We’re partnering with Epic Games to provide the first-ever 90 FPS Fortnite smartphone experience via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Pete
    CEO Staff Member May 26, 2020

Pete , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 26, 2020 :
    ENG-TW-Fortnite-RED-KV1-2.png

Hi friends,

We know there are some hardcore gamers among our community and that’s why, today, we’re thrilled to announce a partnership with Epic Games, designed to create an unprecedented Fortnite mobile user experience for you. With the roll-out currently underway, the OnePlus 8 Series is now the first line of smartphones able to run Fortnite on the Unreal Engine at 90 FPS, which is the highest frame rate available for the game on a smartphone.

This partnership, rooted in technological innovation, was driven by both Epic Games and OnePlus’ desire to take Fortnite to a higher level on Android. Together, we have created the best Fortnite experience ever on a smartphone. The OnePlus 8 Series delivers a smooth, high frame rate gameplay experience – that even current-generation game consoles can’t match.

The entire endeavor to bring 90 FPS to Fortnite on the OnePlus 8 took months of development. To kick off the launch in India, OnePlus users (OnePlus 6 and newer) are now able to download Fortnite via “One-touch” easy installation of the Epic Games app exclusively through Game Space, making it a frictionless process.

OnePlus users were already able to enjoy Fortnite, but now those with the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro can play it at a maximum of 60 FPS, the previous highest performance for the mobile game. OnePlus is committed to bringing the best mobile gaming experiences to its users and is continuously taking steps to bring major firsts to the category.

We hope these improvements provide you the competitive advantage to become an even better player, while also making the gaming experience more enjoyable.

Never Settle.

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , May 27, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

We see that several of you are sharing the same questions and therefore we prepared a quick FAQ. We'll keep an eye for your questions and update this as needed.

FAQ
    • Will 90 FPS Fortnite Mobile support extend to previous models?
      Fortnite is extremely performance demanding, perhaps the most performance demanding of any mobile game out there. Fortnite at 90 FPS is the most performance demanding version of Fortnite ever,
      and requires the latest Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform, powered by the blazing-fast Adreno 650 GPU, to power this experience. Additionally, the latest software optimizations from OnePlus, and custom testing of the game on the OnePlus 8 Series has brought Fortnite at 90 FPS to life for the first time.
    • Is 90 Hz only available when the game is installed through Game Space?
      Right now, you're able to experience 90 FPS if you download Fortnite through Game Space or Epic Store. 90 FPS support will extend to the downloads through Google Play Store with the upcoming updates. Fortnite at 90 FPS is available on the OnePlus 8 Series wherever the Fortnite app is officially available. This includes The OnePlus Game Space (India Only), the Epic Games website, and the Google Play Store.
    • 90 FPS only works on lower quality settings, why is that?
      In working with Fortnite creators and competitive gamers, we have learned that the most important thing is higher refresh rate, as this makes gameplay smoother and the player as competitive as possible. Most competitive PC gamers are prioritizing performance over graphics, and the lower graphic settings can even create an advantage in seeing people easier in the game.

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 26, 2020

4. Batman360
    Lollipop May 26, 2020

Batman360 , May 26, 2020 :
    Amazing news Pete. But why Fortnite? 😂😂 Why not CoD mobile or PUBG mobile? Looking forward to seeing 90hz in other Battle Royale games too😊

Last edited: May 26, 2020

5. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 26, 2020

Liehjan , May 26, 2020 :
    Agree with you, Fortnite is a dying game :p

6. Batman360
    Lollipop May 26, 2020

Batman360 , May 26, 2020 :
    I guess this is the last chance of reviving it 😂

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 26, 2020

YRJ , May 26, 2020 :
    This is fantastic! I am sure it will elevate the gaming experience for a lot of people. Congratulations on the partnership :)

8. Moin2200
    KitKat May 26, 2020

9. anunayC
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020

anunayC , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , May 26, 2020 :
    On my 6T, Fortnite seems pretty laggy - it just freezes often. I play on PC for HOURS every single day, so I haven't tried the latest version on my phone yet. If this 90fps update helps and fixes the random hitches!

I'm in a game as I'm typing this, wish me luck! :)

10. Kiran Sagar PM
    Donut May 26, 2020

harshil1903 likes this.
  12. Salt505
    Jelly Bean May 26, 2020

Salt505 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 26, 2020 :
    Will 90FPS Fortnite Mobile support come to the 7 Series?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the 8 series can't even run Fortnite at anything higher than low settings at 90FPS. Eek, no thanks.

Last edited: May 29, 2020

13. Plenkske
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator May 26, 2020

Plenkske , May 26, 2020 :
    Gratz on this first !

This explains why the 120 Hz can't be used yet :)

Is this experience only working with this process ? Or is it also working by simply installing the game from the play store directly ?
    Maybe its me but isn't that much easier then Game Space - Epic Games app - Fortnite ?

So the 7(T) Pro will not get 90 FPS. Why is that ?

Also I read that 90 FPS only works on lower quality settings. I really wonder what the bottleneck is here ? Is it the GPU ? Is it cooling ? I think it can not be the CPU, RAM or storage. Because its all top spec.

14. A1562169739638
    Cupcake May 26, 2020

15. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean May 26, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , May 26, 2020 :
    You make me feel excited when you say you're collaborating, but then my hopes die when you choose second, third best option to collab with in market. [e]1f614[/e]

Last edited: May 26, 2020

16. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 26, 2020

17. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 May 26, 2020

the_o2 , May 26, 2020 :
    So OnePlus is a Gaming Phone without having a name of Gaming Phone, Cool!

Hope something similar with PUBG and CoD soon :D:)

18. surya11496 , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , May 26, 2020 :

Plenkske

Gratz on this first !

This explains why the 120 Hz can't be used yet

Is this experience only working with this process ? Or is it also working by simply installing the game from the play store directly ?
    Maybe its me but isn't that much easier then Game Space - Epic Games app - Fortnite ?

So the 7(T) Pro will not get 90 FPS. Why is that ?

Also I read that 90 FPS only works on lower quality settings. I really wonder what the bottleneck is here ? Is it the GPU ? Is it cooling ? I think it can not be the CPU, RAM or storage. Because its all top spec.​

I guess for marketing purpose. For users to buy more Oneplus 8.
    Silly thing 7T series too works with 90Hz smooth display then why no release to 7T series.

19. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean May 26, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , May 26, 2020 :
    Looks like marketing to show new devices in the better light. I don't believe that 7Pro and 7T series isn't capable of 90 fps as well.

20. surya11496 , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , May 26, 2020 :
    Oneplus 9 series will introduce with 120fps and oneplus 8 pro users will be like why are we not getting this [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e].

Still i believe Apple is the best both in terms of Software and features.

21. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 26, 2020