What Music Genre Should OnePlus Belong to?

1. YRJ Lollipop May 12, 2019

YRJ, May 12, 2019 :
    I don't remember, actually I don't want to either.

luigimario likes this.
  2. cloudtalahari Donut May 13, 2019

3. U1557738574529 Cupcake May 13, 2019

4. Kaneki Amano Cupcake May 13, 2019

Kaneki Amano, May 13, 2019 :
    Wait, you guys got your phone with a box?..

5. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 13, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 13, 2019 :
    Not only that, the "Devotee Edition" is only the box, no phone inside ;)

Kaneki Amano likes this.
  6. Yashshah_36 Honeycomb May 13, 2019

Yashshah_36, May 13, 2019 :

Here's my Spotify playlist called Oneplus RIDDIM. I've added some smooth songs.
    Added a custom Playlist art too. It's an absolute state of the art cover. Haters are gonna say it's edited badly.
    Refrence -

1. Wait by Martin Jensen - When you ordered your phone and waiting for it to reach you.

2. No lie by Sean Paul - When you get your phone finally

3. Perfect 10 - When you realize your Oneplus scores perfect 10/10 in every field.

4. Out of my head by Loote - When your Oneplus does most of the work like waking you up and go for work and talk to your loved ones.

5. Happier by Marshmello - When you are happy af with your Oneplus.

6. The Flute Song by Russ- When you got the AUX in the car and in a mood to partaaaaay!!!!

7. Missing You Crazy - When your Oneplus when to service center and you miss it af.

I just threw in others cz I like it.
    Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited: May 15, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  7. suhantm Honeycomb May 13, 2019

suhantm, May 13, 2019 :
    upload_2019-5-12_23-12-46.png

Pretty much every other hour, whether it's to help me power through a workout, help me relax, or just for the sake of discovering new music! As for what music I'd associate with OnePlus, check out the playlist to find out! (Couldn't settle for just one genre, so I chose songs based on 7 different memories/moods/situations)

'Little Bit of Lovin' - Roy Woods' - I picked this because the build up in the song is similar to the rising excitement when receiving a package from OnePlus (be it a phone or just accesories!) Also, some of lyrics could be related to the feeling of seeing your new phone for the first time!

'Help Me Lose My Mind - Disclosure, London Grammar' - Pretty self explanatory :p;)

'I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown' - I've always had good experiences with help over the phone with the CS team as well as with the local service center, so all they make me feel is good!

Attending a OnePlus event for the first time

'Unforgettable - French Montana' - I had the opportunity to attend the 6T launch last year after managing to get an invite! It was an amazing experience where I got to meet the community IRL for the first time along with @Carl, @Vikas, and other OnePlus staff, got lots of goodies, and got to experience the 6T before it hit shelves!

The calm before the launch event tomorrow:

'Light of The Seven - Ramin Djawadi' - Theres always this calmness online before a phone launches and I just finished that brutal episode of GOT (which had this amazing soundtrack in it) so I had to include this!

When any OnePlus device/accesory leaks on twitter:

'Crazy - Gnarls Barkley' -
    "But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
    I just knew too much"
    I think everyone secretly goes a little crazy when you see a highly anticipated device leak for the first time!

For how hard everyone at OnePlus works BTS to host events, create amazing tech and etc.

'Everyday - Logic' - The lyrics speak for themselves. I can only imagine how hard @Szymon K. works with the FSE team, I've seen how much @Joel Jacob and his team work during events (I only know his username, but shoutout to the entire OP India team!) and I know how hard everyone else in the company works for their community. So this song is dedicated to everyone at OnePlus!

Thanks for this fun contest @Trista W. and good luck with the launch tomorrow! I tried have some 7's through the playlist, see if you can spot em!

