What do you currently think about the watch? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Dr Havoc
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2021

Dr Havoc , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 13, 2021 :
    I was thinking to buy the OnePlus watch, but right now I'm not really sure. I looked at the reviews and they weren't so positive, but they were also made half a year ago. So I want to know if there are any improvements in the watch, how often does it get updates, do you see it getting more improvements in the future, did you encounter any bugs with it, and how will you review it in its current state(including it's features, design, hardware and its software).

Thanks to everyone who answers!

2. Undroid , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 13, 2021 :
    Pros:
    - design and looks
    - battery
    - ui is pretty responsive
    Cons:
    - its not really a true smart watch. It obviously Lacks a smart os and most of the features are static / pre-defined.
    - aod is very basic and totally uncostumizable said:

major con:
    - does not support all language

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021

Dr Havoc likes this.
  3. Rohan2127
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2021

Rohan2127 , Oct 13, 2021 :
    My honest opinion. You will regret it. Long battery life but dumb watch. I think it's the biggest waste of time. I don't trust the biometrics either. Very inaccurate compared to my Polar sensors.

The watch is completely outdated! I can't believe this is the watch OnePlus would release in 2021 and how stupid I am for purchasing it!

D1581344644661 and Dr Havoc like this.
  4. wmm
    KitKat Oct 14, 2021

wmm , Oct 14, 2021 :
    For the price, I'm reasonably happy. The just-introduced AmazFit model has approximately the same feature set as the OnePlus watch, but it costs half-again as much. There are remaining bugs, some of which are significant, but it mostly does what I bought it for: make and receive phone calls; let me see notifications without taking out my phone; track walks and runs (although it takes up to 10 minutes to get a location fix, which is a pain); handle various time functions (clock, timer, alarm, stopwatch); etc. It also has a responsive UI and lasts a week on a single charge, as well as charging quickly when plugged into a high-current adapter.

Dr Havoc likes this.
  5. Sumit.Dahiya
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2021

Dr Havoc likes this.
  6. LonnieV , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Oct 17, 2021 :
    The thing about this watch is you have to keep your expectations reasonable. This is a first generation product from a very reputable brand. That being said initially there were a lot of bugs that were eventually worked out through software updates. Do not expect Apple watch like or Samsung Galaxy watch capability you won't get it this is a fitness tracker first smartwatch second. Once you understand what to expect you realize the beauty in this product. I personally love this product the notifications are just enough to help me be aware but without being intrusive. As far as the fitness features they are pretty basic however as a runner and hiker it's been fairly accurate for me. Again it's no Garmin and you can't expect that from a first generation product. However what OnePlus has been able to accomplish in a first generation product supersedes any other first generation products that I have ever come across. The next generation I expect great things from. So far I'm happy with this watch. I'd say buy it.

7. Rohan2127
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2021

Rohan2127 , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Cheap watch. You get what you pay for.

8. wmm
    KitKat Oct 18, 2021

wmm , Oct 18, 2021 :
    I think this misses the point a little. I agree that it's not reasonable to expect Apple/Samsung capabilities - but I do expect that the capabilities it claims to provide will work, and that's still not the case for many of the features. I still have to wait up to 10 minutes for the GPS to get a location fix, and the heart rate monitor during workouts still has long stretches with very incorrect readings, for example; the barometer//altimeter always give nonsense readings; etc. Expectations they set initially - customizable replies to notifications, additional watch faces - are still largely or completely unmet.

There is a lot to like about the watch. It runs a long time on a charge, it recharges quickly, the screen is bright and clear, the UI is very responsive, and it does phone calls, notifications, alarms, etc., well. The GPS tracking works well after the initial wait. I don't agree, though, that expecting fewer bugs, especially six months after its release, is "unreasonable".

9. LonnieV , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    I haven't had any issues with GPS or heart rate after the latest update I have not tried the Barometer and Altimeter. I actually tested it against my phones GPS and it seemed as accurate as Amazfit.

