What people are saying about the OP7 Pro: Pop-Up Camera

1. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

2. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

Christopher Doherty , Jun 8, 2019 :
    is that Gcam by "apptuners"? cause I can't find it if it's not and I just wasn't sure cause it seems like alot of people here use it but it doesn't have good reviews like 3 stars. but anyway is that the one?

3. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Not on app store. Easily found w a Google search though. don't know the rules about posting that stuff on here. Really easy to find though!!

4. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

I'm pretty sure it's fine to talk about. ok so it's not an app it's like one of those XDA developer things? is it hard to install? and it doesn't make your phone buggy at all ? those kinda things sketch me out cause I've never downloaded anything but apps.

5. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Yes. That's correct. Also very easy to install. It doesn't make the phone buggy at all. However, there are some things that don't work properly. Slow mo video doesn't work and when you long press the icon to jump into different parts of the app, some are broken and cause a crash. The GCam I've been using is 2 weeks old. I'm sure they'll have a better, more functional none available by now. I just haven't taken the time to look. I just love the way nthe ffc pics look w GCam.

6. Christopher Doherty
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

so does it give u a new icon? or is it built into the regular camera app?

7. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    1559958651415.jpg
    It gives the same icon as stock. I kept the stock for GCam and picked a different icon for the stock camera app. Also to note I use Stealth icon pack from the play store. It looks amazing with the dark theme and has a very comprehensive collection of dark icons for almost every app.

8. MR.BEN312
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

TonyTechBytes likes this.
  9. Senthil_Jarvis
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

10. oliath
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

oliath , Jun 8, 2019 :
    front camera is great. face unlock works nicely when needed.

would love to be able to have camera pop up when using power button to turn screen on as an option

really wish one plus had got the led lights on the camera though like the oppo. using that for notifications is genius.

11. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    oliath

front camera is great. face unlock works nicely when needed.

would love to be able to have camera pop up when using power button to turn screen on as an option

really wish one plus had got the led lights on the camera though like the oppo. using that for notifications is genius.

you can! under face unlock there is an option under default way to unlock called "Auto unlock once the screen is on”
    that will pop up the ffc when you press the power button

12. oliath
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

oliath , Jun 8, 2019 :
    thanks for reply.
    I actually want more granular control. I dont want it to pop up when the screen is on from double tap. only from power button press.

so would be nice to have that as a standalone option. that way it gives me more control

13. NovinDavis
    KitKat Jun 8, 2019

14. brunton1976
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 likes this.
  15. Jesse01922
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

Jesse01922 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I agree with the pop up camera being gimmicky. People who have seen my phone think it's great. That being said the OP7 Pro is a really nice phone

16. nelly1997
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

nelly1997 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    so I found out that they sold out in website and so it becomes difficult to find that screen protector unfortunately... if anyone else has a good recommendation for a screen protector that is compatible with a case that will be awesome

17. cozzmat
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

cozzmat , Jun 8, 2019 :
    everyone thinks that with the pop-up camera the unlocking with the face would have been slow! on the contrary, you have to wait for practically nothing!

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  18. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

caseyk44 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Whitestone Dome glass. It's not out yet, but they are taking pre-orders. It's priced a little higher but it's worth it from what I've read.

https://www.whitestonedome.com/prod...full-screen-protector-anti-scratch-protection

nelly1997 likes this.
  19. nelly1997
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

nelly1997 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    yea I was wondering when they were taking their preorders. I didn't see this a couple weeks back. my only concern would be whether it would be case compatible. i remember my brother using one on his S9 PLUS and having problems finding a case for it. I actually use a very similar product called DJJ which is the cheaper version of Whitestone. it is also a dome glass and actually good quality. Just not case compatible

20. S1557948734480
    Froyo Jun 8, 2019

S1557948734480 , Jun 8, 2019 :
    If you are in the USA, call your local T-MOBILE stores and have them do the install.