it came back like nothing ever happened. Just like in this photo, it was sniffing, sometimes biting my plants as usual again.

upload_2021-12-3_15-22-45.png

As the day is approaching – come on, you know what I’m referring to – @Daniel D. kicked off the countdown with Looking Back at 8 Years of Never Settle. Don't forget to check out the latest updates regarding the anniversary party.

@Zach X. provided some info on what Orbit app's next update will bring. My personal favorite? An easier way to post GIFs! Don't forget to install the update on December 6. Power of Community's comics also returned this week to give you a glimpse at the Orbit Live Feedback Session. We hope to have more of these in the future so keep sharing your feedback about Orbit.

Last but not least, @dsmonteiro and @YRJ partnered up to bring some joy to the Community. Do you want to send a heartwarming message to a Community user? Now's your chance!

Indeed, there’s quite a lot to catch up and look forward to at this time of the year, and I’m more than glad to be here sharing with you updates of the week.

Thank you for reading! Stay safe, and wait for the jingles to ring.

2. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2021

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Dec 3, 2021

4. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 3, 2021

BeingIncog , Dec 3, 2021 :
    soooooooooooo ccccccuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeee kkkkkkiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyy :3

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

YRJ , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Welcome to the community, @Yangming H.

The banner caught my attention instantly, I'm honestly digging the classic red and white look of the book. Gives me OnePlus one box feels!

Thank you for sharing with us the photos and story of your furry bun friend. Good to know that it has recovered.

The anniversary is right around the corner and I can feel the fun stuff coming closer, so while I am currently packing my bag for the weekend getaway the fear of missing out is real! Maybe I'll take a look once every few hours to ensure I don't miss the good stuff.

Have a fantastic weekend all, I know I'm going to have a blast! :D

6. Iamhasannaqvi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2021

7. Sravankumarjangam
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Dec 3, 2021

8. tasawwur12q
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2021

9. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Dec 3, 2021

10. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Dec 3, 2021

OALEXANDER , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Holiday seasons ahead , so is the anniversary of Oneplus.
    Thanks for the update.. looking forward towards anniversary celebrations.

11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Dec 3, 2021

12. atenaa
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2021

atenaa , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Thank you for the weekly @Yangming H. 👍
    I'm feeling like waiting for Santa🎅 presents, for this next weeks.😁
    Loved to read the story about your furry intruder neighbor.😁😍😍😍 He is sooooooooo cute!!🥰🥰🥰

13. sanki_man
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2021

BeingIncog likes this.
  14. sunilr1491
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2021

15. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Dec 4, 2021

16. Pravin2999
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2021

northbay5566 likes this.
  17. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Dec 4, 2021

SRD. , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Welcome to the community @Yangming H.
    Super excited to read the stories. The colour combination always attracts. .

Hello Cutie! 🥰

The Anniversary vibes are around the corner.
    So excited to attend the User festival. 🎉🎊

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021

18. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Dec 4, 2021

OALEXANDER, northbay5566 and Dresa91 like this.
  19. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2021

northbay5566 and Dresa91 like this.
  20. Optimus_Prime_07
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Dec 4, 2021

jlasensiofi, northbay5566 and Dresa91 like this.