Welcome to The Lab – OnePlus 9 Series

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 8, 2021

Crystal Z. , Mar 8, 2021 :
    社区banner (1).png

Hey friends,

Are you excited about the upcoming OnePlus 9 Series launch? Well, to add to the excitement our best tradition is back along with it! We welcome you, our beloved and talented community users, to join the Lab, and be the first to go hands-on with the product before anyone else has the chance.

Two phases, double the opportunities.
    It's the same Lab but also different. For those of you who are experts in reviewing the products comprehensively, we brought back the traditional Lab where the selected ones could review the upcoming new products (yes, plural!) from top to bottom.

Then, you may have already noticed we're focusing a lot on the camera experience this time around. That's why we're opening The Lab a second time, inviting the most talented photographers among you. Your photography skills will be more important than ever! The selected few that enter the second phase will share their OnePlus 9 Series experience through a new review style, different to what has been done before on The Lab. We've prepared 25 devices for you in total, 15 for Phase 1 – the traditional Lab, and 10 for Phase 2.

What's the process?
    liuchengtu.png

When can you apply?

• Phase 1: Mar 8 till Mar 17, 0:00 AM UTC
    • Phase 2: Mar 17 till Mar 24, 0:00 AM UTC
    Who can apply?
    OnePlus and non-OnePlus users, Community and non-Community members, from Europe, India, or North America. We'll at least reserve 50% seats for forum users who registered before this edition of The Lab's announcement. Terms and Conditions apply.

How can you apply?
    We've brought back and optimized our Lab page, where you can submit your applications. Of course, local upload is also available, please make sure each of the pictures you upload is under 20MB.

Without further ado, hit the Apply Now button below and be one of our OnePlus 9 Series reviewers!

We've cooked up some FAQs in the comments below, and feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021

2. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 8, 2021

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z. , Mar 8, 2021 :
    FAQs:
    • Q: Can I apply for both phases of the Lab?
      A: Yes, you can. But for each phase, you can only apply once. Once your email has been applied, you can't use it and enter again.
    • Q: How do you select the reviewers?
      A: We’ll consider your writing and photography skills through your application to judge whether you’re a qualified reviewer. Community staff and moderators will join the selection process.
    • Q: How do I know if I’m selected?
      A: The reviewers will be announced in the community and contacted via email within 3 days after the application is closed.
    • Q: How long does it take for the reviewers to get the device?
      A: It depends on logistics. Generally we’ll ship the device to the reviewer right after we collected the reviewer information. If everything goes well, Phase 1 reviewers should be able to receive it around launch time, and Phase 2 reviewers should receive it around sales time.
    • Q: I came across a failure when submitting my application.
      A: Firstly, please check if there's any emoji in your content, if yes, please remove them. Second, if you choose local upload, please upload the second image after the first one finishes uploading and upload the third one after the first 2 finishes uploading.
    • Q: Why did you cancel Instagram URL upload option?
      A: We're soon going to the phase 2 application, which the image quality matters a lot, we've created a backstage to review all the applications, local upload will give us a direct glimpse of all the entries.
    • Q: How do you check my Instagram photos if my account is set to private?
      A: For phase one, first and second round of selection are based on applicant age, region and content. Photos will be checked in the third round of selection, and we'll gradually follow your account and review the photo if your Instagram account is set to private. After phase 1 and 2, top 3% of the total applications are left, and we don't have to check every Instagram URL image.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021

3. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z. , Mar 10, 2021 :
    We made a video clip, using previous lab reviews, and hope to see yours in the next one!

4. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 16, 2021

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z. , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Update:

Sorry, the platform messed up the timing, hence we got the error few hours ago. And now it's fixed, and we extended the phase 1 application time to Mar 17, 0:00 AM UTC.

Phase 2 application time will be adjusted as well, we'll update in the main thread.

5. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 17, 2021

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z. , Mar 17, 2021 :
    UPDATE on Mar 17:

Hey everyone,

The Lab - phase 1 application have already been closed, we've received 20173 applications in total! We've been checking the entries since day 2. Thanks to the Mods team, Writers' Club, and US Community Ambassadors and their support on the selection support, we have now reached our final shortlist with the TOP 30 entries! We will announce the final 15 tomorrow.
    For Phase 1, some reviewers will be receiving the OnePlus 9 Pro and some will be reviewing the OnePlus 9. Those are randomly selected by us.

Also, the Lab - Phase 2 has already opened. For those of you who love photography or are experts at it, don't miss the opportunity to explore the powerful camera on the OnePlus 9 Pro.

6. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Mar 8, 2021

camohan , Mar 8, 2021 :
    My favorite contest. Will participate does not matter if I come out as winner or not.

I like this change where the review is not limited to 250 words or so.

7. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2021

Marco_Erre, waliuxd, phil__ and 18 others like this.
  8. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 8, 2021

phil__, Veplix, VeDxnTa and 24 others like this.
  9. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 8, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 8, 2021 :
    Nice !!
    So only 50% will be Instagrammers and "Influencers" who will register to show how much they care and are part of the "community" :rolleyes:

10. SRD.
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2021

11. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 8, 2021

YRJ , Mar 8, 2021 :
    And so it begins! Thanks @Crystal Z. for bringing back the lab for the 9 series!

All the best to everyone applying as a reviewer, and do remember it's more important to express than impress, let you entry show that. ;)

12. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2021

13. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 8, 2021

14. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2021

15. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2021

16. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2021

17. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Mar 8, 2021

18. Abhishek654
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2021

19. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 8, 2021

Oreo. , Mar 8, 2021 :
    Yep, 250 was too less 😩

20. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 8, 2021 :
    Hey @Crystal Z. any age limit this time?

21. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Mar 8, 2021

22. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Mar 8, 2021

camohan , Mar 8, 2021 :
    The age limit is 18+ for all the contests on forum.

northbay5566 and S1607606201794 like this.