What is happening?

1. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Serbian Overlord , Apr 8, 2021 :
    What has happened to this company? The 9 Pro is $1100. The camera is absolutely the same as 8 Pro and 8T. They paid millions to Hasselblad to use their name for 3 years. S21 Ultra is $100+ cheaper and has more RAM, more storage and a much better quality panel. I got on OP hype train in 2014, owned everything from OnePlus One to my current phone, 8T. I don't understand what their strategy is. Their customer service/after purchase support is STILL to this day abysmal. Carl, who I heavily criticized for some of his decisions (like asking Samsung for internship) left the company when it started to become unrecognizable to the initial idea. Never settle? They have LITERALLY settled in every way. The smartphone market is in a terrible place right now for the niche enthusiasts. Pixel brand is falling apart, they abandoned Nexus idea and then failed at being premium; OnePlus has become the villain they started off to defeat, LG left the game, Motorola barely exists, Sony as well, Nokia is irrelevant, HTC perished. Again, what is happening?

pepinmen and The fraggle like this.
  2. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 8, 2021 :
    You bought every OnePlus phone since 2014? I don’t understand that strategy either. :)

pablofg1978, Artemus. and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Skipped X, 2, 5 and 6. In western English, when someone says "Everything from ... " it usually implies long term participation in something, being witness to something, etc. Spelling things out literally is the only time when something should be taken, well, literally. Glad that's the only thing you took from my post.

sfomin likes this.
  4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2021

In the ROW, we use ‘most’ in place of everything to avoid misinterpretation. Why create unnecessary confusion.

pablofg1978, otto2, Artemus. and 2 others like this.
  5. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Serbian Overlord , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I'm sorry that I caused you unnecessary confusion.

sfomin likes this.
  6. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2021

That's okay.

I think it signals a rift in the direction the founders and the present team had in their minds. As the company expanded, it roped in a few wrong people. That's what I feel.

Artemus. and Serbian Overlord like this.
  7. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

The fraggle , Apr 8, 2021 :
    No. I'm English and everything from means EVERYTHING from suggesting you bought all the phones.

otto2, TheMystic and Artemus. like this.
  8. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

Then they are allowing the newer people that don't have the same vision to take over.

I spoke to the UK repair center and they said all of the Chinese phone companies are terrible when it comes to customer service. They simply don't care.

otto2 likes this.
  9. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

It's absolutely hilarious that this is what the two of you are fixated on 😂

sfomin likes this.
  10. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021

If you were saying anything that hasn't been said on here countless times then I'm sure you would get a more interesting response. On a forum using the correct word is very important because that's all we have. If you type something then openly about that what you were said it's a lie the validity of your post goes in to free fall.

Off to report this thread as non productive.

Thank you, come again.

otto2 likes this.
  11. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Oh no! Please don't report me 🤣🤣🤣

sfomin likes this.
  12. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2021

Some of the cancers (or other diseases) often go undetected until it is already late.

This company is moving further away from being customer oriented, something that worked exceedingly well in creating the brand which is among the top 3 in the premium smartphone space.

13. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Agreed (and I'm glad we're talking about the topic now). All of the effort they put into it went out the window. Once that trust is gone...well, look at HTC and LG, where are they now? Ceased to exist. They started to move away from it with 7 Pro. Although very nice phone, it left out a lot of things and crept up to $800. I have a 8T that I got from Amazon for $580 and had bunch of gift cards to use up so it didn't cost me that much. I would never pay $1100 plus nearly $100 in tax (US) for a OnePlus phone. There is NOTHING on the 9 Pro to differentiate it from any other device. And you'll be hard pressed to even find another phone that expensive. S21 Ultra has been retailing for under $1000 for over a month now. Pixel 5 is $500 less. The fact that the OP9 got a price increase over OP8 and is plastic truly speaks for itself. The question of why am I here and talking about it that the guy who wants to report me (teacher's pet!); the answer is - I am sad to see what OP has become and what they're doing now. I truly loved OP idea and I lurked on the forum since it went live in Dec 2013. I finally registered in August 2014 and had my hands on OP1 soon after. Anyway - I don't see OP realizing they're headed in the wrong direction and changing/reversing it. As you pointed out, it's not even run by the same people anymore. The hype is dead.

PTuT and sfomin like this.
  14. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2021

OP9 is the worst deal. Way overpriced and absolutely nothing to justify over the 8T or 9R. And for that price, the 8Pro is still the better deal since the 8Pro and 9 sell for roughly the same price.

They are just going the Samsung/ Xiaomi route of creating a phone for every budget. Those brands make money via ads built into their OS and/ or tie-ups with 3rd party services like Facebook Services and others. OnePlus so far (strayed with the Nord but reverted) has kept away from such things to a large extent, which was also the biggest reason the brand grew to its current stature. But with the new direction this company is moving to isn't encouraging at all.

OnePlus sells only because of software and price. On the hardware front, Samsung is much ahead, and the rest of the competition is at par. The pricing now isn't something that is impressive. If they mess up the software too, there would be nothing left that will set this brand apart from the rest.

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  15. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 8, 2021

sfomin , Apr 8, 2021 :
    or they are heading in the direction that they planned. the goal isnt to be a flagship killer, the goal is to be a flagship. but they are failing in both of those either way :rolleyes:

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  16. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Haven't "seen" you in years. Still d-bagging?

sfomin likes this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 8, 2021

meatandy , Apr 8, 2021 :
    As long as you're bringing up Samsung in comparison ,
    My local target has the Note20 5G on their shelf for $799.
    I thought that was a pretty decent deal considering the current OnePlus prices.

Bobbie63, Serbian Overlord and sfomin like this.
  18. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 8, 2021

sfomin , Apr 8, 2021 :
    what else is there to do around here :D

Bobbie63 and Serbian Overlord like this.
  19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Advertising Samsung?

Caomhin and sfomin like this.
  20. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

You should be teaching these newbs how to communicate. We are besieged. In all these years, we have never skirted closer to disaster.

sfomin likes this.