We’re leveling up our partnership with  Fnatic

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Jan 10, 2019

David Y. , Jan 10, 2019 :
    FNATICXOP.png

Hello friends,

The new year is here and we’ve hit the ground running with some great news: we’re taking our partnership with esports team Fnatic to the next level! As you all know, we are big mobile gaming enthusiasts, which is why this partnership has been a perfect fit from the start. So, today during the live-streaming of Legends in Action from Berlin, we were thrilled when Fnatic’s striking new team jersey sporting our OnePlus logo was showcased for the first time!

When we asked Carl about this exciting new phase in the partnership, he said that since Gaming has always been such as central part of OnePlus, the partnership with Fnatic was a very natural process. “We’re excited for this to be our first-ever global sponsorship in esports!” Carl told us.

Sam Mathews, founder and chairman of Fnatic, has known Carl for a long time and said that he believes OnePlus and Fnatic share the same values when it comes to performance and becoming the best they can possibly be. This is why he feels they have the perfect partner in OnePlus to help take Fnatic into a new era.

If you want to see what happened during the event, check out this link. Not only can you see what the new jersey looks like, but you’ll also be able to meet the new Fnatic team. Get to know all of the members during the Q&A and view some exclusive previews of the 2019 League of Legends European Championship, which kicks off on Saturday, 19 January. 

The epic game between Fnatic and Invictus last November has gone down in history books as the most watched game of competitive League of Legends ever. So this year, join us as we root for our team. We can’t wait to see what this season has instore for them!

2. Pranav Peddi
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2019

Samppa_02 and SubodhKumar10 like this.
  3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 13, 2019

AnonymousWP , Jan 13, 2019 :
    "We don't advertise to keep the costs low" by the way. "We know you guys already get everything for free and are just gamers, but here are some new OnePlus 6Ts" by the way.

Jokes aside: what's the purpose of the partnership apart for delivering them free phones as an advertisement?

ecompton59, XMANAVX, NateDev and 19 others like this.
  4. TheAvengingTITAN
    Froyo Jan 13, 2019

Samppa_02 and gaster like this.
  5. obol2
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2019

6. TheJurnneo
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

7. RubenRME
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2019

RubenRME , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Why not? It's marketing, and it reaches a demographic that are very fit for OP.

8. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 13, 2019

9. huxley1t
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2019

huxley1t , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Emmmmmm why fnatic tho? They made history because they got rekt by ig with 3:0. I am sorry to say i am rooting for rng.

OneSpicyChicken and Thijs3e like this.
  10. eye842
    Lollipop Jan 13, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  11. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jan 13, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Just when I thought there couldn't be anything more vapid than "partnering" with McLaren this comes along.:rolleyes:

12. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jan 13, 2019

Intruder71 , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Err you are a phone maker ffs!
    Stop wasting money on BS and consentrate on what you used to be good at, making phones!

13. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 13, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Imagine me singing this sentence:

You need to market your product to sell it

14. MaNemZeus
    Froyo Jan 14, 2019

MaNemZeus , Jan 14, 2019 :
    This is amazing to get more people to know OnePlus. Esports is growing exponentially as more games are being held in competitive tournaments. Congrats on the partnership.

KHurf likes this.
  15. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2019

Ceasedd , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Dang, why don't you sell them fancy jerseys;I needs one. War Machines© ftw!

16. YRJ
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2019

17. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 14, 2019

keithnyc , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Wow @David Y. That is really exciting new... These guys are awesome. I want that jersey

Kytharsis likes this.
  18. alessiodales
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2019

19. NoInspiration
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2019

NoInspiration , Jan 14, 2019 :
    No hate at all, but what will this do? Advertisement? I don't see OnePlus win a lot with this.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  20. petro pakarinen
    Froyo Jan 14, 2019