What does this OnePlus Community mean for me?

1. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Jun 18, 2018 :
    First, don’t let this title fool you. I’m here to ask why I wasn’t selected for the Open Ears India @camohan (I'm sorry for the tag if it disturbed you ;oops)

Okay, now cutting that thing off, I’ll let you read the real content why you clicked on this :p

Disclaimer
    I think you might find this thread quite randomly written, but I’m just letting things flow straight from my heart. So, please bear with me. Oh, and good news, it’s not going to be that long ;)

Yup, the disclaimer ended right there. Now, we're on to the real thing, finally :p

A simple answer to that question asked in the title would be “It means a lot more than you can ever imagine” and I can simply end the thread by telling you that. But no, I’m not here just to tell you that single line. I’m here to tell you a lot more. Much more than you can imagine ;) So, let’s dig in deeper together.

I joined the OnePlus community on 14th February 2015. Did I remember that? To be honest, I didn’t. I just looked it up on my profile :p. Oh, and I didn’t even know that it was Valentine’s Day when I joined here :p It was probably around the time of the launch of OnePlus One in India, the place where I live.

After that time when I joined here, I was inactive and unaware about the wonderful community we have here. Then came the time when I got OnePlus 5 in my hands. I saw an application installed on my device, which was named Community. I didn’t know what I was going to enter, but I didn’t expect it to be such a great thing.

I was here on this platform almost every day. I was also a cupcake back then and I did create one wrong thread, which was deleted soon by one of our beloved moderators. Right after that, I started learning about the rules of this community, tried not to break them and enjoy my stay here. I kept on visiting announcement threads, contest threads, pinned threads, amazing threads by @Cheetosdust and quite a few amazing users on this community.

It was just a while back that I found a great thread, named Wormhole. A thread, which I visit daily as soon as I wake up and right before the time I go back to sleep. Yes, it’s a real Wormhole. You would get trapped in there once you enter and won’t be able to find a way out. To be honest, I don’t even want to find the way out of there.

I started making friends, virtual friends but definitely, friends! Yes, you heard read that absolutely right. I made friends here, not the fake ones, but real friends. Can you believe that? No, I didn’t believe it earlier, but now I do. Many of those friends make this place feel more like my second home. A place I can call home only because of the people around here. By people, I mean a ton of great users, moderators and some of the great admins take care of this amazing community. Should I tag them? Obviously yes, they deserve this! @Ruby G. @Crystal Z. @David Y. Thank you guys for your each and every effort you make to make this community an amazing place. I cannot forget to mention @Joel Jacob taking care of the Weekly Updates and Announcements for Indian region. Please accept my apology as well, if I’ve disturbed you by tagging here :oops: And to all of the WoHo members, I’m not tagging you all but I do love you all.

I’m thankful to this community as this is the place where I wrote about something for the first time ever in my life. Yes, it was Let’s Talk threads where I wrote something for the first time and I won’t forget that. It was the time when I actually realised that I can write, write something good if I want to. Would that be possible if I never joined this community? No, I don’t think so. So, once again, thanks to this community for this, especially @Ruby G. for starting those Let’s Talk threads.

So, let’s get to the conclusion. This community is my second home. Yes, it is. Whenever I get free time, I visit here. Yes, here and not any other social media. I do visit other social media from time to time, but not as much as I visit this community. I wish I had that iOS feature to show you the stats about that, but for now, I just have my words here. Believe them if you can or tell me a liar, I don’t mind either. I know what’s the reality, and it’s that I fcuking love this community.

Thanks to all those people who spent their time reading this stupid thread. I’ll end it right here, so that you can stop wasting your time reading this thread and start appreciating this community much more. I’m telling this to the new users here, just blend in here and you’ll realise the awesomeness of this community.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018

2. BeingIncog Marshmallow Jun 18, 2018

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

agoinfly, vedanthk, Punk_69 and 10 others like this.
  3. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Jun 18, 2018

4. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Mjo, GopalB., Sun90 and 5 others like this.
  5. RJBoss The Showcase Reviewer Jun 18, 2018

6. gazz1701 Jelly Bean Jun 18, 2018

Mjo, Sun90 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  7. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jun 18, 2018 :
    Hello Joshi,

I read your whole thread, yes, all of it. Now, let's have a chat, shall we? ;)

That's not true. At all. You write way better than me and this thread just proves it. Not only that, but I also think your threads and posts are way more cirurgical than the dispersed things I write.

However that's not the point of this thread.

I consider you one of my virtual but really good friends around this place that sometimes can fell a little... harsh.

Now, let’s really dance.

You echoed a lot of what I feel for a lot of these users, but you also point something else even more interesting: the way this place as a whole can suck you in and make you feel like you are part of something - like a piece of butter dissolved to give place to a nice dough.

Not only that, and I wrote this when it was your anniversary, it seems to me you deal with these forums with such class and respect, like you are wearing tweezers; clinical and to the point.

This makes for some interesting posts and some interesting threads and, especially, one interesting person: you.

I can tell you this: if everyone, myself included, could be a little bit more like you around here, this whole digital home would be a little bit better or at least more civilized and respectful.

But from my point of view, you are completely wrong with your title. It’s not - and will never - what this community means to you, but what you mean to this community. And for me, you mean this community. Not only you, but yeah, you mean what this community is, what is all about and what keeps me coming back every single day.

8. Dresa91 Android Q Jun 18, 2018

9. NovinDavis KitKat Jun 18, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo, GopalB. and 5 others like this.
  10. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Jun 18, 2018

11. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Jun 18, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo, GopalB. and 7 others like this.
  12. ɢноѕтΘпе Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 18, 2018

13. NovinDavis KitKat Jun 18, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo, GopalB. and 3 others like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Disappointed? :oops:

You're welcome :)

Thaanks a lot for reading this stupid thread :p I'm always up for a chat with you ;)

Nope, I won't agree to that. Not now, not ever. If you weren't here on this community, I would've not even started writing. Those dispersed things youre talking about aren't really dispersed. They're just amazing stories ;)

Yup, and you know I've that same love for youuu :)

Yayyyy, let's dance. I don't know how to, but I'll try to lol :p

Yup, this place sucked me in :D Yes, also made me feel like I'm a part of something :D

I don't know how to thank you for those words.

Nope, I disagree here. You don't need to be like me, you're already better ;)

Once again, I am lacking words to thank you for this.

For all of this you wrote for me and this thread, I can't just thank you enough. But here I am, still thanking you :) Thaaaaaaaaaank Yooooouuuuu @Cheetosdust Thanks a lot :)

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo, GopalB. and 8 others like this.
  15. RJBoss The Showcase Reviewer Jun 18, 2018

16. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

;)

Exactly, I should sleep now :p

Thaanks :)

Nvm.....:rolleyes:

Umm.....I don't like to drink milk :p

Nope, my title's on point ;)

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mjo, GopalB. and 8 others like this.
  17. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

18. ɢноѕтΘпе Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 18, 2018

ɢноѕтΘпе, Jun 18, 2018 :
    Then get an alcoholic drink ;) Good for sleep.

19. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2018

Never had one, won't like to have one either ;) I'm gonna sleep soon though :)

20. ɢноѕтΘпе Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 18, 2018

ɢноѕтΘпе, Jun 18, 2018 :
    Good night :)