What do you think about OP3T

1. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 15, 2016 :
    I think you might have hit it there, a kind of stand in until the 821 was in place, hence holding off full production maybe?

stephenboyo likes this.
  2. wanderguzman
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2016

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 15, 2016

stephenboyo , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Very true! Well those of us who bought it in June are half way through the 10 month phone life cycle, before new rumours of the OP4 starts swirling. The lesson here is don't rush to buy an OP phone till 5 or 6 months after release of the beta version. They're now totally unpredictable. I feel for those who bought theirs in September and are only just receiving their beta phones. I suspect OP will frustrate any bid to have them replaced with the 3T.

4. Waka_Yama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2016

Waka_Yama , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Thank you for this. And now we look what we can actually use:
    • Boot time / App loading - check - well... Overall faster, isn't it?
    • Updated performance for UI - check
    • Graphic and power consumption - check
    • VR SDK - check, although VR on 1080p ... ?
    • Dual PDAF - nice but didn't found an information if imx298 is capable of that. Any Info's somebody?
    • Laser Autofocus - I doubt I've been seeing something like this on my OP3 nor the OP3T
    • 28 MP Support - well... We only have an 16 MP sensor... And according to Qualcomm, SD 820 can handle 28 MP, too https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/820
    Some people mentioned that the new EIS couldn't be supported? Well SD 820 can at least EIS 3.0
    https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...gon-820-powered-lg-v20-multimedia-heavyweight

Maybe somebody can give further information on that?

Just to make clear: I think 40 € are fair for that upgrade, but don't expect something groundbreaking. The SD 821 will give you in an normal usecase nearly no benefit except the 5% efficiency.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

AcmE85 and SimonRam like this.
  5. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 15, 2016 :
    I keep reading the threads about sending them back and buying the T, not sure that's going to work. They're a ball ache with delivery now, could be weeks before the "returners" see anything.
    Still happy with mine. :)

6. Tonybarnaby

Tonybarnaby , Nov 15, 2016 :
    The 3T is half the price of a pixel Xl(same size screen, so I won't compare it to the regular pixel). No way is OnePlus trying to compete with Google. This phone is for the people looking for a new phone right now, and for the holiday shoppers. OnePlus knows their fans are rabid, and a lot of these people will sell their op3 at a loss to "upgrade" to the 3T. Sad, really.

7. F_David_C._Mishalof_JPqz
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2016

F_David_C._Mishalof_JPqz , Nov 15, 2016 :
    I was disappointed because of all the rumors about the IMX398 f1.7 camera and Nougat. These are the two features that I was willing to pay extra for, and neither of them are included in the 3T. The larger battery is Ok, but isn't the SD821 suppose to use 10% less power? 16mp front facing camera, is also questionable. Most portrait photo software programs are all about softening and smoothing the details on the face. Do you really want more resolution for a selfie? There was no talk about the benefits of the SD821 over the current SD820. I wish we had the choice of still ordering the original 3 for $399. I just don't see the benefits of spending 10% more on the new 3T.

Loveit likes this.
  8. hgoor
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2016

hgoor , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Check the specs. OP 3T now has EIS 2. Thanks to 821....

9. grievor
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2016

grievor , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Terrible launch. Sure a hardware bump is great but the difference is miniscule. Honestly oneplus of this is a sign of things to come like what Apple does with their iPhone and S variants... Just push your launch of your new oneplus phones back a few months after Apple/Google releases their flagships and make sure the hard ware is top notch! What's the point of launch a new model and 3months later relaunch it with better specs? Just to keep up with the competition? **** if you're gonna do that must as well bring back the oneplus X... At least that makes more sense.

Fyi: I still love you guys but geez this was a let down especially to your early loyal supporters

G_Manzoor_A_bVXk likes this.
  10. stephenboyo
    KitKat Nov 15, 2016

stephenboyo , Nov 15, 2016 :
    L
    Yes you're right. Knowing OP they'll just frustrate everyone trying to return their phones. They'll want to focus on actual buyers. And there's all the hassle about stock and no stock and the length of time it takes to order those phones from the factory. The 3T probably won't start arriving en mass till early January but by then the OP4 will be months away. My OP3 is nearing 6 months, so no point even thinking of the 3T.

SimonRam likes this.
  11. felinos11
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2016

felinos11 , Nov 15, 2016 :
    The Pixel XL has QHD screen. OP can't compete with that. Existing OP3 owners don't have to sell their device. Nobody told them that they would get the latest flagship device for the upcoming 12 months. I get the frustration though. That's the reason why I ditched HTC 4 years ago. They kept making new "flagship" devices every 3 months. Resale value drops quickly.

12. G_Manzoor_A_bVXk
    Donut Nov 15, 2016

13. Loveit
    KitKat Nov 15, 2016

Loveit , Nov 15, 2016 :
    I must say the 16MP front camera upgrade is a bit bizarre. I wouldn't care if that thing was 2MP.

Actually I do get it, only I don't do Video Calling or Selfies.

SimonRam likes this.
  14. yanniehomogeniser
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2016

yanniehomogeniser , Nov 15, 2016 :
    My thoughts exactly.. they're either trying to milk the hype risking backlash to company rep or their company growth/product design plans are so messed up they can't figure out what phone and when to push them out. Almost looks like they originally planned for 3T specs but couldn't get it down in the OP3 time frame so made do with whatever gear was available and lowered the price then when they got the 3T parts ready they decide to use that and bump up the price. Maybe that explains all the shipping delays due to "insufficient parts"? Since they can't cut the OP3 after a few months of release they let out the 3T as an "upgrade". That or the 3T was originally supposed to be the OP4 but the upgrades were so minimal, design brain all juiced out so they hurry it along and test the market response instead.

I got my OP3 on release day cos my N4 was going down but in hindsight I should've ebayed the spare parts and fixed it earlier rather than after I got my OP3. The 3T definitely isn't a good upgrade from an OP3 and now that I've experienced the company CS, and the OS/support uncertainty and seen that the company isn't logically planning it's phone release and company direction, I'd highly doubt I'll get an OP again unless the company matures.. The company had so much potential but from the current choices they're making; looks like downhill from here..

Fr1tzTh3Cat likes this.
  15. Edward

Edward , Nov 15, 2016 :
    The last company that pulled this stunt was Motorola with the Razor and Razor Max, people were outraged.
    Apple doesn't pull stunts like this, just because you like Android doesn't mean the competition is bad. I'm an Android enthusiast, but I can admit that Apples products are amazing, and I want them to be because they push innovation on Android.

nyzproof333 likes this.
  16. Waka_Yama

Waka_Yama , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Okay... And LG V20 running a SD820 is running EIS 3.0...

Nice upgrade ;). Maybe OP tried some optimization on this like Optic AMOLED... We will see.

AcmE85 likes this.
  17. GangGangas
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2016

GangGangas , Nov 15, 2016 :
    Honestly a better selfies camera? If you're a gut like me that shouldn't upset you at all lol, a new snapdragon 821 nice you can open any app 0.2 seconds quicker. As for the bigger battery this is kinda the only thing that's good about it, but the 3000mah isn't all that bad on the op3, it's a smart move from the company to stay in competition.

I just hope they actually give updates to op3 and op3t at the same time like Android Nougat and OTA's for oxygen much quicker

Tokolozi and SimonRam like this.
  18. yanniehomogeniser
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

yanniehomogeniser , Nov 16, 2016 :
    They can't beat ever the pixel... at least google CS pwns OP CS lol

19. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 16, 2016

Tokolozi , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Guess you get what you pay for In that case.

20. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

theshinybeast , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Smack him one for me, too;)