8. albagarcia Cupcake May 13, 2019

9. YRJ Lollipop May 13, 2019

YRJ, May 13, 2019 :
    Good job! It must have been exhausting, for you!
    I hope you are rewarded handsomely for your efforts. :D

10. Taamdarohit Cupcake May 14, 2019

Taamdarohit, May 14, 2019 :
    Excitement - On top of the world
    Updates - Bad Lier
    Service - Believer
    P. S - I am big Imagine Dragons Fan [e]1f609[/e]

yOr68fbMQlyPCNVGayRn6Q

Last edited: May 14, 2019

11. Taamdarohit Cupcake May 14, 2019

12. Catalina29 Donut May 15, 2019

Catalina29, May 15, 2019 :
    Hi everyone! I am Catalina from Colombia. I love 1+. I hope I can win something. I have participated in all the contests without any luck but I love this community.

I worked on this idea for a couple of days. I have reposted this three times and I am sorry about it, but this contest got in my head so much that I couldn't avoid changing some things.

I am a perfectionist and I am also a Biology student so this is my first time trying something creative and exploring this part of me. I am also not an English native speaker so I have to edit some grammar mistakes.

Finally,
    This is my #OnePlusPlaylist !!

My whole concept is about OnePlus being the flagship's killer. And the headphones being called bullets. I wanted to play with those elements.

I really hope you enjoy it! And I really really want to win!

The cover that I made plays with the concept of the bullets being an instrument for violence, but in this case, I wanted to portray how OnePlus has changed the meaning of that word for me. I am always searching for my bullets for freedom of my mind, freedom of my music, my own freedom. To heal me, not to hurt me or somebody else. The bullets have became an instrument for other instruments.

This is a playlist for a world where all the killings are of flagships and all the bullets are made by OnePlus.
    7 songs for the 7th series.

1. Ready To Start
    My body is ready to start seeing the reviews, and hopefully, get my hands on one #OnePlus7Pro

[Mood] This song makes me feel so excited and full of adrenaline. I bought my OnePlus 6T and my pair of Wireless bullets on November. My aunt who was on vacation in Miami, received the package and brought it to me on December 5th. I can not tell you how excited I was, I couldn't sleep that week just waiting for my aunt to arrive. I was so READY TO START! My aunt's flight got delayed and she ended up arriving on December 6th at 2am. I waited for her at the airport. I knew I couldn't wait a second longer.

When I finally had the package in my hands. I felt an explosion of energy, the same explosion that this song produces in me.

I still didn't sleep that night at all. I spent all night long configuring and playing with everything. I loved it then and I love it now.

2. Smooth Criminal
    "Where the heck I left my bullets?". That's me 70% of the day.
    I don't carry a gun, but I have a smooth criminal in my pocket

[Mood] Whenever I go out with my friends, sometimes, I feel like a smooth criminal, I "hit" them and "slap" them with the fact that they only buy smartphones for the brand. That's why they have to change their smartphones every year. Their phones get slow while my OnePlus 6T is as smooth as new.

3. Killer Queen
    1+ has been killing it. It's the new Queen of smartphones. Recommended at the price
    Insatiable an appetite. Wanna try? Of course I want to!

[Mood] When I embrace my Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent and get to show off the amount of games and apps I have installed without any performances issues. And how the battery can last for two days of heavy use and fully recharge in 30 minutes.

4. Killing Me Softly With His Song
    1+ is killing me softly with this new release just 4 months after I could hold on my hands my 6T. The OnePlus 7 Pro is like if you had found my letters and read each one out loud and decide to make a phone out of it.

[Mood] I had some problems with my shipment. At first, FEDEX delivered my package to a neighbor's house. For a couple of hours we had no idea where my phone, karbon case and wireless bullets went. It was very stressful, it was killing me softly. And killing softly my mom, my dad and my aunt in the process!

5. bellyache
    Now I have a bellyache because I'll have to rob a bank to be able to afford the 1+ 7 Pro.

[Mood] OnePlus Customer Support responded to me that FEDEX delivered to the right house and now I had to deal with FEDEX and not OnePlus. I felt a huge bellyache because I was and, I am still, in Colombia and honestly, I felt like my money got lost, until it turned out the neighbors where honest people and they delivered it to my aunt with all the packages unopened.

