What are your guys thoughts on recent One+ one events? (i.e waiting, constant setbacks) [poll]

?

How do you feel about the way One+ is going about this all?

1. Totally chill about it all. Cant wait for my invite! One+ hell yeah!

24.4%
  2. I don't think this is the best way of doing it, but it's okay and i'm still into getting a invite.

31.1%
  3. Starting to get on my nerves. Tired of waiting for the next elusive post.

40.0%
  4. Majorly disappointing in this company. I probably wont be buying now.

4.4%
  1. Xillra
    Froyo Jun 8, 2014

Xillra , Jun 8, 2014 :
    Hey guys, I jumped on the bandwagon for One+ after the first press images showed up. Sounded like the perfect replacement for my dying HTC One V. I've been here ever since, patiently waiting until I can purchase the elusive device. Unfortunately it didn't release in time and I ended up getting the Moto G on Republic wireless with money left over.

I still continued coming here because I quite honestly thought this device was pretty awesome, however the most recent events do concern me and I can definitely see a wide spectrum of people being massively pissed to being completely fine with it all.

I realize it doesn't exactly effect me anymore as i'm not a customer, (maybe for the One+ two?) but I wanted to know:
    What are your feelings of what has transpired these last 2 months?

knoxy1 and SiggyT like this.
  2. gl0stick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2014

gl0stick , Jun 8, 2014 :
    Oh I absolutely relish it, the pervasive rage permeating these forums nourishes my body and makes me stronger.

knoxy1 and Xillra like this.
  3. SiggyT
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2014

SiggyT , Jun 8, 2014 :
    Very frustrating with all the tactics! I am however glad that folks are getting their devices through invite system and hope to get mine soon!

Xillra likes this.
  4. Boom515

SiggyT likes this.
  5. knoxy1
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2014

knoxy1 , Jun 8, 2014 :
    I'm like moderately pissed right now. They promised a "huge batch" in late May- early June and if that already was their huge batch yesterday, it's getting ridiculous. I'm following this device for more than two month, am signed up for one and a half and visit this forum multiple times a day and I'm beginning to get fed up since there are no concrete messages from the team. Besides that the last announcements let the OP team seem really arrogant, unprofessional and not that start-up I wanted to give my money to. I didn't even think about getting a new phone as a replace for my Nexus 4 before I heard about the OPO so I generally don't mind waiting longer, but if they don't speed up and there are more leaks of the Motorola Moto x+1 or the Google Nexus 6 I will wait and go for them instead of the OPO.
    And I was a winner of the Countdown Madness Thread more than a month ago and after getting contacted and giving there the data where to ship, I heard nothing about my mug and T-Shirt, that really makes me think about how trustworthy they are if they can't even do that right.
    Don't get me wrong, I really liked the idea of them to create this phone for the users at that price point but after two month the hype is over for me.

Tl/Dr: A little fed up, a little grumpy, better hurry up or I will wait for the Nexus 6 or moto x+1 ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

Xillra likes this.
  6. steviewonder83
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2014

steviewonder83 , Jun 8, 2014 :
    setbacks minimal - as stated by recent post from @Carl they just didn't anticipate that most people want the 64gb model and are making more of them than the 16gb white

7. Is two

8. Boom515

Boom515 , Jun 8, 2014 :
    I knew about. Which probably set them back but at least they altered their path early.

steviewonder83 likes this.
  9. teldar
    Froyo Jun 8, 2014

teldar , Jun 8, 2014 :
    This is a company which has existed for less than half a year and are building a smart phone. I can't believe there are people pissed about the amount of time it's taking. I'm impressed and I'm willing to wait another two months because the phone seems so awesome.

Thomas2014 likes this.
  10. steviewonder83
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2014

steviewonder83 , Jun 8, 2014 :
    yep its good and its because of things like this that set one plus apart from anyone else. Yes they could have made thousands of phones but something like this would have been overlooked, then we would be getting haters of a different kind in the forums instead of the daily beggars:p

teldar likes this.
  11. Boom515

Boom515 , Jun 8, 2014 :
    At least it sounds like they are trying to build a brand rather than slam out phones at a rate they can't handle. Perfect it before I buy it please.

12. ghuidor
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2014

13. wmm
    KitKat Jun 8, 2014

wmm , Jun 8, 2014 :
    I could write a book analyzing what I think has happened since April 23, but I'll just say that it looks for the moment as if they will still meet their original (April 29) forecast of having lots of invitations available by the end of Q2 (June). I'm not in a huge hurry to replace my current phone, although it's getting a bit flaky, but I'll probably reassess my current intention to buy a 1+1 if it looks in late June like a major miss.

14. enneue

15. Xillra
    Froyo Jun 8, 2014