What in hell is Google Play Services doing

1. G_Thomas_Jonson_eAGK
    Eclair May 26, 2017

G_Thomas_Jonson_eAGK , May 26, 2017 :
    I know what google play service does. But obviously some of the service in this version cause massive drain. Have this since 24 Hours. Before it was normal.
    Will look what google apps being updatet in this time span. Maybe i can found the bugger.

2. jackjt8
    Eclair May 26, 2017

jackjt8 , May 26, 2017 :
    So, I have a 3 year old Nexus 5 (stock 6.0.1) and a Nexus 7 2013 (LOS). The N5 I charge daily due to the battery capacity being about half of what it use to be. The N7 I charge once every 2 or 3 days. Want to guess why? 1-2% battery drain over night. Some other people in my family have some crappy low end Motos and Samsungs. Similar story with them, assuming they aren't playing Candy Crush or whatever it is now. Now my 3t, and many others for that matter, are seeing a 10-20% drain or more. I've factory reset, wiped cache, haven't restored from backup, haven't even installed any apps, and followed the usual guides; Still got a drain.

Please, stop being a sheep.

3. Albin1887
    Froyo May 26, 2017

Albin1887 , May 26, 2017 :
    Pretty frustrating to say the least huh. I also put the phone location on battery saving. I don't use GPS navigation often at all so I can get away with the slightly less accurate location. Battery overall seems slightly better but nothing amazing.

4. vimfuego
    Gingerbread May 26, 2017

vimfuego , May 26, 2017 :
    I'm not trying to be, but I disabled a couple of Google's apps from running in the background (all linked back to Play Services) and my battery is acceptable. My 3T was last charged 2 days ago, battery is still on 47% with Play services showing as 5% usage, majority of battery usage has been voice calls.
    I'm not saying that those with battery issues aren't really having them, but just following common suggestions seems to help most people, who knows if it is a OnePlus issue that might be addressed in the next OTA update (I don't follow the beta threads). It could even be a rouge app hogging background resources via Play Services, but too many people just get on here an whine about battery life without trying a few simple suggestions first.