What is going on with limited edition?!

1. GOGOJACO Eclair Jan 12, 2018

GOGOJACO, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Hello dear OnePlus staff. I can see that times changed for you and more for us.Do you still remember when you were nobody and use to sale your phones based on invitation. Do you remember when your phone use to be affordable for everybody, when you made phones for everybody ?! Now your phones are in line with all your competitors like price wise, a little bit less i have to recognize. What is troubling me is the teasing of your customers. The limited education white when the gold use to be for everybody, now lately the red for China?! What is this ?!... are you now becoming something that all your clients hate?! Are you like Apple or Samsung or...some other posh manufacturer. Please stay who you use to be, the one that 'Never Settle" and never become something that you hated and started this endeavour. Your phones are great but do not underestimate the power of the mouth to mouth advertising. I am happy for your success, but sad for starting to disappoint your most loyal customers. My self like and I am sure like many others I owned every single model of the phone you produced. If you OnePlus are reading this , you will be asking why I am so frustrated ,and yes I am! Why?! Because I am being restricted to purchase the phone I desire just because is the limited edition. What are you ?!...expensive red wine?! ...or some books printed in limited edition?!...or what?! I am so disappointed... and that is all. Thanks for your good phones, but no thank you when you becoming something that we all hated.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

2. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

aakashsood, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Such a big article (I didn't read it) you wrote here and yet OnePlus wouldn't read it. It's not a complaint forum get it through your head. There's a feedback section where all the crap like this should go.

3. desmondkw Froyo Jan 12, 2018

desmondkw, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Limited Edition... that says it all. It's a competition for the few sets available. Don't cry if you lost the competition because you aren't prepared to fight to win it [NEVER SETTLE].

Buy a regular 5T or get a red version shipped to you. Don't whine. There isn't even a OnePlus website for my country and I got one. True fans go out, conquer obstacles and work with their company. Stop feeling entitled. Stop Blaming everyone else - nobody owes you!

More technology costs more money. OnePlus still offers the same great value, even if material costs have increased. Their goal is to focus on a device that meets customer needs and bring great value to their lives. NOT maintain a price point.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

4. GOGOJACO Eclair Jan 12, 2018

GOGOJACO, Jan 12, 2018 :
    i got your useless attention!!!

suecoo66 and Y1511446669413 like this.
  5. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

Yup... Useless people like you tend to get to me.

AussieOnePlusUser and desmondkw like this.
  6. GOGOJACO Eclair Jan 12, 2018

GOGOJACO, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Not you for sure, you are a regular buyer, than buy regular

7. desmondkw Froyo Jan 12, 2018

desmondkw, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Yes, you did, this is a OnePlus fan community for those who care about the products and support the company. Do you?

It's alright, we care even for those community members who deal with inadequacy issues :) over their phone colour.
    Tip: get a case and it won't matter!

8. TaurusAGP Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

TaurusAGP, Jan 12, 2018 :
    The color on the back really doesn't matter, because you will need a back case to take care of the camera bump and protect the phone in general (due to the smooth finish on the back).

9. aakashsood Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

OR you could get a skin.

10. ethansuleman Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

11. O1514822293757 Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

O1514822293757, Jan 12, 2018 :
    I have the so called hyped up midnight black 5T....I had a gold 3T...
    I hate the back on 5T....but no options I had...
    got the rosewood case . and now problem solved.
    phone screams premium now..
    feel of wood is awesome and I don't have to look at the shitty black color...
    I don't understand the logic of releasing phone in 1 color only...
    now I'm expecting the op6 to come only in this sandstone white...

12. CupcakeDefiler Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

13. khushrooirani2000 Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

14. Cheetosdust KitKat Jan 12, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jan 12, 2018 :
    What's your post? Expensive red whine?

15. cezarvrabie Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2018

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  16. nilz22 Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

17. allisterr Honeycomb Jan 12, 2018

allisterr, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Lol it's just a different colour.

And anyways the company is not owned by the same people as the old times.

Everything is different, even if they want to pretend they have the same vision or ideals. The truth is they have different owners and the holding company will tell them to do whatever is profitable.

The oneplus today is not the oneplus you first knew. And that's just how it is.

The quicker we understand that's oneplus is just a regular smartphone manufacturer with a younger/more community based marketing programme people can adjust their expectations.

They have to make a profit like any other company. It's just business. If you want the limited edition white then you'll just have to buy it. That's what they want and that is just how business works.

Nick 59 and cezarvrabie like this.
  18. W1514947653506 Donut Jan 12, 2018

W1514947653506, Jan 12, 2018 :
    even I like red colour but then don't have to be fussy about it. either get a case or get it vinyl wrapped customised to your liking.
    it's a marketing strategy they follow and it's working for them. so they'll keep on teasing everyone with a cosmetic mod and before you know it there's a new phone.

19. Duke_Nukem_ Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 12, 2018

cezarvrabie likes this.
  20. Hiswalrusness Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

Hiswalrusness, Jan 12, 2018 :
    Not all the sperms win the race. Sometimes, you got to just lean back and admit you didn't get what you wanted. Whining never got anybody anywhere.

As for solutions, a skin should solve all your problems. At least the ones related to the colour of the back of a phone.