What if OnePlus makes DOS based game on its own storyline

1. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 15, 2019

camohan , Feb 15, 2019 :
    I often ask myself when I see young guys playing Pubg,Fortnite,Hitman Sniper,Asphalt and such modern games, on what kind of fun they get on playing these games.

I tried to find out by playing Asphalt 9 : great graphics, cool cars, win the race so that you can get money to spend on parts so that you can win more race. Well good for sometime but the charm dies after a while. With touch control, you dont have anything to do but just select nitros and ramps, and with manual controls it is more than difficult to control the car. Uninstalled it after a week. Pubg and fortnite has been in news recently on how these games are affecting young kids in their studies.

Went back to my time and I think I am among those lucky guys born in 1980s who had a chance to play DOS games which unfortunately are extinct or on the verge.

This lead to another thought, on what if OnePlus hypothetically bring back those era and make some DOS based android games with its own themes.

Some of the funny ideas I could have :

1. Prince of Persia Mobile : Storyline, @Carl a newbie in mobile market, making its way with various opponents and finally making it way to Jaffar (Tim cook) and beating his spell of most premium phone.

popdosbox-1200x630-c-ar1.91.jpg

2. Paratrooper : Not sure if anyone heard of this. Here @Manu J. is trying to hold the fort from users who are dropping from the sky and trying to burst him for not giving updates.

paratrooper.png

3. PacMan : Who does not know this game. But let me think how the story line would be in community scenario. A modertor (pac man) trying to clean up the mess created by 4 users and making them go on vacation.

pac man.png

4. Donkey Kong : @David Y. trying to rescue his GF

hqdefault.jpg

5. Digger : @Pete is trying to make strategies and tunnels to create earn more dollars and diamonds

Digger_Remastered.png

What are some of your childhood game memories and how would you like the storyline to be from OnePlus community perspective?

Lets rewind and cherish those moments!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Feb 15, 2019

YRJ , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Prince of Persia!!! That was one heck of a game.
    I haven't been able to finish it even till today.
    But I love that truly :)
    NOSTALGIC :innocent:

3. camohan

camohan , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Indeed, I was never able to finish too.

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 15, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Full Throttle, amirite @Mr. BG?

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 15, 2019

Cheetosdust , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Oh. how I can relate to this. My first memories of gaming is me not having a clue what I was doing on my Spectrum.

Load "" for life. Also, Dizzy was all the rage :cool:

You do know what Donkey Kong is, right?

I don't know what David did to you, but calling him that is nasty.

Nasty.

Just nasty! :p

What a weird way of writing Monkey Island ;)

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 15, 2019

toastytoast1234 and luigimario like this.
  7. camohan

camohan , Feb 15, 2019 :
    David is a hero.

Oh well I dint get that joke on throttle or the monkey Island thing..

8. YRJ
    Lollipop Feb 15, 2019

YRJ , Feb 15, 2019 :
    I am really surprised.....
    How could you miss RoadRash? Nevermind!

My Storyline:
    It all starts with a rev to become the biggest smartphone company in the world. The chequered flag is waved the bullet is shot, and as I would do in every game, run over the flagman/women and start whipping people (if I had the chains) or else simply perform a sidekick. That's how you deal with redundancy! ;)

Cheating is essential and in this game too..... I throw nougats at fellow racers and they fall over it, (remember the black holes or objects, running over on which you fall? ) Exactly that. #OP2

Next I move to Napa valley (Yep! My favourite) no rules no bounds endless roads that is my interpretation of the OnePlus 5!

That's the best I could recall and relate from one of the most iconic racing games ever! Which I would love to play even today :)

9. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 15, 2019

luigimario , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Nice idea Cam, I remember the days of floppy disks and those goddamned DOS commands. I remember all those games. Frogger was another classic, and Tapper, and there was a martial arts tournament game I can't remember the name of. Looked it up, it was called Budokan!

I can see @David Y. being the hero (Super Mario) but in that case I would have to help him save the princess (his wife) ;)

Oh yeah, for anyone that wants to relive this glory, just grab DosBox and away you go (you still need to find the games somewhere obviously).

buntycubal and Ruby G. like this.
  10. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 15, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Though I’m not familiar with most of these, I do know that prince of Persia for ps2 was one of my favorite games of that console.

11. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 15, 2019

luigimario , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Gah! You are too young my friend. Go talk to some old people!! :)

cdnfarmer and Ruby G. like this.
  12. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 15, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Whippersnapper.

I'm calling you young, not referring to a game. Although that does sound like something that some pimply 16 year old working in his bedroom would have released for the Spectrum.

13. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 15, 2019

[​IMG]

14. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 15, 2019

Well to be fair I do live near an retro arcade (yep they still exist) so I do know a thing or two about digdug or final fight. ;)

15. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 16, 2019

luigimario , Feb 16, 2019 :
    I've been to one or two myself. Gotta love the classics. I even considered getting a cabinet for my house but it seems a bit excessive.

16. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

Mr. BG , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Yes dear...

Also on MacOS back in 1995.

Now the remastered version is available for Windows, OSX, Linux and Playstation 4 and Vita

It's great, they don't make them like they used to.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  17. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 19, 2019

18. meatandy
    Oreo Feb 19, 2019

meatandy , Feb 19, 2019 :
    We played Asteroids , Centipede , Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.
    I also seem to remember another type of
    outer space game which name escapes me ATM.

19. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 20, 2019

camohan , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Great games.

meatandy likes this.
  20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Feb 20, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    I hope it wasn't Gorf.

G_Dinesh_CH_BeZn and meatandy like this.