What do OnePlus customers want?

1. Patrickim2147
    Gingerbread May 20, 2018

Patrickim2147 , May 20, 2018 :
    People are getting angry at the fact that OnePlus is not providing wireless charging/ip ratings on their phones yet they will complain about the year after year price increases of each generation of OnePlus phones. Starting prices will definitely be high 500s or low 600 if these features are implemented and I'm curious to see who would be willing to pay for them.

2. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean May 20, 2018

kaghedo , May 20, 2018 :
    Human wants are unlimited ;)

3. marlox
    Honeycomb May 21, 2018

p0seidon94 and vitorbasso like this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo May 21, 2018

meatandy , May 21, 2018 :
    What you are basically saying is ,
    People want something for nothing as usual.

5. abhishekitm
    Froyo May 21, 2018

abhishekitm , May 21, 2018 :
    camera software like PIXEL 2 and a reliable phone with good software to use the capable processor 845.
    Camera : In india , Xiaomi is giving similar camera quality as oneplus in Rs. 15000 ( approx USD $230 ) in redmi note 5 pro
    Audio : In India , Xiaomi gave dedicated audio dec in Xiaomi A1 for Rs. 14000

Therefore , when oneplus 6 is selling for Rs.35000 ( $538) , expectations are higher. In india Pixel 2 is selling at Rs.34999 ( USD 540 )( sale offer after bank cashback of Rs. 8000)

6. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2018

PTuT , May 21, 2018 :
    Based on the trend, the starting price will be higher for the next generarion even without those features being implemented.

7. abhishekitm
    Froyo May 21, 2018

yes . But see oneplus one promised to give innovative phones for very low price. Why ? Because they did not spend a penny on advertisement. Back then there was cynogen.

Now the companies is spending much more on celebrities and advertisement . And there is no wow factor.
    Speed and stock android : NOKIA phones have better stock android support with monthly updates.
    Camera : There is huge gap between pixel 2, samsung phones and oneplus. When oneplus one was launched it was close competition. OIL PAINTING EFFECT , OVER SHARPENING ARTIFACTS , LESS DYNAMIC RANGE , EXPOSURE EITHER LOW OR HIGH are problems of budget smartphones. They should not be there in FLAGSHIP KILLER.

Design : Moto g6 which cost USD 200 ,has glass back and NOKIA phones are better built .

But point is not which is better . Point is oneplus has changed . Now ,It is just like any other smartphone business company which does not have good software engineers.

Last edited: May 21, 2018

8. vitorbasso
    Gingerbread May 21, 2018

vitorbasso , May 21, 2018 :
    I'm actually quite happy Oneplus stood to their ground and kept the screen at full hd and the headphone jack.

The lack of wireless charge is a non issue for me as is the presence of the notch (Which to be honest I quite like it). Although the fact they changed to glass and didn't include wireless charge smells like safekeeping features for the T variant (So its existence can be justified as it has more stuff than the 6) as I don't think it would add significantly to the production cost. The reasoning of it being worse then dash charge is no reason at all as you don't need to choose between one or the other, you can simply have both being more convenient ( throwback to the lack of NFC in op2).

If I could choose features to be changed/added I would pick dual speakers (akin to what the galaxy S9 did with the ear piece/speaker config) and a slightly bigger battery (no need of 4000mah as OOS is quite well optimized with the 1080p screen, but 3500mah would be nice).

Also, while I'm at it, I would love for the software team at Oneplus to reintroduce the quick settings in OxygenOS. It's just so inconvenient to have to exit the app I'm using simply to change simple settings like the wifi or the Bluetooth I'm connected to instead of changing it directly on the quick settings panel. Now is only toggles ):

I know these would add cost, but I just felt like spouting what I'd love to see on a Oneplus device, as they are my favorite devices. A man can dream

9. chirururu
    Donut May 21, 2018

chirururu , May 21, 2018 :
    Looks like we have a oneplus company boy here, crying to protect the company. PS: Its expectations vs keeping the cost low which keeps competition going, hence the result of beautiful oneplus products.

10. abhishekitm
    Froyo May 21, 2018

NEVER SETTLE FOR ONEPLUS 6 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'll wait for pixel 3 coming around august. Or buy pixel 2 or may be samsung s9.

For me camera is important .Otherwise these days all phones are adequately fast. All stock android run fast .Xiaomi redmi series , moto g series , Nokia 6 and 7 , huawai budget devices run adequately fast.

11. abhishekitm
    Froyo May 21, 2018

I really loved ONEPLUS ONE and ONEPLUS THREE . Oneplus 1 had Dual Speakers, Best in class screen at that time , Camera was comparable at price Rs.18999 (around USD 310 ) . Oneplus 3 was another good phone from the company at ( USD 410) , Indian Rs.27000.

But after oneplus 5 , company seems to be confused. It still doesn't know why they have added 20MP F1/1.7 1 Micron lens at the back :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:.
    At USD 530 , Rs.35000 .Price is just not justified for mid range smartphone with high end processor 845 but average camera .

12. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer May 21, 2018

Bouncer71 , May 21, 2018 :
    this is all useless if people are buying them phones regardless of what might be missing...

why should a company change strategies if profits keep coming the in...?

don't like it...
    don't buy it...

13. abhishekitm
    Froyo May 21, 2018

yeah why should we buy when we dont like it . If a company can earn money without people buying its phone , then it is a great business plan.

14. NovinDavis
    KitKat May 21, 2018