What do you think about OP3T

1. Modrogan
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

Modrogan , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Though the OP3T is awesome, it is a bad move from OP. Here's why, according to me.

What is good : OP listens to its community and improves major issues (good point for battery). Never stop working with your community!

What is bad : OP releases an upgrade to its flagship in the middle of the year (wtf OP?!). Ok there is Christmas, you'll sell a lot of OP3T and money is good for business.
    BUT at the same team you mock your most sincere fans...I mean all the most genuine fans who bought your OP3. By selling an unexpected upgrade, you kill your flagship reputation. It's like you're saying look, our OP3 is fantastic...hmm well no it's not actually, let's forget this phone and just make another one. Bad communication. You discredit your phones, so less people in the end will buy them. This strategy would have worked for Samsung but not for OnePlus. Who will buy your next OP4 now? I was wondering about switching from OP3 to OP4 but now I'll probably wait for OP5 or for another flagship...

Finally, it might not be over for you OP. You went greedy but you still can keep your fans trust with a discount on OP4 (or OP5 if number 4 has bad reputation in China) for OP3 owners ;)

Btw, I love my OP3!

acumediait likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

ghostofcain , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Or Sony Z2 / Z3, Its not that unusual in tech circles .

4. bpwest80
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

bpwest80 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    They got us. Hook, line and sinker. Don't sweat it though. In a few months the OP4 will be out. Only this time we will be smart and wait a few more months and buy the OP4T. Although that may not be smart because right after the OP4T comes out, the OP5 will be released. And the cycle continues. I've learned it's impossible to have the newest model of any phone for more than 3 months before it's no longer the "new model". Lol.

Edward and l1qu1dsnake like this.
  5. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

nyzproof333 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Take Carl's weiner out of your mouth for a second and realize that most manufacturers don't release updated versions of the same device 5 months after launch.

Did you ever see a Nexus T? How bout a an iPhone T? Tell me more about the LG G5T? Users have a right to feel a little bamboozled.

yanniehomogeniser and Edward like this.
  6. DSS18
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

DSS18 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    the difference is one plus did it 6 months later instead of 12

7. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Yes they do, just as the more rational amongst us have the right to mock the special little snowflakes for their over-developed sense of entitlement.

Something something naive cock-gobbling fanboy corporate shill fascist sheep.

8. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

nyzproof333 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Sense of entitlement or knowing that the company launches new flagship devices every 5 months. If it wasn't a dick move by this group of clowns how come they didn't say at launch of the 3 that a beefed up, but slightly pricier model was coming in a few short months?

I see you are taking mustache rides as well huh.

9. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    You seem to be a bit obsessed with this, are you trying to tell us something?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. Edward
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2016

Edward , Nov 16, 2016 :
    With all that said, i'm happy with my OP3, I love this phone, but it is frustrating. So next year do I buy the OP4 or do I wait a few months because they will release the real/improved version of the OP4?

bpwest80 likes this.
  11. Xzer
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

Xzer , Nov 16, 2016 :
    haittt ghanta vanna napai[e]1f602[/e]

12. whodatboi
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

whodatboi , Nov 16, 2016 :
    except it would be a 7s. they do something a little like that.

13. mywolf2

mywolf2 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    that live stream killed oneplus good luck it being around this time next year like wtf was they thinking no really who came up with that needs sacking it killed that phone

yanniehomogeniser likes this.
  14. functionalts
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

15. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

Ceasedd , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Stay there.Trump should also build a wall around it.

sfomin likes this.
  16. ihonize
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

ihonize , Nov 16, 2016 :
    This way of doing business is just cool. Op3 is still good, but software will be left behind despite of what they say. Camera and video are full of bugs, features that were supposed at. launch to work still do not, such as OIS.

So this is the worse step a brand should be doing in my opinion, people will of course disapprove of this if they were in the possibility of knowing it. 5 months is just hiding to the customer that this was already planned and not giving any info on it is very disonest, so not settling for this

17. Tonybarnaby

Tonybarnaby , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Swing and a miss!

yanniehomogeniser likes this.
  18. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

Topper_Gas , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Anybody remember the poster who kept ranting about CB users being unpaid testers for OP and was ridiculed on here? Perhaps he was right all along?

Let's see if @Carl keeps to his word about OP3 getting the same updates as the OP3T.

The UK price is ridiculous, unless O2 will discount it as sales gimmick?

19. Matt_uk
    Donut Nov 16, 2016

Matt_uk , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Out of everything that was announced, the UK price bothers me the most and can't solely be blamed on Brexit...

ilovesoneplus and SimonRam like this.
  20. Muhannad Alnaofaly
    Donut Nov 16, 2016