0
What do you think about the invite system?

  1. hezaika
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

    hezaika , Jul 23, 2014 :
    So I been thinking , to receive an invite you need to be invited by someone who have an extra invite. I doubt that would happen in a month or two for a new user.While we are waiting , new competitor for the flagship of phone appear . As an example the Xiaomi MI4 which is nearly on par with the OPO and yet the price are not announce . In a few month or a few week in the future , it wouldn't be a surprise if Nexus 6 pop up with a great price. So what do you think ? Is it wroth the wait for an invite ? Majority of old member might say yes because you can tell the invite coming right in your hand in no time. But what about the new member which just joined for a month or so?
     

    #1
  2. Deactivated User
    Jul 23, 2014


    #2
    rob1 and CrazyHawke like this.
  3. MudkipMao
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

    MudkipMao , Jul 23, 2014 :
    It's a good way for them to meet the demand for the phone and it also builds a ton of hype.
     

    #3
  4. CrazyHawke
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

    CrazyHawke , Jul 23, 2014 :
    :D
     

    #4
  5. TekSavyy
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

    TekSavyy , Jul 23, 2014 :
    If there was a way to stop the selling of invites and only sharing among the community this invite system would be a lot better. The hype is perfect, the demand is there, but the amount of people selling invites is unreal.
     

    #5
  6. hezaika
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014


    #6
  7. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

    Sonny , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Agree totally!!!
     

    #7
  8. jshardo
    Donut Jul 23, 2014


    #8
  9. talingas
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

    talingas , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I think the invite system will turn the OPO more exclusive. At least i will use a phone that my entire school doesn't have or even know... xD
     

    #9
  10. jadecolour
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

    jadecolour , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I am still waiting because:

    1. My Nexus 4 is in perfect condition and still receive updates from Google.
    2. CyanogenMod.
    3. Even if Nexus 6 is out today, it will be $100 more than OPO with marginally better spec.
     

    #10
  11. MtnBykr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

    MtnBykr , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Like I've said in other forums, I think of the invite system like Christmas. Every year kids look forward to Christmas day in anticipation for what they might get, just like everyday I look forward to the hope that I might get an invite. The anticipation makes it fun!
     

    #11
  12. rob1
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

    rob1 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    the invite system is great for marketing, but bad for consumers.
     

    #12
  13. Bscott22
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

    Bscott22 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I think its dumb, if the can release it to the public they should. Because by the time they do release it there could be other cheap flagship killers out there (Nexus6) and all the hype will have moved to that. If they get the phone out there they will not only have people asking about it, when they see the phone,but have more sales.
     

    #13
  14. snappys
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

    snappys , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Invite system is not fair. It doesn't take into account sign date or member number. So you can see newer people with the phone meanwhile older ones still don't have invites
     

    #14
    Bscott22 likes this.
  15. alto.belli
    Donut Jul 23, 2014

    alto.belli , Jul 23, 2014 :
    it's like 40% annoying, because you cannot do that rash compulsive purchase feeling anymore. But on the other hand, 60% adorable, making the product as "exclusive". You know, it's like when getting one feels like winning a lottery (it actually does).

    And i'm still waiting on the invites though. lol
     

    #15
    MtnBykr likes this.
  16. Herman Bolt
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

    Herman Bolt , Jul 23, 2014 :
    To be honest, my opinion is coloured by my number :(
    I think too much invites go to the early members and to the people who already bought the phOne. That makes us, all the othe members of the forum, so dependant on our luckier (and sometimes earlier) members, who like to make contests about the invites they can share. But they just got these invites for nothing. So please share your invites and don't ask from other people things to do that you did not have to do to get your share-able invites.
     

    #16
  17. alrick1
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014


    #17