what i saw in newly bought Oneplus 3T and what i hope to see in Oneplus 4

1. beiyuan
    Donut Feb 20, 2017

beiyuan , Feb 20, 2017 :
    I like oneplus 3T as i just bought two sets to replace my Samsung S7 Edge, which i used for only a while. However, i had been a Samsung user for about 6 years, have owned more than 20 over sets of phones. Below, i will discuss about reasons why i switched to Oneplus 3T and also will raise a few points which i hope to see in the future Oneplus models.

Reasons why i switched to Oneplus 3T:
    (1) super fast, smooth google-like android OS with zero bloatware.
    (2) screen is not curve, unlike S7 edge. It makes it hard to find a good, touch screen sensitive tempered glass for S7 edge. I prefer flat screen.
    (3) Dual sim. I have a lot of sim cards. Dual sim is a must.
    (4) 3400mah batt. Good battery life, although S7 edge is 3600mah.
    (5) 5.5" screen size (same as S7 edge). This is the minimum screen size i would accept as a heavy text messaging user.
    (6) Screen-to-body ratio (73.1%), thickness (7.4mm) and weight (158g). These aspects actually lose to that of S7 edge, but they are close enough to be acceptable. It is very Important to get a big screen, but with minimum bezel, body weight and thickness. I carry 3 phones with 6 sim cards around in my handbag. I used to carry 3 Note 5 before i switched 2 of them to S7 edge, and then recently switched the S7 edge to Oneplus 3T. I still keep one Note 5 for watching videos and taking pic. I will need to make a change soon for that particular phone usage.

What i hope to see in Oneplus 4:
    (1) maintain the speed, OS and zero bloatware
    (2) maintain or improve battery
    (3) maintain a flat screen, do not go curve.
    (4) maintain minimum 5.5" or increase the screen size and screen-to-body ratio. It is very important to carry a small phone with a big screen. You dont have to carry the weight of a phablet but you get it's screen size. You will see Samsung S8 and S8 Plus hitting over 82% screen-to-body ratio with a minimum of 5.8" and 6.2" screens. That is very attractive apart from the curve screen. Frankly speaking, the curve screen is redundant. It makes the phone more beautiful but i don't value that. I dont gain anything with a more beautiful phone. Oneplus 3T is already very good looking.
    (5) improve the camera.

I can fully forgo all my status as a samsung user and go 100% Oneplus user, if you can maintain or improve the above points.

2. meatandy
    Oreo Feb 20, 2017

3. rakshithrajesh30
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2017

rakshithrajesh30 , Feb 20, 2017 :
    There is a high chance there will be no op4 because 4 is considered a bad omen indicator so yes you can say the above to op5 which will be the next phone assuming what I said earlier to be true.

4. arnabJ
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2017

arnabJ , Feb 20, 2017 :
    Not of any direct relation to OP, but there can be a OP4 because there's OxygenOS 4.0.x

If OnePlus thought in that manner than there shouldn't have been a OOS 4 either.

Just my take on the possibility. No intention of debating.

Pahapoika91 and meatandy like this.
  5. kriteshshah
    Froyo Feb 20, 2017

6. Chirag AM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2017

Chirag AM , Feb 20, 2017 :
    Then we'd all say:
    [​IMG]

meatandy likes this.
  7. Shinh
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2017

8. bjornknoop