What is the best way to respond when someone asks what phone you have?

1. fredknapp
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

fredknapp , Apr 6, 2015 :
    happenned to me with cricket today

2. Deactivated User
    Apr 6, 2015

3. sanjaysrikonda
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

sanjaysrikonda , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Say, "It's a oneplus one" and stare at them blankly. If they know what that is, it's worth explaining and their first reaction is, "oh, can I see it?" Otherwise, I go back to what I was doing.

4. salman.arif
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

5. jogerj
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

jogerj , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I just tell them that it's a limited edition (reference to the invite system). It makes the phone feel really special xD

OR

I tell them it's a (prototype) Oppo. Also OPO and Oppo sounds the same anyways, so either way you're correct lol.

a_agarwal likes this.
  6. Runecatcher
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

Runecatcher , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I've told some friends on Skype that I got a One Plus One, they had no idea so I linked them to OP...now they all want one too! I think everyone at work will be confused, though. I'm the only one that gets "weird gadgets" (aka not Samsung or Apple products) in the office. :p

a_agarwal and aris like this.
  7. B-Rad
    KitKat Apr 6, 2015

B-Rad , Apr 6, 2015 :
    "It kicks ***, you've never heard of it. I'm sure your phone works great."

8. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

9. rajkumar
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

rajkumar , Apr 6, 2015 :
    You are not alone....

JuanL and Thearcade12 like this.
  10. rajkumar
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

rajkumar , Apr 6, 2015 :
    True that... The same thing happend to me.... My aunt noticed this phone and asked what mobile is that I said new MOBILE I didn't use the word MODEL so she asked what's the name and I said one plus ONE and she asked "Samsung oneplus one"!!!!! The only good thing was she said the phone looked gorgeous and she kept on touching the sandstone finish to get a feel of it....

11. fino.scoopy
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

fino.scoopy , Apr 6, 2015 :
    sometimes i answer the question by only said its oppo let someone who ask just think its real oppo brand and not let me explain more detail and i will also answer that my phone just a chinese phone, thats it

12. wingless
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

wingless , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I have a black Nillkin case on mine. I wish that that OnePlus had included some sort of decal you could put on the outside to at least show people the logo to shut them up. Coolness factor goes does if you have to explain things to people. I might make one in red or glossy black for mine.

a_agarwal likes this.
  13. moon4567
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

moon4567 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I just say "It's a phone for hackers, the same way iPhones are for idiots and samsungs for wannabes".
    No one ever argues with me.

a_agarwal, jogerj and aris like this.
  14. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

vinay.k.21 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    If not for the founders and the place where company is situated... There is nothing Chinese about this phone... I just say this is the phone that RIPed Nexus 5...

mohanprakash.j likes this.
  15. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

patstar5 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I say "Oneplus One", they give me a weird look. One response I got, "Well I've never heard of it and I don't see it on tv so it must not be a good phone". Stupid sheep

a_agarwal and Christopher620 like this.
  16. aguilarch
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

a_agarwal likes this.
  17. CharlieArias
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

CharlieArias , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I do the same

18. tjy724
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

19. !1+1!
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015