10. wmm
    KitKat Oct 18, 2021

wmm , Oct 18, 2021 :
    The issue with the GPS is that, within a few seconds of activating the "outdoor walk" activity, for example, a warning appears on the watch saying that the GPS data is out of date and suggesting to connect the watch to the phone to update the ephemeris data. (Of course, the watch is already, and has been continuously, connected to the phone at that point, so the message is nonsense.) It then takes 5-10 minutes before the GPS icon stops animating and turns green, indicating that a location fix has been achieved. This has been the case through all the versions of the OnePlus Health app and watch firmware since it was released last spring and has not changed in the latest B.67 and 2.4.3 versions. After that point, the GPS works fine (roughly equivalent to the GPS on my OnePlus 8 Pro).

11. LonnieV , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    I haven't experienced that issue at all, I'm using One Plus Nord N10

12. wmm
    KitKat Oct 18, 2021

wmm , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Do you wait for the GPS icon to turn green before hitting the "GO" button? How long does that usually take for you? What version of Oxygen is on your phone? (Mine is 11.0.8.8.IN11AA.)

I've seen a few people who report getting much faster location fixes, so I'm pretty sure it's a setting or permission somewhere that's different, but I haven't had any success in tracking down what it might be.

14. wmm
    KitKat Oct 18, 2021

wmm , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Thanks. Wish I knew what the difference was; I'd expect it to work similarly across the OnePlus ecosystem, especially on the same Android version.

15. Nikhil1689
    Eclair Oct 18, 2021

Nikhil1689 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Don't buy because you can get far way better watch then op watch. At this price range you can buy tic watch which has better specification and if u don't mind much about battery now you can get samsung galaxy watch 3 blutooth version at around 15k in Amazon.if 15 k is more then look for amazfit or realme watches which can do better performance than op watch at less price.

16. OBiW4NSHiNOBi , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Oct 19, 2021 :
    You have to set your expectations lower, people seem to expect it to compete with watches that are double the price.
    It's fine. Not great, not terrible, but mostly does what I wanted. Looks nice, great battery life, tracks my sleep, my heart rate, my SPO2, my gym workouts, and it gives me my notifications without me having to check my watch. Basically that's all I wanted it for and that's what it does. said:
    I wish it had tap to wake or that the always on display was better, or we could set the screen to come on for more than 8 seconds but other than that. I'm ok with it.
    I miss the Chronus watch face from WearOS, but tbh. I think I'd still be rocking a Pebble Time 2 if it had ever launched.
    I think if WearOS / Fossil finally manage to improve battery life beyond a day then I'll move back to WearOS. But for now, the OnePlus watch is "fine".

FrenchCroissant75 likes this.
  17. cpt00
    Froyo Oct 19, 2021

cpt00 , Oct 19, 2021 :
    no, you have to set your expectation to the price ! Not a deal, not excessive ; on point imo.

The real question :
    - Do you want a smart watch to replace your phone and use it as a tech reviewer? Wrong watch.
    - Do you want it as a normal watch, wearing it only when you go out and sometimes getting workout, and all this without worrying about bring the charger with you ? This is the good watch

18. wmm
    KitKat Oct 19, 2021

wmm , Oct 19, 2021 :
    I would frame the question a little differently, although I agree with the overall point. It's really, I think, more of a question of what you want a "smart" watch to be. It can do a number of "smart watch" functions quite well: make and receive phone calls; show notifications; show the weather current conditions and forecast; play music; snap your camera shutter; etc. It also does the time functions - clock, timer, alarms - effectively. I wear mine all the time, not just "when I go out". For me, the only lacking functions that I care about are the slow GPS start-up, the inaccurate heart readings, and the lack of a voice interface like Alexa or Google Assistant. I'm willing to trade those off against the features that it does provide, along with the long battery life, quick charge, and responsive UI.

If your idea of a "smart" watch is lots of apps and watch faces from the Play Store, then yes, this is not a "smart watch" that you'll be satisfied with. If you really want health and fitness features, the current set of bugs and limitations will be a big disappointment. Otherwise, it's a very nice and capable watch for a reasonably attractive price.