Weird coloration of lock screen via OnePlus 7

1. varun1868
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2020

varun1868 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    My oneplus 7 has started showing a weird problem. When i press the lock/unlock button to wake up the screen. The lock screen shows a very weird colour, a mix of whitish and purplish colour. However the screen is back to normal once i unlock the screen using the fingerprint scanner. This happens only when i wake up my phone and other times the screen is working perfect. Can someone help me with this issue? The issue is inconsistent and happens 1 out of 10 times or so. Will try to share the picture as soon as it repeats.

2. gbenoit112
    Donut Jul 5, 2020

gbenoit112 , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I've noticed mine does this when my brightness is low and I wake the screen to use the fingerprint scanner. I believe it morphs the colors to adjust for the fingerprint sensor to properly read your print. once the scan is received and the device unlocks, I can see the colors quickly change back to normal before it transitions to my home screen. I wouldn't worry about it, seems like it's programmed in for the sensor to properly work.

varun1868 likes this.
  3. varun1868
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2020

varun1868 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Makes sense. But this is something that started happening recently, probably after the last update. Because i have never seen it earlier before, whatever the lighting conditions be. I have been using this device dor the past one year and started seeing this only since last week.

Could you please confirm when this started happening on your device?

4. gbenoit112
    Donut Jul 6, 2020

gbenoit112 , Jul 6, 2020 :
    I have seen this happen on my device since I first started using it.

5. varun1868
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2020

6. KennethHau
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

KennethHau , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Try disabling DC dimming in oneplus LABS

settings>utilities>oneplus laboratory>DC Dimming