What are your biggest concerns/issues with the OPO so far?

1. ionpan89
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2014

2. lukeborn
    Eclair Aug 2, 2014

lukeborn , Aug 2, 2014 :
    First, I had to do the root mod to allow the microphone to listen at full volume when using Google now otherwise I'd have to practically swallow my phone to say "okay Google" that was very disappointing... Hopefully that'll be corrected out of the box soon.

Second, I do have the touch screen sensitivity problem when on soft surfaces however that doesn't really effect me as I'm usually holding my phone... My problem is actually when I've got my phone hooked to a charger and usually when it's fully charged I'll try to use it and I get very sporadic touch screen behavior, it's really completely unusable... I hold my finger in a random place and type every letter on the keyboard. I'm really afraid this is a hardware issue but I've got faith in a software fix.

Impress me OnePlus.

Otherwise this is a superb quality feeling piece of hardware, I just can't wait for bamboo at this point.

3. JuanL
    KitKat Aug 2, 2014

JuanL , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Didn't try calle volune yet, but noticed some cm bugs like when u open cámara from locked screen widget... Take a pic horizontally and then éxito bsck to lock with home Button many times (not all) theres a strange bug with the widget... Pic coming un a few hours

4. dipi
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2014

dipi , Aug 2, 2014 :
    My concers are
    the size - coming from SGS2s 4.2" screen seems on paper like a monster
    yellow tint - concerns a little, but can be curable with sunlight?
    sound quality - I like to listen to music a lot, through headphones, at home and car stereo systems. I hope it's up to par with SGS2.
    and of course
    the invites - every invite seems to go past me, but then i've only been a member for couple of weeks, lurker for a month or so..

5. Karene007
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2014

Karene007 , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Me too. :(

iTrollz likes this.
  6. BobbyJohn
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2014

BobbyJohn , Aug 2, 2014 :
    My volume buttons are broken. They only work if held down, so all I can do with them is swap from vibrate to full volume, I can't adjust any media volume and can't take screenshots.

It's very strange, if I hit the power button followed by the volume up in quick succession I can get the volume to go up, but the same does not work for turning the volume down.

And my headphones' volume buttons work to turn the volume up and down so I know it's not a software issue.

7. iTrollz
    KitKat Aug 2, 2014

iTrollz , Aug 2, 2014 :
    I thought I was the only one. Couldn't find anyone with the same issue on 5Ghz when I searched. Using both 2.4 & 5 now.

Karene007 likes this.
  8. JuanL
    KitKat Aug 2, 2014

9. lol_lol_2512
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2014

lol_lol_2512 , Aug 2, 2014 :
    I currently have the galaxy s2, its sound quality is crap anyway but the 1+1, I have heard, has native USB audio support so u can connect an external DAC/amp (fiio e17) which is the feature I am really looking forward to the most.

My only concern is the yellow tint as I am afraid I will notice it since I do some photo editing and I have gotten used to noticing tints on screens (that are not calibrated).

10. procdan
    Donut Aug 2, 2014

procdan , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Thanks to all for delivering a dose of reality to something that sounds too good to be true sometimes. All in all, it still sounds like something I want, but there are real concerns, to be sure. Thanks again!

11. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

skhaan , Aug 3, 2014 :
    I guess concerns/issues come with everything. I was out all day today and used the phone a lot (esp. taking pictures) and just realized how much I loved the phone. The pictures turned out great and I took a group selfie that comfortably fit it 5 of us (should I mention how excellent they turned out, my friends were in awe at the quality!). Anyways I hope some of these minor issues/bugs are addressed either by OP/CM but they're all something I can live with. I still think it's a great phone despite it's (few) issues. :')

procdan likes this.
  12. Jerzyk
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

Jerzyk , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Yellow shit

Klaudia likes this.
  13. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

14. Klaudia
    Eclair Aug 3, 2014

15. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

skhaan , Aug 3, 2014 :
    is it slow for you or doesn't work? I don't have data so I don't use LTE.

16. Gurinder
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2014

Gurinder , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Go with rhino shield but it will cost you $25.

17. Jayception
    KitKat Aug 3, 2014

Jayception , Aug 3, 2014 :
    My biggest concern is that updates to fix major bug issues take way too long to happen for CM11S. I don't want to have to flash custom ROMs and perform my own software fixes just to fix bugs like low call volume and weak microphone recognition.

skhaan likes this.
  18. TerrorDyne
    Donut Aug 3, 2014

TerrorDyne , Aug 3, 2014 :
    I think my biggest concern is that the phone just won't live up to all this hype. I know no-one with the phone, so All I have are comments on this forum and random review sites.

This thread, I'm hoping, will highlight the reality of the build quality and performance. I've got a rooted ATT Sammy-Note now and the 1+ looks to be a real nice upgrade, better than what I'm reading about the Note4, at half the retail.

skhaan likes this.
  19. random
    Eclair Aug 3, 2014

random , Aug 3, 2014 :
    No problems with in call volume for me. I just noticed that even though I have all 3 of the email accounts I have set up, set to NEVER delete messages from the server, all emails were all deleted from the server when I deleted them from the phone. I didnt even think that this might be an issue, as I was using CM10 on my old phone and never had a problem with it at all.

Other than that, at least thus far, I have no other issues at all and I am perfectly satisfied. With regards to the yellow tint/gradient at the bottom of the screen; ironically, the only time I really notice it is when I go to OnePlus.net.

skhaan likes this.
  20. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2014

skhaan , Aug 3, 2014 :
    I've seen how amazing it is but I don't want to spend $30 w shipping on it and I've decided to go with the tempered glass :)