what i learnt about the oneplus user community

1. krishjh
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

krishjh , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I have been following the oneplus forums pretty closely over the past few days in the hope of getting an invite and the one thing that struck me was how great most people are when it comes to sharing invites and how magnanimous some of the earlier members are when a new guy gets an invite before them! really impressive, way to go guys!

2. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 1, 2014

drmartin , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Well all the earlier members should have gotten at least one invite by now...! ;-) I would hope so, at least.

mansa likes this.
  3. Spazz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Spazz , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I agree, though I must confess I actually enjoy the whining just as much! The Dutch have a saying, I don't know if it translates well: "There's no pleasure like malicious pleasure"
    (Hope I got it right, this sounds so wrong with my signature)

harshadkmishra likes this.
  4. miximixim
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

miximixim , Aug 1, 2014 :
    i agreee also, waiting circa one week without any invite ... very frustrating ..

5. krishjh
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

krishjh , Aug 1, 2014 :
    i guess the oneplus makers were pupils of Zen masters, they are trying to teach us patience! :)

6. MyUserName
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

7. Spazz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Spazz , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Would a first come first serve method be any less frustrating? In that case you probably could have placed your order and even payed for your phone. They would tell you you'd have to wait until mid-october and come october 15th send you an e-mail saying that your order has been delayed. Nah, this method may not be as bad as it seems.

8. daniel.vanwesten
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

9. Spazz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Spazz , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I don't know, Shadenfreude seems kind of German to me. But it does sound like what I mean.
    It's like laughing about those funniest home videos or skateboarding accidents. You know the person in the clip is hurting, but you're still laughing.

EDIT: Yes. Google Translate comfirms Shadenfreude means leedvermaak.

10. juhmikay
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

juhmikay , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I think they'll start moving invites out at a colossal rate soon to make sure they sell as much as possible before the Xiaomi Mi4 becomes unilaterally available.

11. DjCornflakes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2014