Weird connectivity problem

1. Majamulli KitKat May 24, 2019

Majamulli, May 24, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

I'm still using my OnePlus One from 2014 and am generally happy with it. Sadly I've got a weird connectivity problem.
    At my home I sometimes have mobile internet H+ and it works fine, but only for a few seconds (10-15) and then the connection ends. It will still show H or H+ but I've got no internet access. It usually takes between 3-5 minutes to reconnect and it will once again only be connected for a few seconds. When not connected I also can't use the phone, neither can I call someone nor can I be called.

If however I start a phonecall while being connected to the internet and normal mobile network I can keep phoning for as long as I want, there's no issue with the connectivity at all.

This problem is not only at my home but also in many places of my city. At some places I have "stable" mobile internet, in other places I don't have any connection at all.

I tried using the sim card in another phone and it worked totally fine, no connection issues whatsoever, even in places where I didn't have any connection with my OnePlus One. I also tried several different sim cards and mobile internet providers, no change, same problem.

I thought I might be able to fix it by upgrading to another newer OS version cause I haven't had an update for quite some time. So I went ahead and installed the newest LineageOS this morning. Works fine, but the connectivity problem is still the same without any change.

Soooooo.... anyone got any idea?

Last edited: May 24, 2019

G_Lotfi_Oran_ likes this.
  2. elanglois Lollipop May 27, 2019

elanglois, May 27, 2019 :
    I use Potato (Pie), but there are about 3 different "current" modem files. You'll need to try different ones. It could also be an issue with a loose antennae or not having current LTE bands. From your description, starting a call would keep you on 3G while otherwise, it's trying to go LTE and failing

Majamulli likes this.
  3. Majamulli KitKat May 27, 2019

Majamulli, May 27, 2019 :
    I tried to set the phone to only use 3G, didn't change anything.
    Not having current LTE bands is unlikely, because it should either work or not work, this constant switching and sometimes working doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the bands. It can connect, but can't stay connected.

Do you know which the "current" modem files are and where I can find them so I can test them?

4. wallab Cupcake May 29, 2019

wallab, May 29, 2019 :
    I am having the same issue, and even I am not able to update of the latest OS

5. G_Lotfi_Oran_ Cupcake Jun 1, 2019