Display Weird horizontal line on OP6

1. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Hi all....

Long time OnePlus fan but I am faced with a very weird dilemma on my OP6. Now sadly, this was the best pic I was able to take, I had to whip out my old Microsoft Nokia 640 in order to take the picture (DON'T JUDGE ME FOR THAT! MICROSOFT PHONES WERE THE S*** BACK THEN!)....anyways, my phone seems to have a very odd horizontal line if you take a good look you can see it, in fact, the bottom part of the screen seems to be ever so slightly dimmer.....

However in normal daily usage it is not noticeable if barely at all, seems to only really be noticed with backgrounds like gray and blue and if really focused white as well, it does seem to be permanent, however a completely black background will not appear at all....

I have contacted customer support and it wasn't much help, they ask me to format the phone and start from scratch to see if this problem persists but honestly I do not feel this is a software issue and formatting the phone right now is simply not an option as this is my work phone, as well as for everything else. I had taken a screenshot and uploaded it to my pc but no line is shown so clearly it seems to be a hardware issue at least that's what I feel.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem with their OP6 phones and if it is normal, I'm not really bothered by it I mean I can live with it, but once noticed it is extremely hard to un-notice...

this problem I have seems to be somewhat similar to this one but on this thread there are multiple lines I only have the one....

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/display-bug-or-problem-horizontal-lines.1048559/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019

2. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 16, 2019

Artemus. , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Do you play a lot of games or apps with a static image for long periods of time?

3. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

4. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

5. Artemus.

That is indeed burn-in. Need to get the screen replaced.

6. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

7. Satvikr3ddy
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

Satvikr3ddy , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    nope unfortunately it doesn't. you're going to have to get a new screen

Artemus. likes this.
  8. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

wth....

Then that is a pretty major defect, why am I just learning this now?

so you're telling me I have to use my phone less and not use all of its full features and top of which using darker themes?

I'm starting to realize why Apple neglected amoleds, it seems to be a natural thing with amoleds, had I known that I would have never gone AMOLED in the first place, basically I am being forced to use darker themes, less brightness and overall just use the phone less which I guess isn't really so bad but still....

Now everytime I get an upgrade I have to be careful on how much I use it, my OCD is gonna go through the roof....

9. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Apple use amoled on x/xs/11pro....
    Burnin can happen on all amoled displays

Artemus. likes this.
  10. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

Yeah but, don't you feel like it shouldn't be that way? I mean ghosting is probably the better term for this, I haven't seen that problem since the CRT days....

sigh, it just depresses me that's all but amoleds are unavoidable now....

11. Artemus.

It only happens if you keep a single screen on for a long period of time, usually games that keep its UI static for long periods of time. What were you using that caused this?

12. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Would not call it ghosting, didn't that go away with time? Burn in will only get worse with time...There are plenty of phones on the market using LCD... LG invest a lot of money in QLED technology, that's something to look for in the future. I completely agree with you on the point that you should be able to use your phone as much you want without the risk of burn in... But I could never go back to a LCD now after years on AMOLED, I'll live with the risk of burn in to get to use a amazing screen

13. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

YouTube lol (seriously).....I normally leave YouTube up at my job...so I can listen like if it was radio....

14. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Download youtube vanced, and you can lock your phone and youtube will still play... Continue using your phone like that will only make it worse!

Artemus. likes this.
  15. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

16. Artemus.

Depends on what you're looking for in what budget range.

17. F_Leonardo_Storti_vzHk
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019