6. Killing strangers
    OnePlus got guns (and bullets), you betta run, you betta run, ya betta run, ya betta run...all of you strangers flagships makers.

OnePlus is going to dominate the market with the best quality at the best price. Today OnePlus makes history as the ultimate flagship killer.

[Mood] After that resolution I felt pretty badass. I took a huge chance because OnePlus can't do too much to support me in Colombia. But the risk of buying it on the US store really paid off.

7. you should see me in a crown
    You should see me in a crown , I'm gonna run this nothing town.
    Watch me make 'em bow one by one by, OnePlus

[Mood] Whenever I want to feel like a Queen, my crown is my OnePlus 6T naked...without any case. Just to show off the beautiful and unique Thunder Purple glass back.

I catch a lot of attention and people ask me about my 6T a lot. Here in Colombia, OnePlus is not a well known brand (I have a feeling this will change soon). So I love the opportunity to talk about the brand and showcase it's quality, the specs and my favorite two things to show: the fingerprint on screen scanner and the Thunder Purple glass back.

It makes me feel really special and I think that when OnePlus arrives to Colombia, it will be the King and Queen of smartphones.

OnePlus genre definitely has to be alternative rock.

buntycubal likes this.
  13. elanglois Lollipop May 15, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  14. Shivar911 Eclair May 15, 2019

Shivar911, May 15, 2019 :
    these are shyte

15. puccellino KitKat May 15, 2019

puccellino, May 15, 2019 :

Hope I'm not too late.... Here my playlist. It charts the evolution of oneplus. Not just one genre but many..... As oneplus has evolved.

Track1 - launch of oneplus and invite system. Genre small special label release but became huge.

Track 2 - what buyers thought. Genre Independant music loved by enthusiasts.

Track 3 - after the hype of release op2 reaction by fans. Genre - pop culture music with opinion

Track 4 - best describes opx - genre pop but insignificant.

Track 5 - name speaks for itself Genre - electronic techno

Track 6 - Op3 release, Genre serious funky jazz..... One of the most sampled songs in history, sets off the trend for manufactures to build bloat free android.

Track 7 - OP 3T release - Genre smooth serious refined jazz.... Again well sampled song.

Track 8 - name of track speaks for itself. Genre electronic techno wizardry.

Track 9 - Op5 release Genre Hard Rock raw guitar power.

Track 10 - Op5T release.... Genre Rock.. Smmoth Refined power

Track 11 - OP6 Release - genre - techno.... Reaching mainstream, mass appeal...more about total experience, fewer new users interested in unlocking bootloader

Track 12 - Shout out to my friend who dropped and shattered his OP6 within a week of getting it..... You know who you are.... ;) Genre - should have bought a case! Hehe

Track 13 - Op6T release. Could have been refined dance, but with new screen dimension, looks and feels different to OP6. Also Oneplus no longer follows the flagships but is finding its own style and followers making intricate complex products. Personally I love this artist and wanted to give him a shout. Genre - elegant refined unique troubadour.

Last..... What will next release bring.... Well I think the genre could only be Sebene say it out loud with a smile and attitude and you'll get why.

Couldn't find anything on Spotify that did this justice so here an instrumental. It's complex, refined, joyous... covers aspects of all the above but far more harmonious...... Hope you like..... Ignore the video... It's about the music.. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  16. madassuk Eclair May 15, 2019

17. Catalina29 Donut May 15, 2019

Oh man what a disappoinment. I really thought I had a chance :( I worked on the concept for so long. I knew it was risky but totally worth it.

Congrats to the winners.

18. Catalina29 Donut May 15, 2019

I still enjoy my first generation wireless bullets. They are the best earphones I have ever had.

19. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 15, 2019

Its.Leandroo, May 15, 2019 :
    Congrats to the winners!

(Damn. another contest lost :()

20. BhavyaMehta0786 Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

BhavyaMehta0786, May 15, 2019 :
    Hey dude... you have no right to say this after winning the PMchallenge.[e]1f613[/e]