Other Weirdest brick - How to fix?

1. Berend Simons
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Berend Simons , Aug 25, 2019 :
    My phone's (Oneplus 6) volume-down didn't work, and for a long time neither did my power/lock screen button.

Just now the latter started working again, so I took my chance and rebooted my phone to see if that would fix the issues.

Then instead of booting, it came up with an "insert password" screen, complete with a keyboard rather than the usual number pad. Entering a false password or clicking the "I forgot my password" button would prompt a screen reading "THIS WILL WIPE ALL PHOTOS/MUSIC/ETC". Obviously I didn't proceed.

All of this looked very strange, defnitely not normal.

I tried my normal phone lock PIN and it accepted.

Then the phone proceeded, coming up with the following menu:

"Press volume key to select, and press your power key to select:

• Fast boot mode (dark red)
    • PRODUCT_NAME - sdm845
    • VARIANT - SDM UFS
    • BOOTLOADER VERSION -
    • BASEBAND VERSION
    • SERIAL NUMBER - (censored for this post but yeah it's probably my phone's serial number, totalling 2 letters and 5 numbers)
    • SECURE BOOT - yes
    • DEVICE STATE - locked (dark red)
      "
    This menu has a header/title, constantly switching words in different colours. The sequence of these titles go: "START"(green), "RESTART BOOTLOADER" (red),"RECOVERY MODE" (red), "POWER OFF" (white)

Pressing (and holding) any combination of buttons, or sole buttons, does nothing. Connecting the phone to my computer does nothing.

What in the world did I do wrong? Did I brick it? is it a virus? How do I fix this mess?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

So my phone appears to get stuck in fastboot, scrolling quickly between options by itself without me being able to choose one.

When I let the battery die and force it to shut down, the moment I want to start it back up it shows the same "insert password" keyboard. Recovery mode just comes back with the same menu, as does Exit.

All I can do is choose Fast Boot and get stuck in the same menu.

What do I do?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 25, 2019 :
    This is the fastboot menu.

Starcommander likes this.
  3. Berend Simons
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Hi, thanks for the tip but it's then stuck in the fastboot menu. Any ideas?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019

4. ASCHENTE_V
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. Berend Simons
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2019

Nothing crazy, we were out on a small boat trip. When I got back, my Volume Down wasn't working. Perhaps moisture got inside or I left the phone in the sun for too long... I don't know.

Anyway, I think I know what's causing the issue. Somehow the phone now keeps pressing the Volume Down button on its own. As a result, every time it boots in Recovery Mode from which I can only boot into Fast Boot.
    Once there, I can't click anything because the phone keeps scrolling through options. Clicking the Power button to select an option isn't working. Counter-scrolling with volume up and then clicking the power button isn't working either.

(It's weird though because when the phone was working, it wasn't constantly pressing volume down. Conversely, that button wasn't even working. It also doesn't seem to work in Recovery Mode. But somehow it's pressed automatically because otherwise it wouldn't even get into Recovery Mode. And then it's also automatically pressed in Fast Boot menu.)

6. ASCHENTE_V
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2019

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 25, 2019 :
    Did you try to check the drivers on your computer? Is there anything you can do in the recovery mode or nothing works?